anyone ever HELD A SIGN IN PUBLIC?

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
For a political campaign/protest, Krispy Kremes, or "Will Work For Custom Press Jazz LP's In Your Garage"? Inform.

Comments

• My friend held a couple.
    "Smoke Crack For Jesus"
    "Will Fuck For Food"

• i made a homemade george w mask in 2002 and wore it for halloween at the entrance to a mall in tacoma. i had a sign in the shape of a republican elephant that said "vote enron". i got egged by some teens...apparently right wingers. the mask was dope. i left it in oakland somewhere.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

"Most Hated Family In America"
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4413388146858417528

signs....

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• "Most Hated Family In America"
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4413388146858417528

signs....

Wow. You carried these where?

• Cruel to be kind, bra. It's a very, very, very good sign.

• i made a homemade george w mask in 2002 and wore it for halloween at the entrance to a mall in tacoma. i had a sign in the shape of a republican elephant that said "vote enron". i got egged by some teens...apparently right wingers. the mask was dope. i left it in oakland somewhere.

That would have been cool to have seen. The sign and mask, not the egging.

"Smoke Crack For Jesus"
    "Will Fuck For Food"

Did he get any results with either of them?

• In college I held a sign (I cannot remember the exact words) protesting canidate for the govenor of Texas, Clayton Williams, and his extreme position on the Death Penalty (he wanted to fry even more people than Texas already does)...I made the front page of the school news paper(the picture had me holding the sign and "talking" with Mr. Williams who was on campus doing a campaign stop)...and was subsequently clowned by the athletic department( I was in the sports medicine program, so I was around the football team 24/7). Thats the only time I held a sign in public...except for having to change the letters on the sign outside our shop, you know, "Just In! New Dinosaur Jr. LP!...etc", but I dont really hold it...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

In College we Marched On Washington for Pro-Choice.

• you looked less like ramon when you were in college

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    you looked less like ramon when you were in college

Haha...That Aint Me. They only photo I have is at home. I just wanted to post an example.

Here I go...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    When Catholics were protesting the Kevin Smith film "Dogma" I started a fake organization called the WACCKS Crew (Writers Against Clerks Creator Kevin Smith) and held signs saying things like "A Cumbersome Word Is a Sorry Substitute for the Appropriate Word." My friend held one saying "Baby Jesus Hates Bad Riting" [sic] above a crude Sharpie drawing of B.J. shedding a few.

It unnervered the Catholics and moved them further down the block. In the meantime, lots of people didn't bother to read my signs and assumed I was with the Catholics, resulted in me getting shouted at, spat on, etc.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I haven't held any signs in public but once in a while you'll see these people downtown

Then there is this guy:

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I once worked for Subway and had to stand outside in one of those fucking sandwich suits in 100+ degree heat.

That shit sucked. I quit not too long after that.

• Went to a Dead show at RFK Stadium in the early 90's with a few work friends (I worked in a restaurant back then). One of my co-workers made a sign that said "DOSE ME." It took her about 5 minutes to find the first taker. Not sure how many doses she found but we had to baby-sit her the rest of the day and well into the evening.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

In high school I marched for pro-choice when it went to the courts.

• Options
    Suppsedly my union was the cause for the law in NY stating that protest signs are not allowed to be on a stick since the stick can easily be converted to a weapon. We have to hold them or wear them around our necks with string. No fun.

"Smoke Crack For Jesus"
    "Will Fuck For Food"

Did he get any results with either of them?

Nah, people were scared of him

• I held a sign up at the Southland Conference Championship game in 2003. Our school won and we made "The Big Dance". The sign said "Next on SportsCenter" and had a bunch of shit listed that was going to be coming up on SportsCenter after the game. A producer walking around the arena told us before the game what to write on the sign so that he would put us on TV. I didn't make the sign but I held the sign. It was misspelled. I got clowned, but I got on the beginning of SportsCenter too.