hit and run drivers

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
please, soulstrut people,if you see a hit and run driver, pull them out of their car and beat them to within an inch of their life.My youngest sister was the victim of a hit and run driver a day ago. She was on her bicycle. She's all stitched up now, and in some pain, but it looks like she'll be ok... but this sort of thing angers me to no end.thank you.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    One of the more disturbing facts I learned when I began working in a Children's Hospital ER was how often hit and runs happen. If you think you see them all on the news you are sadly, sadly mistaken. They really only make the news when some poor kid is killed. I recall one night we had THREE hit and run traumas in one day.

Sorry to hear about her accident, JB, but I am glad to hear she's on the mend and gonna be OK. I hope they catch the asshole and prosecute.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am sorry and angry to hear that.

I really don't understand how a person does something like that.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I am sorry and angry to hear that.

I really don't understand how a person does something like that.

damn, man. that's seriously fucked.

a buddy of mine in va was clipped on 95 about 2 weeks ago. his car spun around twice and then slammed into the median. the dude that clipped his car just hauled ass down 95 without even stopping.

• That is horrible, glad to hear your sister is alright. I hope they catch the driver. I understand the instinct to run when you fuck up, but it should last about 1 second before you stop the car and call for help.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    total fuckery
    most people can't handle the responsibility of a check book let alone an automobile
    I hope they find the scum that did that and your sister gets better soon.

• most people can't handle the responsibility of a check book let alone an automobile

so true and so scary. It's amazing that there are millions of cars out there and a large number of them are being driven by people who are not always capable or in the right frame of mind. Not to mention people who are drunk, extremely tired, on their cell phone, eating, changing clothes, putting on make up, etc.

Sorry to hear about your sister. I wonder what goes through someone's mind when that happens. How can you live life without having that torment you. Hopefully they will catch the person. Did your sister get a description on the car?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    unfortunately, she did not get a description of the car beyond "it was beige". She was knocked out cold, and doesn't really remember most of the incident.

thanks for the kind words folks.

• that is so fucked. i'm sorry to hear about your sister and hope she has a speedy recovery.

• My brother was hit by a car in Times Square almost 3 years ago. He's still in pain and just today had major shoulder surgery. He's already had two operations on his hips and knees (torn ligaments). Since then he hasn't been able to work and it he was in a funk for a long time. He's doing better now, but he'll be dealing with these injuries for the rest of his life.

Fucked up thing is that the driver(who got out of the car and ran away, only to return in a NYPD hat and shirt that he bought from a vendor down the street) got off clean.

You'd think that as a victim of a hit and run you'd be protected.. think again. NY has some sort of limit on liability insurance. Anything over $50k is your problem. My brother got royally screwed. Nobody, including his insurance company, wants to pay the medical bills. So he has to sue everybody, and in the meantime pay for it all himself.

[color:white]I fantasize about tracking that fucker down and breaking every bone in his body. Wouldn't achieve anything, but shit, I think I'd feel better. [/color]

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    this is why I will be getting a concealed carry permit as soon as I return to New Mexico. I will straight shoot the kneecaps out of a dude if I see them hit a little girl and try to split.

• this is why I will be getting a concealed carry permit as soon as I return to New Mexico. I will straight shoot the kneecaps out of a dude if I see them hit a little girl and try to split.

slowdown there

jim,i hope your sister recovers quickly and is able to get back on the bike and in the swing of things real quick. i'm with the "most people arent responsible enough to be driving" sentiment. assholes

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    haha it's wishful thinking. I doubt that'd fall under the "legally acceptable" category ...even with a concealed carry permit.

• That's tremendously sad to hear dude. I can understand your anger. Please send all of our condolences when you talk to her next.

• please, soulstrut people,
    if you see a hit and run driver, pull them out of their car and beat them to within an inch of their life.
    My youngest sister was the victim of a hit and run driver a day ago. She was on her bicycle. She's all stitched up now, and in some pain, but it looks like she'll be ok... but this sort of thing angers me to no end.

thank you.

thats horrible, hearing that shit makes my skin crawl, best wishes to your sister on a speedy recovery

• Yeah man, best wishes to your sister. Didn't mean to scare you with my post or anything. Sounds like your sister's gonna be ok. Hopefully they catch the fucker.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Hit & Run driver fucked my life up.

Forgive,be thankful and move on.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    most people can't handle the responsibility of a check book let alone an automobile

so true and so scary. It's amazing that there are millions of cars out there and a large number of them are being driven by people who are not always capable or in the right frame of mind.

What's even more amazing is how we all drive around without thinking we're just separated by tiny little painted lines on the road.

A sneeze or a turn of an arm and that's all she wrote. Shit is pretty crazy when you think about it.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets better and they find out who did it.

I think the public should be able to legally beat the shit out of hit and run drivers.

• Thats fucked. I hope she's ok. If there is anything I can do let me know. via pm. my phone broke.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    She's doin ok, everyone- she's already tryin' to go back to work, which I convinced her to avoid for another couple days or so. Being all stitched up and bruised up while trying to wait tables would suck.

She was pissed that her bike was busted up, so I ordered her some new parts for it and had them shipped to her (hopefully she doesn't lurk...)

The cop that took the details down in the police report said that based upon the description and lack of any really good witnesses, unless someone admits to it, there's a "slim to none" chance of figuring out who did it.

Thanks again for the good words everyone- you're a good group of people.

• sorry to hear about your sister. Shit like that is wack as fuck.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Really sorry to hear about this man. That is some fucked up shit. I know if that had happened to my sister, I'd want to knock someone unconscious myself. Time should heal these things though. Peace.