Doctor Jack Van Impe Presents

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Easily one of the best shows on television. Jack's wife Rexella is mesmerizing. Outside of all irony, I honestly cannot stop watching her. In progressing order of weirdness:

YouTube hasn't even scratched the surface of this show. You've got to see it for yourself.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    That show is next level WTF? Those fools are batshit crazy! LOL

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Podcasts available here. Well worth the download, IMO.

Headline for 9/1:
    Robot wars by 2015 - Robots will talk, see, hear, smell, fly planes and fire machine guns...

• Funny you should post this as they were first in my thoughts regarding the Jesus thread. I actually went and dug up some jpegs of Impe records we have for that thread but I will put them here instead:

we dont have these but worth mentioning.

I cant find his discography online but he has an LP about the Arab/Israel conflict as well ( from the 70's?)

Man their show is nuts! They have been around for a long time. Jack gets spouting off and doesn't make a lick of sense. Just a lot of Numbers and he whos is.

And Rexella, oh Rexella. Your pitch changes and strange annunciations make for a very deLIGHTful hour of telEVIsion. I wonder if the medication affects her mood much when shes NOT doped up.

Still though, I'm a Huge fan obviously.

• All in all it's a captivating television show they got. They are both real great speakers and they make me want to listen. I think I must've been 10 years old the first time I stumbled onto their show at 4 a.m. or so.

• Maybe unfair to link him in a Van Impe thread, but does anyone ever see Pastor Judah Smith's show in the middle of the night? (He's a pretty moderate Christian, unlike Van Impe.)

He's a Seattle area pastor that does a youth ministry. He's a real great speaker too. He sounds raspy and really emotional. And he's often on late at night.

I'm not a Christian but sometimes I really like these shows.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    um, Rexella. . Those church girls are wild.

• No one reads a tele-prompter quite like JVI.

• How'd the Nauga end up in hell??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My thoughts exactly.

• I know I've said this story somewhere before, but when my dad would go over to his brother's house and smoke weed in the other room, I would watch TV and, in a 7-8 year old way, watch TV and pretend nothing was happening. I would find myself in their record collection, and this is what I always discovered:

1) My dad's friends always had great records and 8-tracks. Spooky Tooth, Rare Earth, stuff on labels I recognized.
    2) My dad's brothers and sisters, on the other hand, had record collections that were fairly slim, almost to the point of being non-existent with the exception of records on such labels as Word and Myrrh. Janet Jackson's first album on 8-track was the exception.

Anyway, at my uncle's house was The Coming War With Russia[/b], a bit scary to be a kid and see a red cover and black letting, and the letters appear to drip in a blood-like manner. WHAT, RUSSIA IS GOING TO WAR WITH THE UNITED STATES? The front covers were eerie enough, but the back covers, where you saw photos of the church in which these recordings were done, where it looked like a warehouse, everyone dressed the same, looking proper... as a kid it almost made it out to appear as if they were "the good people", and if for whatever reason you felt you lived an impure life, or wanted to know what "good" was, you would go to them.

What amazes me is that this guy has the money to make as many albums as possible, yet didn't bother to put a new photo of himself on most of them. His face became as identifiable as Colonel Sanders.

For quality evangelist records (not an oxymoron), it's not Al, but Bob Harrington:

In the words of the immortal Mr. Harrington, "may we borrow your pots?"

Then there's Merrill:

• Then there's Merrill:

Merrill's Story is pretty hardcore and amazing. I think he was an undertaker or funeral music director too right? I guess, now that I think about it, finding out about him was one of my strangest record coincidence's. After posting about Van Impe on W******y someone brought up Merrill. Within' a couple hours of first reading about him, Tim who had been going through the other xian finds downstairs, came up with the 'I believe in miracles' plane crash cover kinda out of nowhere.... It was pretty strange and it all came together almost to the day of Merrills accident. Even though he didn't die it was still kinda spooky living ghost thing.

I wonder if he is still kickin'