somewhere between hip hop, rock & techno (?)

DrXparaMentalDrXparaMental 2 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
orientation:don't know where to start so here it is. Spent the last 6 months in VST ville not prison. Learning, learning, learning. Live 6.0, Stylus RMX, Reaktor 5, Sampletank are no longer unfamiliar to me in the least. as a musician I have taken a quantum leap off the sequencing bridge. water tests good. purpose:exploration of music that incorporates sequencers and is largely VST & real instrument infused.example:Beck - Guero contains:sequenced grooves, beats, samples, the fusion of alternative upbeat rock & hip hop. (or whatever the (beep) you wanna call it) question:what artists, bands, projects, whatever do you recommend? what I am not looking for:projects that are too loop oriented without much real musicianship like The Herbaliser - Ninja Tune (it's obvious isn't it?) bands that infuse styles other than rock like jazz or punk. Also material that is a bit too subdued like SquarePusher.please your help/thanks

Comments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    :5pager:

• I've seen a couple of great first posts, but this one is for real

• Are you a robot? Was that a mission statement or what? My first post was written entirely in capital letters, I got slammed for that. You must be joking. You come across like Bill Nye the science guy.

obejective: Be a huge nerd. (MISSION SUCCESSFUL!)

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Are you a robot? Was that a mission statement or what? My first post was written entirely in capital letters, I got slammed for that. You must be joking. You come across like Bill Nye the science guy.

obejective: Be a huge nerd. (MISSION SUCCESSFUL!)

you're coming along quite well. the force is strong in you.

wow - that's kind of a huh?

• honey doll is nice. not sure if it fits the specific criteria for beck-dom that the og poster requires, but I'm diggin it.

• Check Owusu & Hannibal - Blue Jay
    don't know if this is what you're looking for, but they're on the digital/analogic intersection