Moscow diggin

defcondefcon 30 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
After a mad diggin tour in Istanbul with scope in July (Turkish delight mix Pt. 2 will be finished in winter)- next stop is moscow on wednesday...Any recommendations for record dealers, flea markets, private dealers or other nice spots here?Always for the breaks.Defcon

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    neither do i know where the moscow breaks are. will there be a moscow breakbeat compilation out soon? that would be def.

• DJ Sheep just got back from there and probably knows some stuff. Might want to send him a PM.

• neither do i know where the moscow breaks are. will there be a moscow breakbeat compilation out soon? that would be def.

Believe me - there are lots of and poisonous ones! And a compilation is an idea roskow and me also had... but more funky than reduced to breaks...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm in the process of recording a Russian mix of stuff here that RAJ will sell on the online store.. It's pretty random, lots of prog stuff and that...

As far as Russian records, bring the portable, there's LOTS of Russian records out there and covers are no indication of what to expect whatsoever!

peace.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I'm in the process of recording a Russian mix of stuff here that RAJ will sell on the online store.. It's pretty random, lots of prog stuff and that...

As far as Russian records, bring the portable, there's LOTS of Russian records out there and covers are no indication of what to expect whatsoever!

peace.

Wow, can't wait. Will that Russian heat bomb you embeded on the classifieds page for that particular Moscow LP be on there?

peace.

Wow, can't wait. Will that Russian heat bomb you embeded on the classifieds page for that particular Moscow LP be on there?

oh yeah... plus lots of other stuff I never mp3'd, phased drums, jazz funk bombs... I'm gunna try cut it up and make it interesting, but it might end up like a mini compilation kinda thing... what u think is better? individual tracks or a mix?

b

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    As funky as that schitt sounds, I would like individual tracks, but you can still do that with a mix. With the individual track comp, you will see your finds(tracks) floating through the streams of MP3's blogs, which could be bad. Keep it a mix, with your flavor on the tracks. You being the beholder of the originals.

I'm anticipating this very much. Look forward to it.

• I'm in the process of recording a Russian mix of stuff here that RAJ will sell on the online store.. It's pretty random, lots of prog stuff and that...

peace.

Thanks- Yes I know. Collecting russian records is one of the unthankful things to do - no indications plus same covers for heavy breaks and polka shit...

What about that swap meet- how was that?

Pace. Def

What about that swap meet- how was that?

If you read my Moscow report and saw the pictures, you would know that it's probably not worth the risk... unless you wanna get followed home by the Russian mafia...

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    roskow said that he was always in a rush when in moscow. i told him about a nice store where i found some decent stuff like strata easts, novi bossa nova..etc for cheap. i bought sth like 60 records there.. and there`s still heat..
    its near the university on the big hill, sorry, i dont know the metro stop name but it was 1 or 2 stations after the university one.
    you could ask valique from freestyle records, a really nice guy. i think he should be cool to take you around town and show you the spot (he should probably know it..ask for the record store that danilo from inverse cinematics was so amazed about)
    here??s his profile:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=100059867

say hi to roskow from me, cheers.

edit: oh and be sure to check the girls & the vodka.. real HEAT.

The vodka to drink is Kaufmann...

• roskow said that he was always in a rush when in moscow. i told him about a nice store where i found some decent stuff like strata easts, novi bossa nova..etc for cheap. i bought sth like 60 records there.. and there`s still heat..
    its near the university on the big hill, sorry, i dont know the metro stop name but it was 1 or 2 stations after the university one.
    you could ask valique from freestyle records, a really nice guy. i think he should be cool to take you around town and show you the spot (he should probably know it..ask for the record store that danilo from inverse cinematics was so amazed about)
    here??s his profile:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=100059867

say hi to roskow from me, cheers.

edit: oh and be sure to check the girls & the vodka.. real HEAT.

Yeh! Roskow forwarded me a message that was yours. Thanks for the Info!

Pace