anyone use a roland sp-606?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I bought the sp404 yesterday cause i used to have the 303 a few years ago. Wasnt really feeling its constraints so i decided to roll with the sp606. Returned 404 to gc and will never shop with them again due to the nonsense and up selling aggressive sales tatics these cocksuckers use. I started yelling at the one dude cause he just wouldnt let me leave without trying to sell me something, even sinking so low as to middleman it from the online store. It was ridiculous. Anyways, got the shit from sweetwater today and am waiting for it to come in the mail. Thoughts? I like the wave editing and usb and just the size of it. I want to use it as a midi interface and seq for ableton live on a laptop, and also just to dick around with beats outside the studio. I dig rolands pads a lot so it should be fun to fuck with.

Comments

• i used to have an sp-404 as well, but sold it a while back as i too found the interface rather limited... the 606 is a little better, but i would suggest just holding out for the SP-555 which is gonna own all the current models... either that or just go the MPC route, 'cause i'm kinda sick of roland not making these boxes with touch-sensitive pads.

• actually i wasnt feeling the sp555. Thats how all this bullshit with me and GC started. I went to gc to get the 404. Dude started his little upsale thing trying to sell me the 555 cause they had one on the floor. I was like nah. Went home, used the 404 for a while and remembered why i sold my 303 in the first place, so went back to cop the 555. Turns out dude couldnt sell me it till the first of october. So i was like fuck all that. Went home did a little research on the 555 and wasnt really feeling it at all. Like a 404 on steroids still with the hangups though that i wasnt really feeling. I need chopping and wave editing cause i use an mpc2000xl for a lot of my beats and like to have those features. So then i found the 606. Went to GC to return 404 and get that and they dont have any, sam ash dont have any, motherfuckers trying to sell me battered floor models. Said fuck that noise and decided to just get my money back. But dude at GC was giving me all kinds of noise trying to keep the sale by getting me to buy a 606 through them and wait for it, blah blah blah. So said fuck this and got it online.

I hope to god guitar centers all get shut down like tower records. I cant stand that place and buying equipment from them. Its such a hassle and the dudes really are for the most part sleazy dicks that would sell you their mothers if the commission was right. I cant deal with that bullshit.

606 looks cool though. I like the program its bundled with. I heard the timestretch blows, but i use ableton for that shit anyways. Along as i can just throw a loop in it via usb, chop that shit up visually, set up some effects sends, and use the 4 track seq im good.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Br>next Primo?