Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    bullocks

• Damn I thought this might have been a GYMKATA post. Oh well.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

i saw this thread and was about to post this. I hear there is like 7 films in the series. Sh*t gets crazy when he starts using magic around the 4th movie.

• HamHam 872 Posts

• ericeric 155 Posts

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Here is one i did a while back for a series of blogs connected to our main site.

sorry about all the 'rads' its a character thing

Most of my 80s time was spent either playing arcade games (Altered Beast represent!) or making shuriken (thats a ninja throwing star for the uninitiated) and throwing them at my friends. And then we watched ninja movies.

Ninja movies in the 80s followed a familiar formula:

Our hero has a background in either the martial arts or the military. Badguys hire some bad ninjas to kidnap his girl/friend/family/master and he must soul search before opening a case he keeps that contains his ninja suit (that is a different color to the bad ninjas).

He then opens a fat can off whoop-ass on the bad ninjas, ends up fighting the big boss at the endand rescuing the hostage.

So, not much different from the video game plots either.

By far one of the best 80s ninja movies is American Ninja.

B-movie superstar Michael Dudikofff plays our hero Joe Armstrong (Rambo Ninja) who is (wait for it) an orphaned amnesiac rebel drifter.(Rad)

80s Ninjas rule.

Popp'n Culture Cherry

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

And then there is the cheesiest of all 80s ninja movies: Ninja Terminator.

With a title like that, how can you go wrong?

Here is the final fight scene featuring camouflage ninja (Rad) (played by Tom Selleck wannabe Richard Harrison) taking on the evil red ninja in order to reassemble the golden ninja warrior for the good of the ninja empire.

Read that again: 'in order to reassemble the golden ninja warrior for the good of the ninja empire'. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!

Yes! Ninja Terminator! The dvd dollar bins have been overwhelmed by ninja movies recently and I've been fighting the urge to collect them all. I saw one called Kindergarten Ninja that really deserved purchasing on it's name alone and pray that no eagle eyed soul beats me to the prize.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    kindergarten ninja?

are you shitting me?

RUN back and scoop that puppy.

and once again: sorry about the 'RADs'

really.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    kindergarten ninja?

are you shitting me?

RUN back and scoop that puppy.

and once again: sorry about the 'RADs'

really.

Yeah I may have to collect it on my way home tonight, the thought of missing out on that gem haunts me and it will go great with my 7 Lucky Ninja Kids dvd.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts