Goodie Mob

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
The people talking about "Soul Food" last week, THANK YOU. This album is ridiculous and is certainly the best thing I've heard in a minute.

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    good post. you could've added a picture or mp3 if you had one and maybe had a stronger subject line, but overall i support this post.

*pat on the back*

• an anecdote would also have been helpful, e.g. "the first time I heard this album I was getting a back massage from a dude in my Dungeons and Dragons club while trying to concentrate on the NBA Jams game that was in session. Soul Food came on and I like totally spilled my Manwich all over the carpet. I think about Soul Food everytime I see that Manwich stain on the carpet, and everytime I hear Soul Food I think about that Manwich stain....Drop your Soul Food stories!"

• Anyone get the Tabasco-inspired artwork for the T-shirt and "Soul Food" 12" single before they were yanked? I remember seeing Cee-Lo's "TRILL" tattoo on the side of his big ol' head. I asked him what it meant, and he responded. "True and real. Trill."

Good Die Mostly Over Bullshit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Anyone get the Tabasco-inspired artwork for the T-shirt and "Soul Food" 12" single before they were yanked?

I have the pic sleeve 12"--I don't think they're that hard to find.

Would love to have one of the promo tees, though.

Another essential GooDie 12" from that era is the Dirty South Remix joint with Mystikal.

• the whole album is essential... every cut could have been a 12".

• Anyone get the Tabasco-inspired artwork for the T-shirt and "Soul Food" 12" single before they were yanked?

this is hard to find?

my only story is they had come to town once and b-mello, whos girl was working the album in seattle, called me because they were tryin to smoke and he was planning to bring them over, but i didn't have that much and didn't know where to find any. besides it was a sunday night and i was chillin, watching x files or something and didn't want a bunch of fools in my living room knocking over my pez collection and killing off my stash.

thus concludes my soul food story. i wish it involved a manwich and a massage. so few of my stories do.

the whole album is essential... every cut could have been a 12".

Well, I meant essential in the sense that it's not on the album. But, yes, if you claim to like rap, then you should have this album.

Anyone get the Tabasco-inspired artwork for the T-shirt and "Soul Food" 12" single before they were yanked?

this is hard to find?

It was recalled because of a possible lawsuit--I think that there are plenty around, though.

• Anyone get the Tabasco-inspired artwork for the T-shirt and "Soul Food" 12" single before they were yanked?

this is hard to find?

It was recalled because of a possible lawsuit--I think that there are plenty around, though.

Not sure if it's raer or not, but they didn't last long in the outlets in my area at the time.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i am still of the understanding that world party remains their highest selling album to date? can anyone confirm?

and didn't cell therapy have the benz/beamer on the b-side?

to date, one of my favorite shows is seeing these dudes back right after still standing came out.

i am still of the understanding that world party remains their highest selling album to date? can anyone confirm?

to date, one of my favorite shows is seeing these dudes back right after still standing came out.

Well, all three albums were certified gold.

I've never had the "Cell Therapy" 12", but I thought there was a "Benz or Beamer" 12" out there...

this is hard to find?

thats cool. this is actually the only goodie mob joint i have and it does have that cover. trying to locate a copy of "whose that lookin in my window" or whatever it's called...

and not to threadjack but does anyone know if that cocoa brovas joint "super brooklyn" is worth anything since it was pulled as well for using that mario brovas sample? not that i ever get rid of records, its just nice to know when they're worth something.

• i am still of the understanding that world party remains their highest selling album to date? can anyone confirm?

I've never had the "Cell Therapy" 12", but I thought there was a "Benz or Beamer" 12" out there...

I am pretty sure I have one somewhere. DOPE cut

• and didn't cell therapy have the benz/beamer on the b-side?

Yes. One of my favorite hip-hop songs ever. Also featured on the "New Jersey Drive" OST.

• i am still of the understanding that world party remains their highest selling album to date? can anyone confirm?

I am pretty sure I have one somewhere. DOPE cut

one of my all-time favorite outkast jams.

this is hard to find?

thats cool. this is actually the only goodie mob joint i have and it does have that cover. trying to locate a copy of "whose that lookin in my window" or whatever it's called...

and not to threadjack but does anyone know if that cocoa brovas joint "super brooklyn" is worth anything since it was pulled as well for using that mario brovas sample? not that i ever get rid of records, its just nice to know when they're worth something.

Usually records that are worth money have some combination of both rarity and aesthetic desirability. The "Super Brooklyn" joint was kind of awful, so I'm guessing no.

"Nothin Move But the Money" is the $$$ Smiff-n-Wessun joint, I think.

this is hard to find?

Usually records that are worth money have some combination of both rarity and aesthetic desirability. The "Super Brooklyn" joint was kind of awful, so I'm guessing no.

"Nothin Move But the Money" is the $$$ Smiff-n-Wessun joint, I think.

No its not worth jack as there were a mess of them put out before it was ever recalled. I think it was even reissued.

The cell therapy single is probably their best to me nto onlybecause its dope, but add to that the B side benz or a beemer track is crazy as hell. Anyone have an instrumental to Benz or beemer? i never found a benz or beemer 12inch hence no instrumental.

• the whole album is essential... every cut could have been a 12".

Well, I meant essential in the sense that it's not on the album. But, yes, if you claim to like rap, then you should have this album.

Indeed. top 10 album for me. Melancholy, and dare I say, both soulfull and beautifull at times (When Cee-Lo and 'em reinterpolate that Bohanon joint...).

I remember I had the tape and would bump the shit out of it. I also traded a "JAZ" EP to that dude Ness for the double vinyl. I wish it was the picture sleeve not the plain promo cover, oh well.