2007 VMAS

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
YOU KNOW YOU WANNA see Britney!!!

Comments

• [color:green]YOU KNOW YOU WANNA see Britney!!! [/color]

Has her hair grown back yet?

I mean, yeah, she looks cute in the hats, but since this is a woman who shaved her head because she was bored...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    /Yikes!
    Hot mess.
    Lip synching. Can't move anymore. Tired looking and bloated.

sarah silverman's about to blast her.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HOLY FUCK!
    Bush League amateur hour on MTV.
    PATHETIC.
    Sarah Silverman was doing the thing though.

• I'd feel sorry for the shit MTV has to put on their stage, but they're responsible for it.

I'd feel sorry for the shit MTV has to put on their stage, but they're responsible for it.

absolutely.

on the pre-show that freak john norris told panic at the disco, who i guess are like 19 year old kids, that they inspire his style.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this shit is terrible. what the fuck is going on?

chris brown is a good dancer.

• I'd feel sorry for the shit MTV has to put on their stage, but they're responsible for it.

absolutely.

on the pre-show that freak john norris told panic at the disco, who i guess are like 19 year old kids, that they inspire his style.

What moldy basement office do they pull him from? It seems like he doesn't really even work for MTV. I'll bet he'd kill himself if they ever fired him.

• fuck all the bullshit..what about Kid Rock punching Tommy Lee..

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    just turned this on... kanye and 50 presented an award to beyonce's boobies
    50 was like
    don't think kanye noticed

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    What's interesting is what Timberlake said. From CNN:

"Timberlake's suite was packed with revelers, alcohol and eight lingerie-clad stripper types on raised platforms. Before he accepted the Quadruple Threat of the Year award at his suite, the DJ summoned the partygoers to watch the monitor and go crazy if Timberlake won.

He did, they did, and Timberlake said: "I want to challenge MTV to play more videos!"[/b]

Then he was whisked away by bodyguards and disappeared. He later won male artist of the year, and hit home on that point: "We don't want to see the Simpsons on reality television" -- apparently he's not a fan of either Jessica or Ashlee's MTV shows."[/b]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    What's interesting is what Timberlake said. From CNN:

"Timberlake's suite was packed with revelers, alcohol and eight lingerie-clad stripper types on raised platforms. Before he accepted the Quadruple Threat of the Year award at his suite, the DJ summoned the partygoers to watch the monitor and go crazy if Timberlake won.

He did, they did, and Timberlake said: "I want to challenge MTV to play more videos!"[/b]

Then he was whisked away by bodyguards and disappeared. He later won male artist of the year, and hit home on that point: "We don't want to see the Simpsons on reality television" -- apparently he's not a fan of either Jessica or Ashlee's MTV shows."[/b]

What was particularly hilarious was the 2nd time he made this rant he had just been presented his award by the girls from THE HILLS who were still standing next to him

There were no shots including their reactions, unfortunately...

• Britney's performance was seriously embarassing. If she's going to lip sync then she should at least dance. Her dancing was so slow and half assed it was a joke. She must be high on some serious medication. She used to be an ok dancer, but this show now effort or care at all.

On the "play videos" note...why does MTV rerun america's next top model over and over. Or even do marathons of Flavor Of Love and shit like that. They are not even from their network. I know the same company owns all of these stations, but can't they just play some videos instead of rerunning shows from other newtorks. The only video blocks I know of are the morning wake up thing and TRL. TRL is 1.5 minute clips at best, generally with talking over them. I guess that's what MTV2 is for. Or does that not play videos anymore? Do you have to go to MTV 5 for videos?

VMA format was booty. Such a mess.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    mtvjams is for videos

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    medication. She used to be an ok dancer, but this show now effort or care at all.

On the "play videos" note...why does MTV rerun america's next top model over and over.

