Yo MTV Raps X Puma

dap1dap1 17 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Has anyone been checking Puma's Yo MTV Raps series of shoes theyve been releasing? They have also been posting new snippets everyday of old Yo shows.http://archive.puma.com/pindex.jspThe Big Daddy Kane's are my favorite.

Comments

• Where can you buy these at?

• dap1dap1 17 Posts
    they should have them at Puma stores and a few of the larger boutique shoe stores (Undefeated, Recon etc). They had them pre-listed on We Sold Out, but I dont see them doing that for this release.

http://www.wesoldout.com/product_info.php?products_id=2117

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

NO

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I'm playing at the party tomorrow, should be pretty cool............

• aside from my friends playing at their release party and the collectability of them... these are corny.

• the parties look fun. there is one in philly i will probably stroll through on my way home from work.

the concept and the shoes are corny. hip hop and sneakers go together. you don't need to put a gold chain on them. and what is going on with those doug e fresh models? looks like they are taking a bubble bath.

• "we're kicking it old school"?

second time this week i've heard that phrase. still not sure what it means.

IF they were gonna kick it old school then wouldn't they just wear/sell these?

It's annoying when companies try to do to much and forget that their original designs w/out all the bells and whistles are way better than anything else they come up with trying to 'catch that retro feel'.

Those new shoes trying to capture a yo mtv raps flava are pretty barfy. Puma outlet, here they come!

• It's annoying when companies try to do to much and forget that their original designs w/out all the bells and whistles are way better than anything else they come up with trying to 'catch that retro feel'.

That's my exact beef with the Nike Vintage line. The shoe designs and color schemes on their own are fresh, but the shoes come pre-scuffed up and with dirtied-up laces. For $80 can't I just get a brand new pair of shoes? Now my finnicky ass has to keep looking for shoes.

• TODAY AT SF PUMA STORE:

CATCHDUBS
    TRACKADEMIKS
    GRIP GRAND
    KING MOST

7-10 FREE BOOZE

AFTER PARTY AT ETIQUEETE LOUNGE

SATURDAY

12-7 AT PUMA S.F.
    BIG VON
    KING MOST

IF they were gonna kick it old school then wouldn't they just wear/sell these?

It's annoying when companies try to do to much and forget that their original designs w/out all the bells and whistles are way better than anything else they come up with trying to 'catch that retro feel'.

Those new shoes trying to capture a yo mtv raps flava are pretty barfy. Puma outlet, here they come!

yes! the crimson joints with white fat laces and a matching crimson felt kangol grouser! i see ya rockin that beat from across the street, hu haa! i would love to find a pair of these but alas, size 15 is a rarety in most kicks and keeps me from owning a room of them.... this yo mtv line is for kids who were barely old enough to watch tv when YO was in full force.

• As long as those artists are making money off them I am cool with it. Its no worse than the S.Carter, Hurricane, Lugz FF driving shoe etc.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I seen this senior citizen in Las Vegas last week and he had some Hurricane's on! Shit was hilarious cause he probably just bought them because they were sneakers but he didn't know he was supporting and representing the Game.

• i stopped by the puma store in philly after going to a wedding (in which carl thomas appeared out of nowhere after the wedding cake cuts and started singing songs!)

they had free drinks,all kinds of frut trays (not the ripest, but still), free wax poetics magazines (so i can read up on the controversial mandrill article) and LOTS of girls. being nicely dressd in a suit worked wonders and i got a lot of digits. one girl puhedd up on me and asked if i was corporate?!?!?! i need to do this suit shit more often!
    the pumas were corny, but my man rich medina was working the decks and i appreciate the stores overall effort

• chasechase 767 Posts

I would rock these

• Options

I would rock these

I too can get with those. They remind me of a pair of red Clyde's I had in '93 that I got in PA when all they had in the NY area were blue, green, and black. I miss those days.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up Sween? You seen the "DJ Ca$h Money" joints? Talked to Ca$h the other day. He said he and Doug E. Fresh were headed to Europe together to do Foot Locker in stores during the day and club parties at night.

You seen the "DJ Ca$h Money" joints? [/b]

Now that's a different story.

CLASSIC MONEY GREEN.

• i'm not a sneakerfag like some of you, but those pumas are beautiful.

i'm not a sneakerfag like some of you, but those pumas are beautiful.

3 different greens =

• John Brown (WHITE RAPPA SHOW) showed up at the party. I took a picture with him.

yeeeesh