Tyrone Washington-Do It

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
whats this album like? can someone post a review or a sound clip?

Comments

• I really like it. Has a great vibe to it. I can't descibe it though and have no sound clips. It's worth to check it out though

• and i think it's much better than his roots lp.

• its pretty good, Ill try and post some clips this weekend...actually I was thinking of selling it, as its value probably outweighs my enjoyment...I actually like his Blue Note LP, "Natural Essence", a lot more..

• its pretty good, Ill try and post some clips this weekend...actually I was thinking of selling it, as its value probably outweighs my enjoyment...I actually like his Blue Note LP, "Natural Essence", a lot more..

I think "Do Right!" only goes for bout $40-50... for me the reverse is true... enjoyment greatly outweighs the value... great soulful almost spiritual vibe throughout and some nice vocals sprinkled throughout to boot... miles and above the "Roots" LP... haven't heard the "Natural Essence" yet but apparently now I must...

Cover art is

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is there anything else on the Blue Labor label thats worth picking up?

I remember passing a gospel album up on the label years ago and I've lived in regret ever since

I think "Do Right!" only goes for bout $40-50... for me the reverse is true... enjoyment greatly outweighs the value... great soulful almost spiritual vibe throughout and some nice vocals sprinkled throughout to boot... miles and above the "Roots" LP... haven't heard the "Natural Essence" yet but apparently now I must...

Cover art is

Ill give it another listen, I havent listened to it since I got it a couple years ago...I got it at the same time as the "Natural Essence" and I was feeling it more, I love its slightly avant garde, post bop sound... Joe Chambers is on it and Im a fan of his..also has James spaulding and Woody Shaw, who are great also, are on it.