VH1 Hip Hop Honors - A Tribe Called Quest

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Slick Rick...resucitated

Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, and Marley Marl...resucitated

theyre resuscitated?

Cobwebs at least temporarily removed.

premo dusted them off in the early 00's. well, at least kgr and bdk.

Please be serious.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, and Marley Marl...resucitated by UGK.

Yeah, but Jay-Z had to resuscitate UGK first.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Kool G Rap

Really? I don't think that UGK track resuscitated him anymore than Letter P with Saigon, or the exposure from The Roots, maybe it's just where you live, but he's been doing a bunch of (admittedly not particularly good) stuff on mixtapes and things for a while...

This is absurd--UGK exposed them to far more people than the Roots or Saigon could. I live in New York and have never even heard whatever track any of those artists did with Saigon.

• Kool G Rap

Really? I don't think that UGK track resuscitated him anymore than Letter P with Saigon, or the exposure from The Roots, maybe it's just where you live, but he's been doing a bunch of (admittedly not particularly good) stuff on mixtapes and things for a while...

This is absurd--UGK exposed them to far more people than the Roots or Saigon could. I live in New York and have never even heard whatever track any of those artists did with Saigon.

I wasn't debating who exposed G Rap to more people, i'm just saying that it wasn't a case of him being resuscitated as he was still doing his thing, albeit not exactly making big moves, as opposed to having fallen off the radar completely...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Kool G Rap

I wasn't debating who exposed G Rap to more people, i'm just saying that it wasn't a case of him being resuscitated as he was still doing his thing, albeit not exactly making big moves, as opposed to having fallen off the radar completely...

Dude, he was off the radar. Before UGK, his biggest look of the past decade was as Karinne Steffans' babydaddy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, and Marley Marl...resucitated by UGK.

Yeah, but Jay-Z had to resuscitate UGK first.

That was how many generations of UGK buzz ago???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Dude, he was off the radar. Before UGK, his biggest look of the past decade was as Karinne Steffans' babydaddy.

You doubt the power of Rawkus?!?!?!?!?!