whats the best town for diggin in poland

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
let me know.fred

Comments

• radrad 51 Posts
    Krakow and Warsaw i think. But if you are planning holiday choose Krakow, Warsaw is ugly as hell.

I can show you top spots here and show you around Krakow.
    Trades are also possible.

Let me know if you need any information.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Whatup Rad? Hope all is good! Hope to be back soon, otherwise u come here again asap...still got rekkidz for you

• radrad 51 Posts
    Hi Philip, all is good. im gonna be in dusseldorf/maastricht next month. hope we gonna have beer together.

• hey, i'm gonna be in warsaw friday and saturday nights, and in krakow the following tuesday through thursday nights. any tips??? never been to either one. will be with family...

m

• If the weather is nice in Krakow, you will find little book fairs all over...they usually have a few crates of records, also there are some crates at the bus station. The one used shop in Krakow, Hi-Fidelity, has some stuff...however since they went from the zloty to the euro, I have heard the prices skyrocketed. I was lucky and got my Grupa ABCs, Novi Singers, Neimens, etc for a dolar or two each...it aint like that anymore unfortunately. Also, it is a little bit of a trip on the tram, but in nice weather there is usally a flea market type of situation in Nowa Huta(sp?) as well, but it might be a gamble of time.

• thanks!

• radrad 51 Posts
    If the weather is nice in Krakow, you will find little book fairs all over...they usually have a few crates of records, also there are some crates at the bus station. The one used shop in Krakow, Hi-Fidelity, has some stuff...however since they went from the zloty to the euro, I have heard the prices skyrocketed. I was lucky and got my Grupa ABCs, Novi Singers, Neimens, etc for a dolar or two each...it aint like that anymore unfortunately. Also, it is a little bit of a trip on the tram, but in nice weather there is usally a flea market type of situation in Nowa Huta(sp?) as well, but it might be a gamble of time.

Its not that bad as you said.
    And WE STILL HAVE ZLOTY not euro.

2 months ago my friend found 3 copies of STRING BEAT for $1 each.

Today i bought urbaniak, namyslowski etc. never played for 3 euros each.

• If the weather is nice in Krakow, you will find little book fairs all over...they usually have a few crates of records, also there are some crates at the bus station. The one used shop in Krakow, Hi-Fidelity, has some stuff...however since they went from the zloty to the euro, I have heard the prices skyrocketed. I was lucky and got my Grupa ABCs, Novi Singers, Neimens, etc for a dolar or two each...it aint like that anymore unfortunately. Also, it is a little bit of a trip on the tram, but in nice weather there is usally a flea market type of situation in Nowa Huta(sp?) as well, but it might be a gamble of time.

Its not that bad as you said.
    And WE STILL HAVE ZLOTY not euro.

2 months ago my friend found 3 copies of STRING BEAT for $1 each.

Today i bought urbaniak, namyslowski etc. never played for 3 euros each.

really? I thought when you guys got into the EU you went to the euro...sorry for spreading wrong info. So what is the zloty/dollar exchange rate now? When I was in Poland it was 4 zloty to the dollar..so finding records for 1 to 8 zloty was the norm for used stuff.

• radrad 51 Posts
    mrfinewine: PM sent

• radrad 51 Posts
    Right now is like 2,80 zloty to 1 dollar and 3,80 zl to 1 euro.

4 years ago was diffrent situation because everybody wanted to have polish jazz series and nobody was looking for stuff like grupa abc so jazz was expensive and the rest was cheap. Right now jazz is cheap and the rest is expensive

• radrad 51 Posts
    by expensive i mean 15 dollars.

• are there an recods in gorzow wielkopolski?

• radrad 51 Posts
    are there an recods in gorzow wielkopolski?

I think its gonna be hard to find any records there but i dont know i have never been there. From my experience i know that the smaller the town the bigger the problem especially here, in poland.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Hi Philip, all is good. im gonna be in dusseldorf/maastricht next month. hope we gonna have beer together.

Mos Def! Bring one of those String Beat LP's for trade