International Tracking

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
So a buyer that I blocked re-registered and won an item... what is the preferred form of shipment that offers paypal-sanctioned tracking?kthxbai

Comments

• lil help?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I have never been able get a straight answer on this either.

Isn't there now tracking available on Priority International? No idea whether or not paypal recognizes this though.

• I don't think any of the "tracking" goes so far as to confirm international delivery, and that's what paypal needs. I just told the jerk to send me a money order. We shall see. I hate this.

• I have never been able get a straight answer on this either.

Isn't there now tracking available on Priority International? No idea whether or not paypal recognizes this though.

Priority Intn'l was advertised as coming with tracking when the post office announced the restructuring back in the spring but it turned out to be blatant false advertising. They may unveil it sometime in the future, my source at the p.o. tells me. You can get tracking with registered and express mail but whether paypal considers these as proof I don't actually know. I think registered you can only check on by calling an 800 number but express is checkable on the website. I've heard it said several times on this site that only the UK and a couple other countries fall under the category of verifiable (re: fighting a chargeback) but someone else can probably shed more light on that. Clown bidders need to eat a dick.

• Yeah I just sent the clown an invoice for the following:

Record: $17.50
    Shipping (Express): $32
    Insurance (Required): $2

lolololol

And then I said that they have to send a money order. I hate these fools. Why are they ALWAYS French???

I had a guy tell me that he didn't need to pay for a record he won, because Americans were all greedy, and obsessed with money and oil, and that is why we were in Iraq.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I had a guy tell me that he didn't need to pay for a record he won, because Americans were all greedy, and obsessed with money and oil, and that is why we were in Iraq.

IMG SRC=http://www.spiritsdancing.com/blog/scarecrow7.jpg>

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    it's ok, that's pretty much what i look like actually, minus the green...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn - I'm gonna use that excuse next time. But why stop at ebay? I'm gonna grab a bunch of things from a set sale and then say, "nah man, what you mean i need to pay you?" And then just say "Iraq" and wait for a look of understanding from the other party.

Damn - I'm gonna use that excuse next time. But why stop at ebay? I'm gonna grab a bunch of things from a set sale and then say, "nah man, what you mean i need to pay you?" And then just say "Iraq" and wait for a look of understanding from the other party.

This from a guy who once offered to to pay me in kangaroos for a Mike Longo record.

• Yeah I just sent the clown an invoice for the following:

Record: $17.50
    Shipping (Express): $32
    Insurance (Required): $2

I WILL NOT PAY ANY DOLLAR TO A SHITTY THIEF LIKE YOU

YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SELLING

YOU ARE BETTER OFF SELLING POTATOES!

Well, I guess that solves that.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    The tracking number on a customs form is totally acceptable for paypal - I've used it when a buyer's complained about not getting his item and it's all they needed to call dude on his shit.

• I tried using the customs # one time but paypal said they "couldn't locate the package" - which is not surprising at all, because it's not a tracking number.

Try calling customs and see how far you get!

My hunch is that paypal found some other reason to call the dude on their shit...

• The tracking number on a customs form is totally acceptable for paypal - I've used it when a buyer's complained about not getting his item and it's all they needed to call dude on his shit.

You mean on one of the basic green customs forms? Could have sworn there was no tracking capabilities on those forms.

The tracking number on a customs form is totally acceptable for paypal - I've used it when a buyer's complained about not getting his item and it's all they needed to call dude on his shit.

You mean on one of the basic green customs forms? Could have sworn there was no tracking capabilities on those forms.

Ah-hah! So I thought myself! However, when you get your receipt, look at it and you'll see a weird number that usually starts with LC and ends with US. That there is a trackin number - yerp!

• I just pulled out one of my receipts from a month ago and typed in a few of those LC codes. All it says on usps.com is when the package was accepted for shipment. No info on when, where or if it was delivered. It also doesn't go any more specific on the receipt then what country you were shipping to, so I don't see how paypal could accept this as proof? But if they are then god bless 'em.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

This from a guy who once offered to to pay me in kangaroos for a Mike Longo record.

"I have been zinged and I love it!"

I just pulled out one of my receipts from a month ago and typed in a few of those LC codes. All it says on usps.com is when the package was accepted for shipment. No info on when, where or if it was delivered. It also doesn't go any more specific on the receipt then what country you were shipping to, so I don't see how paypal could accept this as proof? But if they are then god bless 'em.

honestly...it's worked for me in the past on more than one occasion....AND I know you can get more info than that - I'm pretty sure it says whether or not the item's been delivered. It doesn't have precise tracking....

The numbers on a normal customs for is definitely not a tracking number.

• the numbers on the customs form are not a tracking number in the typical sense of "track your package." They theoretically could be tracked to the other half of the customs form. I doubt the post office would do this for you, but some real detective work could match the customs number to the other half of the form with yours and the buyer's addresses on it. You wouldn't have proof that the package was delivered or tracked beyond your post office, but in a sense you could prove that you mailed something with that coresponding weight to the address on the customs form.

The post office would never do this for you though.

An international customs form, for something over 4 lbs is ood though because you get a carbon copy of the form, so you can prove you mailed it. I usually scan it right after I get home and send it to the buyer. That way they know I sent it. Kind of nips it in the bud.

That's the problem, on one end you have the PO not wanting to do shit for you, and on the other you have paypal not wanting to do shit for you.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I just pulled out one of my receipts from a month ago and typed in a few of those LC codes. All it says on usps.com is when the package was accepted for shipment. No info on when, where or if it was delivered. It also doesn't go any more specific on the receipt then what country you were shipping to, so I don't see how paypal could accept this as proof? But if they are then god bless 'em.

LC customs forms are the little guys, they don't count. The CP big guys, the white, are the ones that are trackable.
    Express or Priority Int'l.
    I think that eBay sellers should assume the buyer to be on the up and up unless:
    1) Their email interaction rings alarm bells
    2) Their feedback continuously proves them to be shady
    3) You have 1st hand accts of people getting screwed by the person.

• I think that eBay sellers should assume the buyer to be on the up and up unless:
    1) Their email interaction rings alarm bells
    2) Their feedback continuously proves them to be shady
    3) You have 1st hand accts of people getting screwed by the person.

How the hell do you trust some zero feedback bidder? From anywhere?

I just sent off a $400 invoice to a 0 feedback bidder registered in the US. I have doubts.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Believe in the good intentions of your fellow man.
    Until they prove to you otherwise.