They probably make more money doing this than showing videos, which is pretty sad...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I can't believe I wasted my time watching that show! LOL. I should have watched a 70s European crime movie instead. The show was TERRIBLE. Popular music sure is awful. I feel sorry for kids growing up these days and having to be subjected to all of this horrendous music.

• Sarah Silverman

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I hate to say it, but I'm probably a better guitar player then Mr. Mark Ronson. (You should let me have that telecaster )

- spidey

• Houston we have a problem !!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I can't believe her management even allowed her to make that appearance. I mean that was just beyond any performance I've seen in recent years - it honestly looked like something from a Mel Brooks movie. "Text 33234 to get 'It's Britney, Bitch' on your cell!" Wow.

And did anyone else notice how horribly it was directed as well? They were fucking up left and right...mics weren't on, cues were too fast or too slow, and they kept on saying that there was some ill guest that was going to show up..........and no one showed up. I wish they would have let Sarah Silverman just do her thing.....

but more importantly....

SHMOHAWK!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Popular music sure is awful. I feel sorry for kids growing up these days and having to be subjected to all of this horrendous music.

True. But things haven't changed in 20 years.

See:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i am kind of glad creed is no longer around

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

and from BBC:

Rapper Kanye West threw a tantrum in front of waiting media after missing out on all five awards he was nominated for.

Rihanna also performed during the ceremony in Las Vegas
    "That's two years in a row, man... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter.

"I'm trying hard, man, I have the... number one record, man."

West, who gatecrashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after failing to win the prize for best video, said he never will return to MTV.

And there was more drama off-stage when Kid Rock and Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee tussled in the audience.

Both are former husbands of actress and model Pamela Anderson, who was a presenter at the show.

Security officials allowed rapper Kid Rock to stay for the rest of the show while Lee was dragged out.

The incident inspired plenty of mock rebukes from those in the crowd.

"They say it's only rappers," said MTV VJ Sway. "I told you, rockers fight too."

• Sarah Silverman

she called my work the other day and since my coworkers knew i dug her, they made me (wasn't that hard to do) talk with her. pretty funny conversation and a great way to open up the week.

her monologue was good, despite the in the audience.

• chris brown is a good dancer, but lets not forget that his biggest applause came when he replicated the moves that michael jackson invented.

sarah silverman had a few misfires but she had one line that had me on the floor:

something like - "its amazing that racism is still prevalent in 2007. i was talking to ceelo about this backstage, but it turns out it was kanye west."

what is the deal with "umbrella"???????? overrated.

timberlake and timbaland put on the best performance with actual singing.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Should "Clothing Line" really have been part of the criteria for the Quadruple Threat award?!
    "I am a performer, actor, social activist and... hell, yes, I wanna make more money so put my name on some over-priced jeans."

Even winner Timberlake mocked the 'award'.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    why couldn't she just wear a normal outfit? Or a shirt at least?

she looked stoned as fuck.

and her weave was horrendous.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    her weave was horrendous.

first thing my wife said.

oh, and:

they call that fighting?

what a joke.

how old are all these people?

• she looked like she was performing at a high school talent show, insecure and unsure of herself. pretty sad. Kanye thought he should have been opening and was pissed Brit was doing it, I think he may have been right.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

and from BBC:

Rapper Kanye West threw a tantrum in front of waiting media after missing out on all five awards he was nominated for.

Rihanna also performed during the ceremony in Las Vegas
    "That's two years in a row, man... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter.

"I'm trying hard, man, I have the... number one record, man."

West, who gatecrashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after failing to win the prize for best video, said he never will return to MTV.

And there was more drama off-stage when Kid Rock and Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee tussled in the audience.

Both are former husbands of actress and model Pamela Anderson, who was a presenter at the show.

Security officials allowed rapper Kid Rock to stay for the rest of the show while Lee was dragged out.

The incident inspired plenty of mock rebukes from those in the crowd.

"They say it's only rappers," said MTV VJ Sway. "I told you, rockers fight too."

Kanye is the biggest crybaby bitch ever. shut up.