classic movies that defined your young life

Comments

• I thought dude putting the soda cans in the pillowcase and beating the fuck outta Viking and Tweety with it was the coolest fucking thing I had ever seen.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Bladerunner
    Star Wars Trilogy
    Aliens
    Good/Bad/Ugly
    Amerika (Kristofferson mini-series on TV)
    Jacob's Ladder
    New Jack City
    King of New York
    Boy and his Dog
    Road Warrior
    Night of the Lepus

• "hey scumbag..."
    what a movie....

so many quotables its unbelievable

• Amerika (Kristofferson mini-series on TV)
    Boy and his Dog
    Night of the Lepus

what are those about?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Amerika (Kristofferson mini-series on TV)
    Boy and his Dog
    Night of the Lepus

what are those about?

Amerika was this mid-80's TV miniseries about the USSR taking over America and the aftermath. Pretty interesting, much deeper than Red Dawn or anything else of this WWIII-type of stuff.

Boy and his Dog is a really bad Don Johnson movie where he can talk telepathically to his dog in a post-apocalyptic world. Real bad movie, just the way I like them.

Night of the Lepus is another really bad movie about irradiated rabbits that grow to the size of houses, become carnivores and wreak havoc. DeForrest Kelley from Star Trek was in it, and was blocked from distribution by him because its so bad.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I saw someone posted "RAD" and had to put this scene in..

Bicycle Boogie:)

So fresh.

• I saw someone posted "RAD" and had to put this scene in..

Bicycle Boogie:)

So fresh.

a painful viewing

• forgot about this one :

drugs and drinking led me into situations like what my man goes through in this movie. for some reason, this fascinated me even when i was real young. Great movie that really stuck with me.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    hahahaha

a painful viewing

yeah, but Bicycle Boogie has special place in my heart, even though it's mad core-nay!

But I see eye to eye with you and Strange Brew...That was My first avatar.

"Jelly Doughnut Comin'!!"

But anything "sctv" related was just just hilarious..

Another one and to a certain degree & It holds it's weight is

"Going Berzerk"

John Candy,Eugene Levy, and Joe Flaherty kill it in this movie.

This scene below is just classic:

Kung Fu U : A Salvatore Di Pasquale Prodution:

• my dad had a bunch of marx brothers tapes and Duck Soup was in heavy rotation when i was 10-12. still love them to this day.

• I thought dude putting the soda cans in the pillowcase and beating the fuck outta Viking and Tweety with it was the coolest fucking thing I had ever seen.

I love Bad Boys!!!! I also liked watching "over the edge" with Matt Dillon and "Angels in the Outfield" is a big childhood hit with me.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    "hey scumbag..."
    what a movie....

Are you referring to Just One Of The Guys?

GOOD LOOKS on Christmas Story.....
    Fraj-ee-lay.......must be Italian.

I can go all day with those two alone...but for the rest that shaped a young man:

First and Foremost:

*that's why they call me Woimsah....

for those not fucking with this......fuck you

think that one goes without explanation...

young hanks will always be a beast

you're a shitheel! a no good dirty rotten shitheel!

picture me rolling....COMPLIANCE!

PS...is gramma still farting?
    a postcard, eh????

not to get too dramatic - but still the absolute best movie of all time - IMO

there's some asshole on here who said that Zoolander's a better movie than that one........holy moly toilet bowly.

is this movie in 3-D? not but your face is!

No more MTV. No more twisted sister.

Don't call me retardo.

that shit's from 1989? doesn't it seem like that's from 5 years earlier?

7:30!!!!!!!!!!!

that old real shit!!

damn there's so many.....I could go on and on.....this list is random enough though...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Up in Smoke
    Blues Bros
    Fletch
    Fox & the Hound

is that benicio

• hell no... Paco Moreno

• 1. the apple dumpling gang.
    2. charlie and the chocolate factory.
    3. animal house.
    4. blazing saddles.
    5. close encounters.
    6. pippi longstockings(the 1969 version).
    7. national lampoons vacation.
    8. the empire strikes back.
    9. trading places.
    10. apocalypse now.

peace, stein. . .

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Blues Brothers

Army of Darkness

• Army of Darkness

evil dead 2! has anyone seen the bruce campbell old spice commercial? hilarious counterpoint to the axe body spray commercials!

edit:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    agh.. don't you hate when you type out a long post, and then you post an image and it all goes to shit.

with that said, good thread and it'll give me some cool stuff to look for at the video store. I was a huge movie nerd as a kid, and one of my favorite actors was DANNY KAYE.

