ATTN: DJ BIG JACKS' RECORDS STOLEN. *Toronto*

Big_JacksBig_Jacks 3 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
peace ya'll, a DJs nightmare has just happened to me. Shortly after the Pete Rock jam over @ Roxy Blu here in Toronto[/b] my friends car was broken into and my crate of records, mixer, needles, and headphones were all stolen.The car was parked on adelaide near spadina where una mas used to be and broken into between 3:30 and 4:30 am. If anyone knows ANYTHING or saw ANYTHING i'd appreciate if you could let me know.each one of my records has my initials, "JI" written on the label,mostly in permanent black marker. if this is seen in any stores or in anyone's crates, please let me know.here's a list of records which were in the crate that was stolen. this is NOT EVERYTHING[/b] that was in the crate this is just what i remember off the top of the head,these are all ORIGINAL PRESSED[/b] 12" singles unless otherwise noted....R & B[/b]Aaron Hall ???don???t be afraid???Arrested Development ???Tennessee???Casserine ???why not take all of me???Jade ???don???t walk away???Jomada ???I like it???Keith Sweat ???just a touch of love???Love & Laughter ???I surrender???Mary J Blige ???be happy?????? ??? ??? ???you bring me joy??????EP??? (w/ real love remix, everyday it rains, sincerity, etc)Raphael Saadiq ???get involved???The Rayne ???didn???t you know???Soul 4 Real ???candy rain?????? ??? ??? ???every little thing you do???SWV ???right there?????? ???im so into you??????im so into you??? (remix)Toni Tony Tone LP (w/ Let???s get down)Zhane ???groove thang?????? ??? hey mr DJ???Hip Hop[/b]ADOR ???let it all hang out???Alkaholiks ???daaam???The Alliance ???do it???Beatnuts ???get funky???Beastie Boys love America style EP (w/ hey ladies)Big Daddy Kane ???raw?????? ??? ??? ???smooth operator???Biz Markie ???make the music with your mouth??? EP??? ??? ???something for the radio???Black Sheep ???flava of the month??? (test press)??? ??? ???choice is yours???Boogie Boys ???fly girl???Boogie Down Productions ???criminal minded??? LP??? ??? ??? ???jack of spades???Chubb Rock ???treat em right???Common ???like water for chocolate??? LPCrash Crew 'on the radio'Cypress Hill ???hand on the pump???De La Soul ???me myself and I?????? ??? ??? ???ring ring ring?????? ??? ??? ???supasweepstakes??? EPDiamond D 'sally got a one track mind'Diamond D ???f**k what you heard???Digable Planets ???rebirth of slick???Dougie Fresh & Slick Rick ???the show???EPMD ???headbanger???Eric B & Rakim ???paid in full??? LP??? ??? ??? ???don???t sweat the technique?????? ??? ??? ???juice (know the ledge)???Fearless Four ???rocking it???Funkdoobiest ???bow wow wow???Fu Shnickens ???breakdown???Gangstarr ???full clip??? LPGhostface Killah ???cher chez la ghost???Grand Daddy IU ???something new???Grand Puba ???that???s how we move it???Jeru ???sun rises in the east??? LPJungle Brothers ???straight out the jungle??? LPKardinal Offishall ???ol time killin???Kool G Rap ???talk like sex??? reissueKMD ???what a niggy know???Leaders of the new school ???zone coasters???LL Cool J ???big ole butt???Lords of the Underground ???funky child???Main Source ???breakin atoms??? LP reissueMC Lyte ???cha cha cha???Nas ???virgo???Nice & Smooth ???funky for you?????? ??? ??? ???hip hop junkies???Notorious BIG ???ready to die??? remastered reissueNWA ???straight outta compton??? LPPoor Rigtheous Teachers ???rock this funky joint???Positive K ???step up front???Public Enemy 'dont believe the hype"Q tip ???let???s ride???Redman ???time for some action???Roxanne Shante ???have a nice day???Run DMC ???it???s like that?????? ??? ???peter piper?????? ??? ???down with the king???Schoolly D ???Saturday night???Slick Rick ???children???s story?????? ??? ???sittin in my car???Showbiz & AG ???runaway slave??? LP reissueSouls of Mischief 'that's when ya lost'Special Ed ???legal??? LPStezo 'its my turn'Third Bass ???gasface???Tribe Called Quest ???low end theory??? LP reissue??? ??? ??? ???midnight mauraders??? LP reissue??? ??? ??? ???find a way???Ultramagnetic MCs ???poppa large???Wu Tang Clan ???shame on a nigga??? again, ANY help is appreciated, please spread the word and hit me up [email]jacksploitation@black-rap.com[/email] if you see or know anything.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Contact all your local stores that might buy back the records. Let them know what the deal is. Hopefully they were stolen by a crackhead so they'll try to resell them to stores. If they won't strong-arm your records away from dude - and I guarantee you that they won't (record store clerks are rather timid) the get them to buy all your shit back at a dumb low cost.

