ROADHOUSE APPRECIATION

DongerDonger 854 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
As terrible as this movie is, everytime I come across it on cable I feel compelled to watch it."Left Boot, Knife"

Comments

• i feel your pain. this movie is so bad it's good.

plus, i love john doe.

• a friend of mine was driving the same car Swayze drives in Roadhouse for ages, forget what it was, a 1984 v8 mercedes or something. It was the first thing he would always tell people when he first met them. It ended up costing him a fortune in repairs so he sold it.

• a friend of mine was driving the same car Swayze drives in Roadhouse for ages, forget what it was, a 1984 v8 mercedes or something.

are you sure that wasn't jon voight's car? was it a le baron?

• I'll hit my mate up and get back to you with specifics.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I'm one of the few who have never seen this movie, but I think those who dig it would be interested in this.... http://www.rifftrax.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=42 . You can download MP3 commentary from the main writers/puppeteers of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I miss the days when they used to skew obscure B-movies, but it's good for a cheap laugh.

• Right, he's claiming its an 84 merc like i said. Now the last time i watched the movie was in 1993 on free to air during what I would still consider to be the most profound lsd experience of my life. Fuck the walls breathing and shit, I was seeing full blown little people walking around, climbing over the furniture n shit. I was awake tripping for three days. I was getting clowned cos I was so out of it I kept asking who Patrick Swayze was. So I can't speak from remembering the movie at all, i'm just throwing it out there. He's probably talking out of his arse.

If anyone finds themselves in a similar cinematic automotive quandary, I chanced upon the Internet Movie Car Database.

• Swazey has two cars in the movie. He has a Mercedes which he keeps under a cover in the barn where he lives, and the old car which he buys when he arrives in town. In the scene when he first arrived at the Double Duce he is driving the Mercedes. BTW I love this movie and watched it on Spike over the weekend. So many classic one liners.

"Pain don't Hurt."

"Be nice"

"Nobody ever wins a fight."

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Comcast had the nerve to give this and Billy Madison one star.

• Dalton and Wade Garrett are the top bouncing team in the world. I would hire them for my establishment if shit got out of hand.

No one can front on this movie, especially because Ben Gazarra is in this shit.

• Dalton and Wade Garrett are the top bouncing team in the world. I would hire them for my establishment if shit got out of hand.

No one can front on this movie, especially because Ben Gazarra is in this shit.

Ben Gazzara's old ass as the villain is kinda hard to believe. Cool to see Jon Doe in this flick though and Kelly Lynch with the tan, blonde hair and glasses is

• this is a longtime favorite of mine.

It's got all the right elements for an impressionable teenager.

Fighting
    Ladies
    broom closet humping
    and a blind guitar player

• Not to mention layers upon layers of psychological drama. For instance, there's that guy who's deathly afraid of bears. What was up with that? Maybe a tramatic experience as a youngster?

• Not to mention layers upon layers of psychological drama. For instance, there's that guy who's deathly afraid of bears. What was up with that? Maybe a tramatic experience as a youngster?

And let us not forget the homoerotic subtext of the fight to the death between Dalton and Gazzara's main henchman. "I used to fuck guys like you in prison."

• "pain don't hurt"

• "Your gonna be my saturday night special!!!"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What the Blind Caucasoid Blues singer doin these days?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Can never pass up watching this. The wrangler booted Sloan brother sidekick by the lake is the visual climax of this testosterone fueled gem.

The ending is so surreal like fucking Scooby Doo, or something.
    The guy goes "A Polar Bear fell on me!"