Sandy Eggo Spots

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
OK, hoLmeses, I need your help.My ladyfriend D*wn is out in lovely San Diego right now and she's looking for music & sneaker spots. Not necessarily old dusty record spots, something more Amoeba-ish. (I already told her about Access.)What ya'll got for me?Herm

Comments

• For shoes: check out Blends on Market and San Diego Sport on 5th or 6th, both in downtown San Diego.

Records: I guess it depends on what she listens to and where she is. The Armory is a couple of blocks away from Blends, Off The Record and M Theory for the indy rock type stuff. Stacks for some hip hop. Theres a few more, I guess it depends on what you are looking for and what part of town.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I swear I though this was about waffles. Man, I love me some waffles.

I only went to a place called "Off The Record" which is in Hillcrest, but they had some nice shit from hip-hop to used rock and soul and also a lot of indie shit.

As for shoes, get with the guys from the RE:Up store.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    For shoes I recomend Mint in hillcrest. dopest shoes in town!

for music,yeah, off the record should work, except they closed their current location and I dont know where the new location is, and also I dont know if its open yet......

• The new location of Off the Record is in North Park and it's open now. It's a great shop I always hit up when I'm in the area.
    Address:
    2912 University Ave., North Park (619) 298-4755.

Also check out Lou's Records in Encinitas has some decent records too. They have a full store of used stuff. I've never found anything amazing, but my knowledge is still a bit lacking. The bonus of Lou's is that it is right up the street from Moonlight beach which should be perfect this time of year.
    434 N. Coast Highway 101, Encinitas, 760-753-1382.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    For shoes I recomend Mint in hillcrest. dopest shoes in town!

if you're into lime green limited edition sauconys with whistle tipped toes that go "whoop-whoop-whoop" when you run. i honestly think the shoes at mint are a little to "lite" for me. maybe that's becuase it's in hillcrest though. the thai food place next door is fucking champ though. and that magazine stand is pretty dope. this is all on university ave in hillcrest, herm.

hotsauce-your friend might like the "re:up store" on g st/dwntwn. lots of little cute shit. stuffed animals raer with limted edition 1 of 5 sheppard fairey shoelaces and mix cd's with ultra raer hand painted limited edition paint colors from 1972 that were a wherehouse find by two dudes who were wearing limited edtion nike air max 90's that were $200 a pair. if she tries to go to "blends" for shoes, make sure to tell her that there is no sign out front. ultra limited edtion style.

also - this post is limited edtion.

undertheradar-let's trade some cd's, brohannon!!

dstill - getcho melo-d cd to you on thurs.

soulstrutmassive - wait till yall fools here the new lpsd 12". fireballs...