He honestly was one of the most mindblowing performers i've seen. He doesn't get much shine or respect anymore, but he was incredible. Nothing reminds me of him except for when Animaniacs came out Yakko was a bit reminiscent. However Danny Kaye did everything live. ()

The Secret life of Walter Mitty.

Fellini's Satyricon

I wish more movies were like this one. Incoherent, Dreamlike, Ridiculous. I literally watch this movie now and feel the same way I did when I was a child.

The good the bad and the ugly.

I still get goosebumps with this one. That showdown seen still blows my mind I remember thinking that movies would never be better then this movie.

Enter the Dragon

My favorite movie of all time to this day. Bruce lee's movies fascinate me like no other. This one is the one I wish I could be in. Everything from the soundtrack to the scenario, I can literally word for word playback every scene in my head. Just some exploitation goodness that delivers 100%.

These are some of the movies that literally make everything I watch now feel so bad.

- spidey

is that benicio

No, Paco Moreno was played by Esai Morales

remember, he played Richie Valens' drunk-ass fuck-up of a brother in "La Bamba"

• Selena
    I cried during the "Jennifer Lopez doing yardwork in spandex" scene. That profile with her ass all like BLADOW!! was like watching the sunrise after Jesus lightly touched my blind eyes. I get choked up just thinking about it.

We watched this in my high school spanish class, and the teacher made a comment about how she thought that is how women should really look. I think all of the guys in the class were in agreement.

• "hey scumbag..."
    what a movie....

Are you referring to Just One Of The Guys?

nope..."hey scumbag" is vikings line when he taps O'Brien on the shoulder.

somewhat lost in translation, but the scene still works

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Stand outs are

I begged my parents to take me to see it and I was so uncomfortable during the nudity that I just stared into the bottom of the popcorn box. My parents were totally enjoying my discomfort.

Can't find an image for it, but the 1978 version of Jacob Two Two Meets the Hooded Fang.

Also Friday the 13th, Halloween, Saturday Night Fever, The Exorcist, Breakin, Wild Style, Fame, Poltergeist and the John Hughes teen canon.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    goonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the adventure i was always searchin' for as a kid.
    Realest Strut talk ever.

You gotta play the bones...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah, how could I forget this one...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

• When I was finished watching RAD (which was rented by my brother and I on a weekly basis for some time ... "why don't we just rent Rad again? It's the best f*ckin' movie there is!") I moved on to:

• Great thread!

Here's some of the joints that helped warp my fragile young mind:

In no particular order>>>
    1.GET CRAZY[/b]

Man, I can't even remember how I got hip to this insane flick but so glad I did. Malcolm McDowell, PJ Soles, Ed Begley Jr., Lee Ving from FEAR, John Densmore, Lou Reed.... the list goes on and on.

The Legendary Saturn Theater's (filmed at the Wiltern in LA)lease is up and they need money to keep it open, or else it's getting torn down and turned into a huge monolithic skyscraper to house Colin Beverly's soulless major record label. So in a last ditch effort t save the landmark concert venue, they throw one big, drug-fueled bash to bring in the cash. Problem is, Beverly will stop at nothing to sabotage the show. From there on in, it's basically an hour and a half of nudity, drug use, badass rock & roll and all-out hilarity. Not an easy one to find but worth tracking down.

2.RUMBLE FISH[/b]

Forgotten gem from Francis Ford Coppola starring Matt Dillon, Nicolas Cage, Diane Lane, Dennis Hopper, Laurence Fishburne, Chris Penn, Mickey Rourke and Tom Waits.

Recently got this on DVD and was stoked until I got about halfway through and realized it hadn't aged very well and would have served me better as the cool memory I had upon first seeing it. A young Diane Lane looks super fine, Mickey Rourke's Motorcycle Boy character is good as well. Matt Dillon had a knack for playing the dumb street thug. Actually, everyone's performances were good but the movie lacked depth. The weakest and most disappointing aspect was the score composed by Stewart Copeland and Wall of Voodoo's Stan Ridgway. Music too bright and optimistic. A stark contrast to the gritty storyline and black & white imagery. It's as though they took music from a different movie and plugged it into this one. Again, I had a way better experience with this film as a kid.

