Junk Mail Catalogs MAKE THEM STOP!!!

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Somehow I keep receiving these fuckin DELL computer catalogs. I've called a dozen times and told these fucks to take me off their list. The names, address, the whole nine. Next thing I know I get a DELL catalog in my mailbox. Then all over again, I call and deal with someone in The South or India who have to hear me rant for 5 minutes, then they assure me that my name / address been taken off the list, and that it will take a couple of weeks until I'm finally out of their system.When I talk to customer service I know that they job is unpleasant dealing with some of the most moronic or pissed off people in the world. I usually try to make some sort of human connection, ask them where they at, what the weather's like, and tell them I know it's not their fault. I just hate to waste everybody's time, and hope that this will be the last time I have to bother them about them bothering me. I kindly close with a, "Thank you for your time. I really appreciate your help,"-type line.I must say though, I just spoke to a girl named Sheanah in Nashville. She sounded really cute and had a nice giggle.ANYWAYS, what's your solutions?

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Word. Takes some effort and patience on the part of the subscriber. But it totally works.

I couldn't believe the sheer volume of shit mail that piles up when your address goes on the public record for buying a house. Bastards.
    But the amount of mail is starting to die down since I hooked up with 41 pounds.

• and to stop the calls from coming...

www.donotcall.gov

• This 41 Pounds thing sounds pretty amazing. I will sign up.

In my opinion the companies behind these mailings should be outlawed and the people who get rich doing this shit should be stuffed in a mattress like drug money.

At least where I live in LA, the worse offenders are Shopwise and the like. These are the fliers of junk crap that arrive in your mailbox. They are similar to the coupons that come with a Sunday newspaper. Most people do not realize that flyering through the USPS is illegal, and therefore these mailings are addressed, if just to Resident @ yr address. This means you can tell them to stop and get your address off the list. Here's a link for that. There are different companies doing this stuff so check who is jamming your mailbox and do a google.

stop shopwise