Weekend Digs

2»

Comments

• Got these in a 2 week period most coming last weekend and some on Saturday...

45s:
    Ultimate Force "i'm not playing"
    John Phillips Soul "memphis thing"
    Don Julian "shorty the pimp"
    Dynamic Concepts "california"
    ZZ Hill "i think i'd do it"
    Maceo "got to getcha"
    Seaven Seas "pat's jam"
    Village Callers "hector"
    Bobby Franklin "what ever is your sign"
    Nite-Liters "afro strut"
    William DeVaughn "be thankful for what you got"
    John Cougar Mellencamp "cold sweat" (surprisingly great version!)

AutoSalvage!!!
    "Murari" is sealed.

Mtume "juicy fruit" 12" on the bottom right

Z-Factor 'i am the dj" is the rare proto-house electro 12"
    Got another copy of the "father goose" disco rap 12"

Hoi'Polloi is a rare folk psych LP from Earlham College...record is VG, cover has tape.
    Got a 3 in the Acid Archieves.
    "Georgie" is sealed!

Top 4 12"s are copies of Jesse Gee "i'm hot" 12", one sealed!
    Rest of the 12"s are decent disco funk rap 12"s.

• nate-o,whats that shit that has the same stock cover as thesda?

It's a black merda related gospel funk rock LP. Pretty decent. Detroit.

• Man, that Murari is such a terd. I picked one up at the Salvation Army a couple weeks ago...I saw a private press LP with "yoga commune" and special thanks to George Harrison on the back and thought I was in for some amateur freak folk...not even close...then I thought, at least this probably does some loot..no dice..."Buy it now" on ebay, .99 cents...what a waste of .48 cents.

• Man, that Murari is such a terd. I picked one up at the Salvation Army a couple weeks ago...I saw a private press LP with "yoga commune" and special thanks to George Harrison on the back and thought I was in for some amateur freak folk...not even close...then I thought, at least this probably does some loot..no dice..."Buy it now" on ebay, .99 cents...what a waste of .48 cents.

That reminds me of the Rasa record that shouts out Alice Coltrane. I was all excited when I found a copy of that, until I got home and heard it. I was flipping through Wax Poetics at Barns and Noble the other night and saw they had a review for that record. WTF?

Damn, that sucks. I haven't opened it yet, but by the looks I thought I was getting a steal for a sealed copy at $2...Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

• Yo Sport Casual, how is that Roni Griffith 12" on Vanguard? I think I know where there's a couple of copies, is it worth $3?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yo Sport Casual, how is that Roni Griffith 12" on Vanguard? I think I know where there's a couple of copies, is it worth $3?

bought it for a buck and played it at a block party yesterday (Spys track) and got paid 3 beers (Dogfish, plastic cup) and a really tasty tamal (homemade, large) so you do the math. It's synthy electro disco if that floats your boat. Can't remember the A side, nothing special.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    it was the big annual fleamarket in stuttgart this sunday - and i was dead broke, so i could only afford cheapos.. found some more or less common but still nice items, and had to leave some more expensive kraut/progressiv and jazz stuff in the crates.
    anyway, here`s my rather mediocre score:

oh and while i browsed through my camera pics i remembered this one.. a dj friend of mine played it at one of our parties..
    HOLY GRAIL alert!

he told me he has a source for this kind of stuff.. maybe i should ask him again?