anyone feeling peter, bjorn & john?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    young folks was one of my favorite joints of the summer.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Catchy as hell!
    I've heard a couple cool remixes too.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yeah this song has a great sound to it. probably heard it 48924094 times this summer, never by choice either, but it definitely grew on me to the point to where i really really like it now.

• thats basically what happened to me. heard the shit so much i just catch myself whistling all day long.

• I enjoy the whole album, really solid listen. You should check out the previous album as well....not as good as the current but still worth a listen to hear where they were musically a few years ago.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I think that htis labum is amazing. Every song on it is solid, and you can tell that these dudes are serious about making music. They had a sick cover version of YOung Folks on their Myspace at one point. It was called sitar folks, and it featured 'an indian feeling'.

I say this is one the top five releases of the year.

• Their self titled album (i think it was their first) is really good, i've liked all three of the albums i've heard.

Amsterdam is another really good sing. More catchy whistling.

• Never even heard of these guys until yesterday when I was reading my wife's Venus Magazine on the can.

• Just listened to the clip. That song ain't bad! The guy's voice is a little grating at first but definitely can't knock the production or the songwriting.

• if you like the beat and don't like the vocals, try this one:

Get Ready For The Young Folks

http://www.zshare.net/audio/27464029adc5f6/

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    only 5% of women can whistle

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    official nominee for Edgy Becky Jam of 2007.

Edgy Becky

OXYMORON

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Edgy Becky

OXYMORON

no no....hipsters basically. the ones who grew up with normal beckys but went to art school.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Did Batmon buy those?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    It's really funny how the "Young folks-effect" just snowballed - first it was a little indiepop hit in Sweden, then Diplo's remixing it (and doing a great job), next thing you know Kanye's rhyming over the beat on his mixtape. It sort of feels like a classic song, I think I've heard about ten versions of it. I still like, don't know if PBJ will be able to follow it up though...