Spending a couple hundred to get your shit back is better than taking the time to rebuild everything from scratch. Take it from me, the same exact thing happened to me about 3 years ago.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    DUDE???

man I'm sorry that happened. Hopefully you can find/get them back..........and I'm sure you let folks like Aaron know already.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Y0 Jacks...

I got an e-mail from Monica about this.. I'll be on the look out...

I've heard this so many time before.. Always outside the club, or outside the record shop. At Traxx this thing use to happen alot. I know all ur shit is marked so hopefully will be easy to find if they try to sell it to a shop.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

Billy

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    a DJs nightmare
    damn man. that shit sucks.
    i had a crate stolen a few years back...promo copy of "The Message" is probably the most missed.

hope you get em back.

Aaron Hall ???don???t be afraid???
    forgot who did this.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    When the car was broken into, was the glass broken or did someone jack the doors open? I mean, this shit sounds like an inside job. Adelaide? Why not just take the whole car?

I highly doubt this was random theft, but I've been wrong many times before. First, vinyl is too damn heavy to carry. Second, unless you "dig" the assumption is most records are 50 cents in goodwill. So where is the resale value? Why would some random bum or theif steal wax!?!? Especially on Adelaide?!?!

I hate to put a damper on this or start some conspiracy thread, but I'm just taking a step back and putting myself into the shoes of a theif. I want the smallest, most valuable shit that's easy to carry. When people steal car systems, 85% of the time they leave it in the bushes near your whip and come back and night to get it. Who the hell can carry and run with a box?!?!

that is what I'm thinking with the crates.

I hope you find them. If I see or hear anything I'll let you know. I know a few people who went to the Pete Rock and I've already asked and they didn't see anything

• it looked like the work of a pro. the car was broken into between 3:45 am and 4:30. the car looked fine, no broken glass im guessing dude knew what he was doing, picked the door and got in the car. unfortunately my bag was visible, not the contents of the bag but still you could see the bag. it's a two door joint and there was no more trunk space with my mixer being in there so my shit was sitting on the seat like a waiting duck. we initially loaded the car up on king then drove to met my boys car on adelaide. so im a little hesistant to believe we were watched. i think it was more of random thing where dude was driving around saw unattended cars, looked in, saw shit and went to gaffle. my boy had a stack of records in his trunk, that was untouched. only my mixer (in it's case) and records were taken. there was like 80-100 reocrds in there, shit was rammed and VERY heavy so i do not think dude couldve been on foot.

anyhow, im still trying to put the word out. ive notified most of the major spots in the city, play de, kops, cosmos, etc and again if anyone see's, knows, or hear's anything please keep me posted.

and Moss, are you the same cat who produced for obie trice? if so, your shit is nuts!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    stuff like this isn't random, seems like they were targeting your records, not your friend's. It's most likely someone in the scene, quite possibly someone you have contact with.

It also seems like this dude was pretty smart about it, so unfortunately I have a feeling the records are heading for sale out of town

and yes he's that moss........I'll let him speak on that himself.

• Options
    it looked like the work of a pro. the car was broken into between 3:45 am and 4:30. the car looked fine, no broken glass im guessing dude knew what he was doing, picked the door and got in the car. unfortunately my bag was visible, not the contents of the bag but still you could see the bag. it's a two door joint and there was no more trunk space with my mixer being in there so my shit was sitting on the seat like a waiting duck. we initially loaded the car up on king then drove to met my boys car on adelaide. so im a little hesistant to believe we were watched. i think it was more of random thing where dude was driving around saw unattended cars, looked in, saw shit and went to gaffle. my boy had a stack of records in his trunk, that was untouched. only my mixer (in it's case) and records were taken. there was like 80-100 reocrds in there, shit was rammed and VERY heavy so i do not think dude couldve been on foot.

anyhow, im still trying to put the word out. ive notified most of the major spots in the city, play de, kops, cosmos, etc and again if anyone see's, knows, or hear's anything please keep me posted.

and Moss, are you the same cat who produced for obie trice? if so, your shit is nuts!

I trust you've called Ric's, Aaron, Aki, Jason/Nav???? I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled. I lost a bag a year ago and feel your pain.

I'd also suggest having a couple eBay saved searches for the items you know were in there. I f you need receipts for it, I'm sure I can hook you up somehow.

Kevin in Scarborough.

• bump