Too Much Caffeine Strut

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
So my boss made one pot of coffee with twice the amount of grounds this morning. I didn't eat breakfast and a few cups later I'm freakin out here.

Comments

• Today is my first day without the morning cup of joe... Feeling tired right now despite 8 hours of sleep. Replaced the coffee with Green Tea. Trying to cut caffeine out of my diet for a while. Green Tea supposedly has more caffeine than coffee (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I'm not feeling the tweak...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Green Tea supposedly has more caffeine than coffee (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I'm not feeling the tweak...

Not true at all. I think your average cup of green tea has closer to 1/4 - 1/3 the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.

• Gracias!

• Green Tea supposedly has more caffeine than coffee (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I'm not feeling the tweak...

Not true at all. I think your average cup of green tea has closer to 1/4 - 1/3 the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.

There's also a way to brew green tea that allows you to remove almost all the caffeine. I believe you steep the tea for 30 seconds, remove the bag/filter, dump the water and resteep in fresh water.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I would not be here today if it was not for the caffeine.

Real Parents Know the Deal.

• Green Tea supposedly has more caffeine than coffee (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I'm not feeling the tweak...

There's also a way to brew green tea that allows you to remove almost all the caffeine. I believe you steep the tea for 30 seconds, remove the bag/filter, dump the water and resteep in fresh water.

Thanks, but I don't have time for all that. I'll just deal with the lesser amount of caffeine.

• I would not be here today if it was not for the caffeine.

Hell yes.

• Today is my first day without the morning cup of joe... Feeling tired right now despite 8 hours of sleep. Replaced the coffee with Green Tea. Trying to cut caffeine out of my diet for a while. Green Tea supposedly has more caffeine than coffee (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I'm not feeling the tweak...

yeah I am trying to do the same at least a couple days a week; the green tea is easier on my stomach and has healthful side effects as well.

but no, it's nowhere near the caffeine boost I need. I basically just find myself drinking twice as much tea as I would coffee, like 8-9 cups over the course of the day.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    funny you should post this cause I just OD'd myself.

I was up too late last night and had to wake up at 6:30 so I overcompensated with coffee and now I'm

Nothing worse than being over caffinated and tired. I feel hype but can't think straight. NALGAS

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Nothing will be quite like a good strong coffee, but grapefruit juice works, too.

Man started taking one B12 vitamin before bed at night and felt a real difference in the mornings of up and at 'em.

• Man started taking one B12 vitamin before bed at night and felt a real difference in the mornings of up and at 'em.

I'm intrigued. So it doesn't interfere with your sleep but it makes you feel more awake in the morning?

• Someone say NALGAS?

OK, two nalgas comin up!

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I would not be here today if it was not for the caffeine.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't know that you have to take it at night to feel more up in the mornings - he just happened to do it that way. It is good for higher energy overall. Not being a medical professional, my guess is that it has to be absorbed by the body first and that would account for how he feels the morning after.

Apparently you can get shots of the stuff, too, for a real boost.

• I don't know that you have to take it at night to feel more up in the mornings - he just happened to do it that way. It is good for higher energy overall. Not being a medical professional, my guess is that it has to be absorbed by the body first and that would account for how he feels the morning after.

Apparently you can get shots of the stuff, too, for a real boost.

I'm gonna try that. If it's good enough for Man, it's good enough for me...

• i gotta have my diet rockstar in the morning, also probably the reason i've been having trouble sleeping at night

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I just went for a nice walk and a big lunch but alas, I'm STILL geeked up.

LAME.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Yall have the potential to mess up your pooping routines.

or "scoots" as shig likes to say

• I've been researching this as well. From what I've read, a mix of B vitamins, high grade Omega 3, and Linseed oil can do wonders for energy/concentration and mood. Just haven't had time to get to Costco stock up. Any other way and this shit is wildly expensive.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I've been researching this as well. From what I've read, a mix of B vitamins, high grade Omega 3, and Linseed oil can do wonders for energy/concentration and mood. Just haven't had time to get to Costco stock up. Any other way and this shit is wildly expensive.

I've heard meth does wonders in the morning too.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I've been researching this as well. From what I've read, a mix of B vitamins, high grade Omega 3, and Linseed oil can do wonders for energy/concentration and mood. Just haven't had time to get to Costco stock up. Any other way and this shit is wildly expensive.

I've heard meth does wonders in the morning too.

• Yall have the potential to mess up your pooping routines.

www.drnatura.com

my poop game is on lock son