War vs. Mandrill - the death blow

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• ah yes. the coveted 4 AM spot on La Raza.

• that's funny.

There was a major flood of El Cucuy a few years back. He was on every single bus and bus stop ad in the city. I had no idea who he was, but I saw him everywhere.

it might actually be a big slot for him, because they push that guy big time. Or maybe he got bumped to early in the morning after the wife beating scandal.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    ah yes. the coveted 4 AM spot on La Raza.

This is a huge spot for a Spanish-language radio station on a weekday. In general, the most coveted spots in radio are from 6 AM - 9 AM, because it's commute hour. Cucuy goes 4 AM - 10 AM I think, and there are a lot of Spanish speakers driving to get to work reeeeal early in the morning because a lot of service, construction, day laborer, and other jobs typically dominated by Spanish speakers start very early. Ever been outside Home Depot real early in the morning?

• that's funny.

There was a major flood of El Cucuy a few years back. He was on every single bus and bus stop ad in the city. I had no idea who he was, but I saw him everywhere.

I still see his shit everywhere. My buddy used to work at a shop with a lot of Mexicans and he'd listen to this show a lot.

This is a huge spot for a Spanish-language radio station on a weekday. In general, the most coveted spots in radio are from 6 AM - 9 AM, because it's commute hour. Cucuy goes 4 AM - 10 AM I think, and there are a lot of Spanish speakers driving to get to work reeeeal early in the morning because a lot of service, construction, day laborer, and other jobs typically dominated by Spanish speakers start very early. Ever been outside Home Depot real early in the morning?

you're right I guess it is a big spot.

La Raza spends $$$$ on marketing; everytime I'm in LA I feel inundated.

remember the "GEORGE LOPEZ: MORNINGS!!!" joints? those used to be everywhere.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• EL CUCUY Y LA BRONCA. REP THE LOCAL BROWN EXPERIENCE, THEY ARE THE hoodBARIO. ANYONE DARE WANNA QUESTION ME ON THAT?

• BARIO

YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL IN SPANISH!

• INDEED.

YOU WANNA JOUST , HOMIE? IF SO THEN STEP-UP AND PREPARE TO BE BRANDED.

• EL CUCUY Y LA BRONCA. REP THE LOCAL BROWN EXPERIENCE, THEY ARE THE hoodBARIO. ANYONE DARE WANNA QUESTION ME ON THAT?

CATCH ME AT THE BAJA FRESH ON EAST HILLSDALE. ??Y QU???

Foreally, though: Cucuy and Piol??n ads got the Bay lookin' like an all-over print hoodie (no crispy shell-toes).

CATCH ME AT THE BAJA FRESH ON EAST HILLSDALE. ??Y QU???

Foreally, though: Cucuy and Piol??n ads got the Bay lookin' like an all-over print hoodie (no crispy shell-toes).

"HEY P**TRICK

CAN YOU PICK ME UP AT THE BAJA FRESH NEXT TO THE NOAH'S BAGELS FOR LUNCH"

• DUDE, I TOLD YOU...MY MOM CAN DRIVE US NEXT WEEK!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    [WAR vs. Mandrill] vs. [50 Cent vs. Kanye]

[WAR vs. Mandrill] >

• DUDE, I TOLD YOU...MY MOM CAN DRIVE US NEXT WEEK!

I SAW THIS LAST NIGHT AND THOUGHT OF YOU:

ALL THINGS BROWN RELATED

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

BEST ONE YET.

• oh. shit.

• ??Jajajajaja!

• ??Jajajajaja!

Thee death blow hath officially been strooken.

• BEST ONE YET.

HELL YEAH!

Man I needed that laugh badly. I'm happy a really tough day today.