2007 VMAS

Comments

• said he never will return to MTV.

if only this were true.

• what is the deal with "umbrella"???????? most [/b] overrated jam EVAR[/b] .

I love how they created this new category "Monster single of the Year" which basically means "Most Annoying and play-out overexposed Song that you could not fucking avoid even in the dentists office."

• What's interesting is what Timberlake said. From CNN:

"Timberlake's suite was packed with revelers, alcohol and eight lingerie-clad stripper types on raised platforms. Before he accepted the Quadruple Threat of the Year award at his suite, the DJ summoned the partygoers to watch the monitor and go crazy if Timberlake won.

He did, they did, and Timberlake said: "I want to challenge MTV to play more videos!"[/b]

Then he was whisked away by bodyguards and disappeared. He later won male artist of the year, and hit home on that point: "We don't want to see the Simpsons on reality television" -- apparently he's not a fan of either Jessica or Ashlee's MTV shows."[/b]

What was particularly hilarious was the 2nd time he made this rant he had just been presented his award by the girls from THE HILLS who were still standing next to him

There were no shots including their reactions, unfortunately...

PS my grudging respect for the one called JT grows daily.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

what is the deal with "umbrella"???????? most [/b] overrated jam EVAR[/b] .

I love how they created this new category "Monster single of the Year" which basically means "Most Annoying and play-out overexposed Song that you could not fucking avoid even in the dentists office."

Or maybe call it the 'Clear Channel Playlist' award

• what is the deal with "umbrella"???????? most [/b] overrated jam EVAR[/b] .

Or maybe call it the 'Clear Channel Playlist' award

yeah it's basically an award given by MTV for the song they and their affiliates decided was going to be monster single of the year ten months ago.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Man this shit was overwall just plain awful. I thought Silverman was wack, Brittney was definately garbage and Alicia keys thick as all hell murdered it! Come on' she got a standing ovation and what did Brittney get besides a room full of very confused looking people?! I think kanye probably should have won something. Where was jay Z, or pharrell or numerous other cats? My lady is in Love with justin Timberlake and tells me he is the most talented best looking man on the planet and he is simply amazing blah, blah, blah. He is cool but i don't see all that. I told her he ain't fucking with Stevie or Marvin!!! Where was Dipset at?! Lmao...........

• Where was Dipset at?! Lmao...........

I heard Cam was helping Tommy Lee fill out his police report.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Her body looks fine to me, but yea, the straw-like hair is terrible.

I think some career counselling is in order - it's time for her figure out what she's going to do now that her singing career is over. A parenting class or 10 would not hurt either.

• Her body looks fine to me, but yea, the straw-like hair is terrible.

I think some career counselling is in order - it's time for her figure out what she's going to do now that her singing career is over. A parenting class or 10 would not hurt either.

That body looks good? Maybe for the average,everyday chick that's squeezed out two pups, but Spears fell off hard in the body maintenance dept. It was basically her only appeal. She can barely dance to begin with. I was so happy to see this bloated, drugged up, mentally-damaged train wreck run its course.

Sarah Silverman is a badass! "If Amy Winehouse isn't Jewish, somebody should tell her face."

The rest of the show, which I didn't finish watching, was completely awful television. Party suites that featured performances which weren't aired in their entirety. A TV show featuring a room full of people watching TV. It was the worst shit ever. I hate MTV and the hollow, disposable trash they peddle to youth culture. At least when I was coming up, they actually played videos.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Her body looks fine to me,

I'm feelin the thickness. But yeah, she sucks

• From Daptone:

The Dap-Kings Horns left Brooklyn to be in Las Vegas this past weekend and perform at the MTV Video Music Awards. They played throughout the show with Mark Ronson backing up most of the artists who performed live on the show.

I didn't see the show. Did anybody notice this?

• From Daptone:

The Dap-Kings Horns left Brooklyn to be in Las Vegas this past weekend and perform at the MTV Video Music Awards. They played throughout the show with Mark Ronson backing up most of the artists who performed live on the show.

