Herzog's "My Best Fiend"

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I just recently saw this, and had a question about the opening scene with Kinski. Where exactly is that from? The shit was powerful as is, but putting it in the right context would help. So fucking intense.

Comments

• wasnt it "my best fiend"?

• Yeah, my mistake.

• I just recently saw this, and had a question about the opening scene with Kinski. Where exactly is that from? The shit was powerful as is, but putting it in the right context would help. So fucking intense.

His last stage appearances were in November 1971, part of his "Jesus Tour", a one-man show in which Kinski reinterpreted the Gospels with Jesus as a ranting psychopath.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Kinski

• Ah. Herzog mentioned something about a Jesus Tour in the film, but I had no idea what that really meant. Talk about next level...

• did you like it? i always switch to the english dub on the dvd because it's still herzog speaking and his narration rules in this one. i love the butterfly scene.

• I loved it. The copy I have is in German with English subtitles.

• I loved it. The copy I have is in German with English subtitles.

yeah that's the default on mine. if you change the audio on the dvd settings, there is also the option of herzog narrating in english as well.

• Thanks, I'll give it a try next time I watch it. To me, the fact that Herzog even made this documentary is a beautiful thing. The relationship between two mad geniuses such as Herzog and Kinski is usually something that's only speculated upon and spoken about after both have passed, and is mostly full of rumors and whatnot. I'm glad Herzog documented their relationship so well for fans of their work to enjoy and appreciate.

Kinski has to be one of the most intense and passionate individuals I've ever seen on film. That face on him, my God...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I loved it. The copy I have is in German with English subtitles.

there is also the option of herzog narrating in english as well.

Which is how it played in US theaters.