3.the WARRIORS[/b]

No need for an intro to this B-Movie classic. Coney Island's baddest boppers run, duck, dodge and rumble all the way home trying to clear their name after getting framed for Cyrus' murder, blahblahblah we all know how it goes. Great imagery, characters, fight scenes, etc. This movie delivers in spades! The Turbo ACs, the Baseball Furies, the Orphans, the Lizzies and the Rogues. Shit, even the video game is badass! Still holds up to repeat viewings but in reality Swan (looks & acts all kinds of effeminate), Cowboy, Rembrandt and Fox probably couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. But hey, you gotta suspend disbelief sometimes, right? Me & the kids in my hood all started a gang called (you guessed it) the Warriors the day after we saw this shit on network TV. We never got into gang fights or any ill shit like that cause our parents would beat the living shit out of us. But it was fun to pretend that we had our own turf. This flick definitely captured my imagination in a way that few other movies ever had before.

4.Over the Edge[/b]

One of my favorite flicks from my childhood. Also, the first time I heard Van Halen and Cheap Trick. Pivotal moment in my musical development. The totally heavy handed drug use by these kids is hilarious and the scene where they trash the school and kill the asshole cop is classic shit!

Some fun facts about this flick from IMDB
    * Charles S. Haas based his story on true events which occurred in the planned community of Foster City, California in the early 1970s. In fact, a California headline about the incident, "Mouse Packs: Kids On A Crime Spree", was authored by Haas when he was a reporter with the San Francisco Examiner.
    * Originally completed in 1979, the movie was not released until two years later when it was run on HBO. At the time, the studio thought the movie was too controversial and feared that it would spark violence, which apparently occurred with the film The Warriors (1979).
    * Tip and Tip's mother are played by Eric Lalich and Irene Lalich, who are mother and son in real life.
    * 'Matt Dillon' didn't actually want or expect to be cast in the movie. He went to the audition just so he could skip school.
    * 'Matt Dillon' 's first movie.
    * The original title of the movie was "On the Edge".
    * Was one of the main inspirations for Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' music video.
    * After the film's successful run on HBO in 1981, it was selected for a special two-week engagement at Joseph Papp's Public Theater in New York in December 1981. The response was so positive that the film was booked for regular engagements in several New York theaters the following February.

5.UP IN SMOKE[/b]

My favorite Cheech and Chong flick, hands down. Way too many funny scenes to mention. Besides, I'm sure you've all seen this one a million times. "Earache my Eye" is no fuckin joke! The "Mexican Americans & Beaners" scene is awesome too.

6.STRIPES[/b]

My first exposure to the comic genius of Bill Murray. This shit had me rolling! The latter part part of the film after they graduate kinda falls flat but the first half is non-stop funny. One of my favorite flicks as a kid.

7.THE JERK[/b]

My first exposure to the comic genius of Steve Martin. Also, Bernadette Peters looks pretty tasty in this one. This shit is still funny, will probably always be funny. Easily the most hilarious shit I had seen up to that point. They just don't make em like this anymore...

8.ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13[/b]

My first introduction to Grindhouse cinema via the sickly blue rays of late-night tv. I dunno if this John Carpenter's first flick but it was RAW, action-packed and violent. The remake is pure trash. Seek out the OG for bad dialogue, lotsa fake blood and cool action scenes. A bonafide grindhouse classic!

9.HALLOWEEN[/b]

While we're on the subject of John Carpenter flicks, this is the first movie to scare the living shit outta me as a kid. Again, no need to expound upon the virtues of this horror classic. Donald Pleasance overacting at every given turn, Jamie Lee Curtis brilliantly keeping you at the edge of your seat as she almost gets caught again and again. And of course, one of the baddest onscreen boogeymen ever to wear a William Shatner mask, Michael Myers. This one also still holds up pretty well.

10.THE SHINING[/b]

OK, I saw this when I was too young and as a result, it gave me nightmares for a few weeks. I still watch it and get a lil shook up. Easily one of the scariest movies ever made. You've all seen it, no need to go into detail. Too many horrifying and straight-up nighmarish scenes to mention. A sensory overload of horror and suspense.

HONORABLE MENTIONS[/b]

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

always will be my favorite.

and My mom always told my I looked like this in the morning as a young girl...lol