Sell high.

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I keep a copy because it's a hip-hop classic and all, but it amazes me that people will put $200+ on this record.

this...kinda solves the mystery. even people who dont like the record that much still feel the need to keep it. theyre drying up because nobody really feels the need to get rid of it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I keep a copy because it's a hip-hop classic and all, but it amazes me that people will put $200+ on this record.

this...kinda solves the mystery. even people who dont like the record that much still feel the need to keep it. theyre drying up because nobody really feels the need to get rid of it.

I chalk it up to the mirrored cover. Shit - I've got two copies of the Silver Apples' s/t and one copy of The Groupies. If I can only get a copy of The Monkees' HEAD OST, then I'll be in business. Soon Over Babaluma is thisclose.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I have yet to see a copy of this out in the wild, smashed or not.

+

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

+

Interestingly enough, the above images, when combined, remind me of the cover of the Israeli pressing:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Shit - I've got two copies of the Silver Apples' s/t

please send me one. thank you

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    With all due respect, that's all kind of irrelevant; the record has been selling of upwards $100 for the last 10 years (and not just in NYC). If you are aware of a place in the greater northeast that still has $50 sealed copies, or is willing to deal out some quantity wholesale, you can feel free to PM me the information.

A friend of mine found a copy at TSL for three bucks a few years ago (cuz it had a couple scuffs)

BITD when I was looking for the "digger staples" I'd never seen in the world on ebay it was definitely under $50

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

+

Interestingly enough, the above images, when combined, remind me of the cover of the Israeli pressing:

Wasn't trying for it, but you are totally right. Weird.

And I've never seen a copy "in the wild" either. It really is the kind of record people hang onto and that almost everyone knows about, and Apache is a dope song and y'all need to stop hating.

I'd never drop more than $50 on the OG though when there have been so many reissues, many of which sound just fine.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Huh - I never see reissues of this LP.

Also, I think the second one is actually better -
    not as many "classic braeks" on it, but it's a bit
    funkier, not as EZ-listening as "Bongo Rock," with
    some heavy clavinet tracks, etc ... both are worth
    owning, but I wouldn't drop 3 figures on either.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

I chalk it up to the mirrored cover. Shit - I've got two copies of the Silver Apples' s/t and one copy of The Groupies. If I can only get a copy of The Monkees' HEAD OST, then I'll be in business. Soon Over Babaluma is thisclose.

throw the booker T record up with those

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

throw the booker T record up with those

And the Glitterhouse album too.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    silver cycles.
    there are alot of mirror effect records.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    silver cycles.

I've got that one floating around somewhere.

I'm surprised that the Bongo Rock 45 is so cheap, compared to this LP. Or is that going for $$$ now, too?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    silver cycles.

I'm surprised that the Bongo Rock 45 is so cheap, compared to this LP. Or is that going for $$$ now, too?

Don't be silly. This LP seems to have the Kool & The Gang Effect. Can you like put it on and bliss out to the bongos?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    silver cycles.

Don't be silly. This LP seems to have the Kool & The Gang Effect. Can you like put it on and bliss out to the bongos?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Either way, I'm too busy listening to Casanova 70.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    BEST RECORD EVAR!

BEST BOOTLEG EVAR!

• i had this record for years in my collection until one day i actually listened to the other tracks beside apache and almost puked. i know it's a bboy classic and everything but the music, it's not so good.

i think i got about 80 for it too, which seems to be the median ebay price now for the last 5 years. atomic records gets 200 for 50 dollar records on ebay so it's not suddenly becoming a 200 dollar record, i hope.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i had this record for years in my collection until one day i actually listened to (it) and almost puked.

I hate it when that happens.