david cronenberg

2»

Comments

• I did not like Dead Zone. Boring.

but you have to admit it spawned one of the best Christopher Walken SNL sketches in history

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Saw Eastern Promises the other night

this is the movie i WISHED a History of Violence was (though i did like that one)

• I just watched rabid over the weekend. It was pretty cool. I realized I have some catching up to do on cronenberg... shivers, the brood, etc. although I did see videodrome and that shit was a trip. loved it.

• i saw eastern promises on sat nite. ehhh. nothing to write home about. there were some good characters and it was an entertaining movie, but the story was predictable and a few of the characters were extremely cliche (especially the mob boss' son).

• i saw eastern promises on sat nite. ehhh. nothing to write home about. there were some good characters and it was an entertaining movie, but the story was predictable and a few of the characters were extremely cliche (especially the mob boss' son).

not me - I LOVED THIS FLICK!

Naked fight scene was

Viggo Mortenson was

• I liked Eastern Promises, but it's no masterpiece by any means. The Russian girl voiceover was extremely corny and cliche and yeah I too had some problems with the Vincent Cassel character. Viggo Mortensen, however, was excellent in his role and Cronenberg did get a lot of stuff right.

• Viggo Mortensen, however, was excellent in his role and Cronenberg did get a lot of stuff right.

true, and that shower fight scene was

• I liked Eastern Promises, but it's no masterpiece by any means. The Russian girl voiceover was extremely corny and cliche and yeah I too had some problems with the Vincent Cassel character. Viggo Mortensen, however, was excellent in his role and Cronenberg did get a lot of stuff right.

I've always thought most of his films have that corny cliche feeling, but for some reasons I like it. It seems like he's having fun playing around with that. Especially in movies like Existenz.

• [quote
    I've always thought most of his films have that corny cliche feeling, but for some reasons I like it. It seems like he's having fun playing around with that. Especially in movies like Existenz.
    No doubt. I'm always thinking that a 60+ year old veteran filmmaker would know better than to always leave some cliche stuff in the script, but then again, I can think of no plausible reason for him to constantly do that.

• Eastern Promises was a bit of a let down, only in the sense that I thought there was a much bigger story there that needed to be told.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    The Russian girl voiceover was extremely corny and cliche

Otherwise very enjoyable... but yeah, he's done much better.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Eastern Promises was a bit of a let down, only in the sense that I thought there was a much bigger story there that needed to be told.

I didn't really care for the bit when it emerged that the main character was, uh, not exactly what he appeared to be--I thought the story would have been more complete (or at least self-contained) without that.