I think I caught a glimpse of Neal Sugarman standing behind Mark Ronson in the beginning, but I stopped watching after Sarah Silverman. I didn't think anyone was going to top her lips gag.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is some classic Strut right here, complaining about the MTV video awards?

What did you guys really expect to see here?

• I didn't even know that shit was going on. I try to avoid bad tv and pop music as much as possible, which means MTV is on my 'do not need to watch, evar' list.

And what was with 'Mr Pumpy' Dr Dre?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    From Daptone:

It sure as hell sounded like them, even though I haven't seen pictures of the dudes until last night.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Note the puckered lips.

• The Dap Kings can even make "Smack that" sound dope - minus Akon singing of course...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I watched the very very end of the show where they were hyping up what happened and then they had a replay immediately afterwards. Watched the Brittney thing, Sarah Silverman and the first award and then turned it. Spears looked bored as fuck, the song was boring, wasn't she lip syncing the whole thing? And I'd just seen two MTV talking heads talking about how much of an amazing return it was for her. Get the fuck outta here with the hype! Silverman was too drawn out and didn't have enough funny material, especially as it was the second act of the show. Couldn't take anymore afterwards and turned off the TV.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Note the puckered lips.

Uh-oh. That looks suspiciously like a 'Hot Chicks With Douchebags' face

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Note the puckered lips. [/quote">
    i get the feeling he and timbaland are preparing for a duel or something.
    anyone catch tim's intro of that rock band at club rain? he looked demonic and like he had been crying. it was an unsettling sight.

a href="http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1568786&vid=173455]http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1568786&vid=173455

• I watched the very very end of the show where they were hyping up what happened and then they had a replay immediately afterwards. Watched the Brittney thing, Sarah Silverman and the first award and then turned it. Spears looked bored as fuck, the song was boring, wasn't she lip syncing the whole thing? And I'd just seen two MTV talking heads talking about how much of an amazing return it was for her. Get the fuck outta here with the hype! Silverman was too drawn out and didn't have enough funny material, especially as it was the second act of the show. Couldn't take anymore afterwards and turned off the TV.

that little Sway-and-the-chick post-show hype session was embarrassing.

"Ohmigod Chris Brown has reinvented himself": cut to clip of Chris Brown biting Michael Jackson moves from 20 years ago.

"Alicia Keys -- what a powerful performance": cut to clip of her uninspired George Micahel cover with poor audio.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I didn't even know that shit was going on. I try to avoid bad tv and pop music as much as possible, which means MTV is on my 'do not need to watch, evar' list.

mmmmmmhmmmm. preach it!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Two other things...
    Did anyone else think the Linkin Park performance was pretty good? Dude screams way too much and too loud - but I actually think that's a pretty damn good song - 4 on the floor clapping???? kinda dope.

OH THE ULTIMATE irritation of the night was when Fall Out Toy started breaking their shit at the end of their performance. Anyone else catch that? Those dude's need to be off'd big time.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

OH THE ULTIMATE irritation of the night was when Fall Out Toy started breaking their shit at the end of their performance. Anyone else catch that? Those dude's need to be off'd big time.

That was weak. They grew up playing music out of their moms basement, and they think they can bash fuckin' valuable instruments. They haven't reached that pinnacle of exuberance, nor will they ever make it through their tour of duty to reach that level of nirvana.

• Two other things...
    Did anyone else think the Linkin Park performance was pretty good? Dude screams way too much and too loud - but I actually think that's a pretty damn good song - 4 on the floor clapping???? kinda dope.

• My wife is wondering if any of you caught that Alicia seemed to be coming out of the closet with that performance.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    This is some classic Strut right here, complaining about the MTV video awards?

What did you guys really expect to see here?

They should've just left the camera running in that Foo Fighters room. Dead Kennedys cover with Serg from System of a Down, "Overkill" with Lemmy on vocals, getting Mastodon to play?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    My wife is wondering if any of you caught that Alicia seemed to be coming out of the closet with that performance.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    yoooo - I totally forgot about that shit. what a fucking fiesta of weird that shit was