F*CK THIS HEAT (socal related)

2»

Comments

• dude all I'm seeing in SoCal on the news is high 80's. the fuck y'all whining about?

• dude all I'm seeing in SoCal on the news is high 80's. the fuck y'all whining about?

Yeah, I checked weather.com yesterday and couldn't beleive it. Shit said 84, when the thermometer said 104. Thing is, if they are measuring down by the airport, where it is a lot cooler from the breeze then yeah, MAYBE it was 84. But my house was 20 degrees hotter. Not that you would know what heat is, bayface.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    naw man, the weekend was a nightmare, especially for SD, which is pretty much 72 all year round. It was hitting around 97 for a high in most not-right-at-the-coast spots, and the humidity gave us a heat index of 108 or so. It was disgustingly hot. The thermometer in the hallway of my building was reading 104 on Saturday night at about 9pm.
    Today is nothing though, 80-something... I think the worst is behind us, but after a week of that crap, I can see why people are still complaining.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

ARE OUR RECORDS SAFE??!!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I work in North Park and the power kept dropping out for 3 seconds at a time. I gave up on getting anything accomplished which was nice. I didn't hear about the riots.

Where in North Park?

Well I live in North Park (thank god for AC) but I teach in Linda Vista and we are in an old building with no AC and a few hundred sweaty teenagers. It was miserable. I am taking a medicine that makes me extra sweaty and I feel like I'm going through menopause or something, very embarrassing, walking around dabbing my forehead like an old crazy lady- SUCKS.

• I heard people were fighting for broke ass floor model AC units at the store this weekend. I couldn't hardly stay in the house. fuck having no AC. running every fan we own in one room and it does nothing. Even the cats were panting, and cats don't pant.

fucking miserable. I was actually glad to go back to work today where I wont' break a sweat by sitting. I miss warm showers.

Damn you don't have an AC in your house???

• temps reached a sweltering 78 degrees in san luis obispo today.

• today seems to have leveled off, but SD has been stupid hot. i hail from the MidWest-Coast and definitely haven't been missing that humidity since i've been in Cali. but DAMN this was ridiculous for what i know of the SD norm.

the AC in the saturday joint i play at became pretty useless as of about 50 people being there. ugh.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The weather here in the northeast is just fucking perfect. 80s... sunny.. no humidity.. and a nice breeze.

It was beautiful up in Connecticut on Sunday, and even in Rockland County (NY) on Monday (in-law cookout-related). I'm lovin' it here back East.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bayface.

I like that.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    67 F in Seattle. Partly cloudy. Walked home from work. Very nice.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    dude all I'm seeing in SoCal on the news is high 80's. the fuck y'all whining about?

yeah, 80's, inside my house with the a/c on full blast maybe. Definitely not outside. It's been like 104 around here for 4 days straight and I'm in fuckin Glendale, it's been like 109 in the valley.

yeah, 80's, inside my house with the a/c on full blast maybe. Definitely not outside. It's been like 104 around here for 4 days straight and I'm in fuckin Glendale, it's been like 109 in the valley.

All you Southern California foolios* are a buncha crybabyfaces. 104 ain't shit!

*Except for Day, he stays smiling while his balls sweat like nothing else. Just the other day he was telling me how much he loves that Moist feelin' in his drawers!

• [Just the other day he was telling me how much he loves King Moist feelin' in his drawers!

Umm...that was implied, hoLmes. That's why I capitalized the M!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I will say fuck this humidity tho. I can't wait to get out of here at the end of the week.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    SD is supposed to be much cooler as of tomorrow. Buy your AC in winter and your heaters in summer.

• 72 now in long beach... for the rest of the week...

77?? F | 66?? F
    25?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    77?? F | 66?? F
    25?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    77?? F | 68?? F
    25?? C | 20?? C

[Clear]
    79?? F | 67?? F
    26?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    79?? F | 66?? F
    26?? C | 19?? C

The coast is where it's at.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    72 now in long beach... for the rest of the week...

77?? F | 66?? F
    25?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    77?? F | 66?? F
    25?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    77?? F | 68?? F
    25?? C | 20?? C

[Clear]
    79?? F | 67?? F
    26?? C | 19?? C

[Clear]
    79?? F | 66?? F
    26?? C | 19?? C

The coast is where it's at.

Thank god. CSULB turned off some of the air-con in the classrooms this morning to save power.

• Well I finally got some AC units from Lake Elsinore last night, installed one, let the neighbor have the other because she's afraid her cats will die.

And now look. Cloudy and cool outside. I knew that would happen. oh well, I'm not complaining (anymore)!

I don't remember ever getting a heat wave this bad in SD, not even when we had the fires....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Power went out around midnight last night. It was probably around 90 degrees or so outside and I was a little worried about having to take everyone out of the house, but it came back on after about 30 minutes.

I don't give a shit how hot it gets, just don't kill the electricity.
    That's when people start dying for real out here.

They think at least 25 people died related to the heat in SoCsl.