WALE - yay or nay?

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I say yay.This is from dude's 100 Miles and Running mixtape (mixed by the one Catchdubs). The beat is fucking reediculous.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That beat is dope.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hesitant yay. We'll see if this lasts more than 15 minutes. It's good, but nothing of his has quite convinced me yet. Way better than this Kanye trash everyone is loving though.

• I got bored with that mix rather fast. The OG "Good Girls" gets regular spins from me, though.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    look at his bomb hatt. his brain must be huge.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i like that mix but i can't really listen to it more than once in a row for some reason. dude is definitely talented and i can see him putting out some great music

• Nay. He's just boring to me-- zero charisma.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I say yay.

This is from dude's 100 Miles and Running mixtape (mixed by the one Catchdubs).
    The beat is fucking reediculous.

That mixtape's pretty damn good. I've been playing out that version of Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." off it, and it's going down well. I vote "yay".

Incidentally, that beat is "Dirty Harry" by Gorillaz, done by the one Dangermouse...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I was hoping this was gonna be about Wale Oyejide

• yay

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yay!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I say yay.

This is from dude's 100 Miles and Running mixtape (mixed by the one Catchdubs).
    The beat is fucking reediculous.

That mixtape's pretty damn good. I've been playing out that version of Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." off it, and it's going down well. I vote "yay".

Incidentally, that beat is "Dirty Harry" by Gorillaz, done by the one Dangermouse...

Are you sure that's just the straight instrumental? It sounded different to me last night.

*Hahaha just listened to it and damn I feel stupid. I was thinking Dirty Harry = Clint Eastwood (how man songs do those fools have about dude?) I never really listened to the Gorillaz tho, so what can I say.

• I dig him...i mean shoot, I dig him enough to post "YAY". yoamingstra?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Big yay from me. I mean - he's not the ebest MC in the world or anything....but even if I thought all his music blew - I'd still like him as it doesn't sound like anything else. Love that he's throwing mad go go in his music....Good Girls is like a dope stripped down Neptunes remix. And doesn't have charisma?? I think that's one of the main thing he's going.

Not feeling the wave of the allover print rapper - but he's good to go IMO.

• yay

I like "Payback" off that mixtape, been playin out the dj edit version.

• What was the song that he had over the Go-Go sample?

I liked that.

• here's Wale's 100 Miles and Running mixtape

http://www.zshare.net/download/2652561edde1f9/

here's a bunch of individual, Microwave-ready tracks from it (some clean versions for radio as well)

http://www.zshare.net/download/28641328af16af/

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    who is that?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    oh we aren't talking about this?

...we should be talking about this!