iPhone Ringtones

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
...became available last night: RAD!i think this is going to drive a lot more iphoners to DL music directly from itunesout of the songs i had already purchased, about 1/6 were already availabe to be made into ringtones for $.99. they are...brand nubian "word is bond"charles wright "i'm aware"faces "sweet lady mary"judy collins "chelsea morning" meters "oh calcutta"persuaders "love gonna pack up"persuaders "you musta put something in your love"rascals "i'm gonna love you"rascals "my world"rock kills kid "i turn my camera on"which ringtone should i go with???i'm leaning towards "my world"

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

i think this is going to drive[/b] a lot more iphoners to DL music directly from itunes

^^^^ works in marketing

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

i think this is going to drive[/b] a lot more iphoners to DL music directly from itunes

^^^^ works in marketing

i don't totally get the association... but you may be on to something
    i just started at an ad agency

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yup.. you cant make a section of the song a ringtone, but the flip side is that it plays the entire song as a ringtone instead. im using the 30 day trial right now and its pretty dope. ambrosia is a legit software company. been using wiretap for a while and ive had no complaints.

• Forget all that. You can do this totally DIY without an any actual hacks. All you need is a wave editor to chop the portion of song you want (and actually you can just adjust the start and stop with iTunes if you'd rather).

1 Rename aac file to .m4r using Get Info (command+I)
    2 Double click file to open in itunes
    3 Close itunes
    4 Goto username/music/itunes/itunes music/ringtones
    5 Rename .m4r to .m4a again using Get Info
    6 Sync phone

Make sure you name them the way you want, as you cannot remove ringtones (from the iTunes list) once they've been added.

Source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4152941&postcount=3

Works perfectly, non-invasive (I'm going hack-free on my iPhone).

I'm rockin that killer horn bridge from The Black Exotics - "Theme of the Blackbyrds".

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Forget all that. You can do this totally DIY without an any actual hacks. All you need is a wave editor to chop the portion of song you want (and actually you can just adjust the start and stop with iTunes if you'd rather).

3 Close itunes
    6 Sync phone

Make sure you name them the way you want, as you cannot remove ringtones (from the iTunes list) once they've been added.

I'm rockin that killer horn bridge from The Black Exotics - "Theme of the Blackbyrds".

problem with this is you have to use an aac which i dont really fuck with (nor do i want to go through the hassel of reconverting).

if your using an aac though, id suggest using this thing:

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/utm/posts/Article/MakeiPhoneRingtone-2007-09-11-09-00

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Forget all that. You can do this totally DIY without an any actual hacks. All you need is a wave editor to chop the portion of song you want (and actually you can just adjust the start and stop with iTunes if you'd rather).

3 Close itunes
    6 Sync phone

cool, i'll check this out when i get home

i like this idea: "going hack-free on my iPhone"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    IToner works fine.

Anyone with an audio editing program can make their own ringtones by cutting out what you want then saving it as an MP3 of any bitrate and using IToner (or any similar hack) to load it on.

So far, I've added everything from Fela's "Water No Get Enemy" to Inell Young's "What Do You See In Her" to "Blind Alley" as ringtones

DOH - seems like the most recent upgrade wiped out most of my ringtones except for a James Brown one plus the Inell Young. Apple is getting wiley.

Interestingly, all the lost ringtones were ones that I uploaded through iToner (the other two I did through a more complicated jailbreak hack).