Who here is broke???

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I need to budget so after this month, $30 is my limit on records. The Holidays are coming up soon. Now's the time to start cutting back. Or I should of started sooner. I checked my bank account and realized ' I ONLY HAVE $14.00 TO MY NAME FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS" OOOOHHHHHSSSHHHIIIITT!!! 1ST & THE 15TH PAYMENT IS SHIT!!!I SPEND HUNDREDS A MONTH ON VINYL So $14.00 bucks I can buy some water/peanut butter/bread/jam..that's all I need to survive.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Me.

The UK is so ridiculously expensive, for everything from bread to water, that I'm looking forward to heading to the US and spending my money for a month... I am waiting for people owing me money to make rent this month... something I haven't done in a long time...

b

• Damn, waiting for people to pay you...is a big NONONONONONONO

Damn, waiting for people to pay you...is a big NONONONONONONO

never give people records on credit... especially if it's $1500+

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I need to budget so after this month, $30 is my limit on records. The Holidays are coming up soon. Now's the time to start cutting back. Or I should of started sooner. I checked my bank account and realized ' I ONLY HAVE $14.00 TO MY NAME FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS" OOOOHHHHHSSSHHHIIIITT!!! 1ST & THE 15TH PAYMENT IS SHIT!!!

I SPEND HUNDREDS A MONTH ON VINYL

So $14.00 bucks I can buy some water/peanut butter/bread/jam..that's all I need to survive.
    You have a credit card though, right?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    just came back from cashing my unemployment check

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    credit cards are total scams. Never had one and never will. If I don't have the money, then I don't have the money.

Im usually pretty good with my money...well, sometimes. I can surprise myself by finding $300 in a purse I haven't used in months. Ha! Thats how ballers save their money.

• I need to budget so after this month, $30 is my limit on records. The Holidays are coming up soon. Now's the time to start cutting back. Or I should of started sooner. I checked my bank account and realized ' I ONLY HAVE $14.00 TO MY NAME FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS" OOOOHHHHHSSSHHHIIIITT!!! 1ST & THE 15TH PAYMENT IS SHIT!!!

I SPEND HUNDREDS A MONTH ON VINYL

So $14.00 bucks I can buy some water/peanut butter/bread/jam..that's all I need to survive.
    You have a credit card though, right?
    Man, I'm trying to pay those off. Avoiding usage.

• Damn, waiting for people to pay you...is a big NONONONONONONO

$1500

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I've started this month broke, and now I'm slowly building back up, but eh. I've been broke my whole life, and the money will come eventually.

- spidey

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Broke to the point where I really shouldn't spend money on anything extra (i.e. no more rackords) but not desperate. Credit cards aren't the devil if you know how to manage them properly.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Broke to the point where I really shouldn't spend money on anything extra (i.e. no more rackords) but not desperate. Credit cards aren't the devil if you know how to manage them properly.

dolla dolla bin ya'll!!

• I use my credit card for gas & food.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    As of this month I'm attempting to stick to a $100 a month budget for records (for myself). It's harder than I though it'd be.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    As of this month I'm attempting to stick to a $100 a month budget for records (for myself). It's harder than I though it'd be.

your avatar is staring at me. I can't read your posts.

• Hey,Does Taco Bell still have burritos for 99 cents?

• Credit cards aren't the devil if you know how to manage them properly.

totally agreed
    I run a tight budget, by choice, cause I'm saving like that
    my account was on 50 cents before my pay dropped in over night
    first thing this morning I cleared my card's balance back to zero
    then I shifted some more $$ to the savings account
    tomorrow I fly to NZ for a holiday totally debt free
    discipline with $$ can be a bitch, know it well

• try and even save money when you can just have records deducted from your weekly paycheck...especially when you are buying $50-$200 records...if you dont see any money actually leave your pocket, and you getting your paycheck handed to you with a raer or 2, you forget how much you spend on records, until you have to pay bills

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    try and even save money when you can just have records deducted from your weekly paycheck...especially when you are buying $50-$200 records...if you dont see any money actually leave your pocket, and you getting your paycheck handed to you with a raer or 2, you forget how much you spend on records, until you have to pay bills

This is essentially my problem too.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Not broke.

But I just changed my job from getting paid every 2 weeks to once a month. Tough getting use to.

Credit cards aren't a bad thing if you pay them off every month. Building credit is a good thing.
    Plus, with mine I get a ton of shit I use on the reg.

Travel Insurance - Check
    Car rental Insurance - Check
    Price protection - Check
    Extra year warranty - Check
    Among other crap

Also.. If I make a big purchase I get all that, plus I can then transfer the balance to another card where I get 4.9% until it's paid off.

Unless your dumb to fall for something like this shit

The World's Worst Credit Card

Which if you do, you should never own one EVER.

• Get a credit limit on your card. I did!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey,Does Taco Bell still have burritos for 99 cents?

$0.79

Bean Burritos holmes

I seem to be going that route for the past several years now

Oh,and I'm broke as fuck too:)

• reskresk 391 Posts

sorry to here this homie, worst thing you can possibly ever do

sorry to here this homie, worst thing you can possibly ever do

oh dudes been paying it off, but it's about 3 months late and still a chunk of debt left on it, he's one of my hommies so I ain't got the tek9 out the dresser, given it to jay, had jay show it to nas on the tour with large professor... nahmean?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    my rent is due 7 days ago and im halfway there!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    my rent is due 7 days ago and im halfway there!

Your rent is due on the 5th of each month?

that's kinda dope.

I'm currently waiting on multiple cheques to come through so I am slightly low on the flow but things will work them selves out, they have so far!

• I started a business with someone in march, and i'm broke as hell and have been since. It's depressing to be living on $100 a week (thats food, petrol, consumables)
    and my folks charge me 100 a week rent for a shitty hot room which doesn't fit all my stuff in it.

...sweet sweet goonbag eases the pain.

• I'm not broke but I'm living frugal. Most of my cash is caught up in products. T-shirts, kicks, caps, & other stuff I'm selling. I've been broke most my life so it's not hard to save money.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm the first to hold my hands up and confess that I'm shit with money - I make money to spend money which up to this point hasn't been a massive issue since I earn a comfortable wage.

However the last month has seen me and my girl get a new house and a mortgage which is twice what the rent on my old place was, all new white goods, a ??1500 sofa, a bed that, while not up to dolo's standards, wasn't cheap, and (my pride and joy) a whopping big plasma tv.

I am now beyond broke and approaching destitute.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i am DEAD broke at the moment. cant even pay my insurance for the last 2 months, still waiting for some advance from a label.
    might even have to sell some raer.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hi.