HEY MICHIGAN

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• As we'd say in Madison, "Ann Arbor is a whore."

• Possibly the biggest upset in college football history ever. Notable that Appy State gave up their lead at the end but got it back. Blocked the winning FG attempt. Big Blue got done BAD. And I kinda love it. OVER-RATED.

• bwahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

• i live in ann arbor, but don't really follow the football team, and thus didn't even know that there was a game today.

i guess i was at the local supermarket when the game ended, as a sad voice suddenly came over the intercom to announce, "attention kroger shoppers: the mighigan football team has lost."

• Indeed that was a brutal loss. This, however, is SoulStrut, and at the end of the day I'm not that mad, because I have better records than all of you.

Yeah, that just happened.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Indeed that was a brutal loss. This, however, is SoulStrut, and at the end of the day I'm not that mad, because I have better records than all of you.

Their season is effectively over....more time to listen to those records!!

• Indeed that was a brutal loss. This, however, is SoulStrut, and at the end of the day I'm not that mad, because I have better records than all of you.

Their season is effectively over....more time to listen to those records!!

Why would I listen to them? It's enough just knowing that I have them.

• No; it's enough telling us you have them.

See you at the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

• No; it's enough telling us you have them.

Yeah, it felt pretty good. You know, it's like the ultimate record forum trump card. I'm just glad I was able to score the zing before R*ch chimed in.

See you at the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

Indiana Basin Silt won't know what hit 'em.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Of course they play Oregon next week. Great, like we needed them to be any more motivated. Michgan 47-Oregon 10.

• MORE OVERRATED TEAMS = UT LONGHORNS

Let's see...you were favored by 39 and couldn't barely beat the #3 or #4 in the Sun Belt by one score? Please get this fraud of a team out of the top 10. Get ready for another Holiday Bowl!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    CAL > VOLS.

FINALLY.

Roll on you Bears!

Roooooooossssssse Bowl....(pretty please? For once in my natural frickin' life?)

(Plus Stanfurd got put on smash by the Bruins. A good day).

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    CAL > VOLS.

FINALLY.

Roll on you Bears!

Roooooooossssssse Bowl....(pretty please? For once in my natural frickin' life?)

(Plus Stanfurd got put on smash by the Bruins. A good day).

YES. Seeing the Tenessee fans trying to use BART last night was pretty hilarious. Sea of orange bewilderment. Cal was jumping the fuck off last night on frat row, made me remember why I don't go there, and what the typical big school college experience is like. Not down with the dumb freshmen, and definately not down with some dude getting stomped in front of a frat and ambulances coming.

Rose Bowl = hinges on beating USC, as it does pretty much every year. Cal's got as good a shot as anyone, the new freshman runningback from Vallejo is a beast. This game was really a joke for Cal's secondary though, cause the Vols don't have any decent recievers really. USC will be the test.

That Michigan game was ridiculous. They're gonna be talking about that loss for a looooong time in Ann Arbor.

• A good day

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Of course they play Oregon next week. Great, like we needed them to be any more motivated. Michgan 47-Oregon 10.

I know damn, playing in the Big House against an extremely motivated Michigan.
    I cry, I'll watch but I'll cry.

Rose Bowl = hinges on beating USC, as it does pretty much every year. Cal's got as good a shot as anyone, the new freshman runningback from Vallejo is a beast.

And let's not forget (to quote Show and AG):

"DeSean is NICE"

Sheeyit man, I remember when making the Rose Bowl hinged on beating Washington. 1991 = heartbreaker.

That Michigan game was ridiculous. They're gonna be talking about that loss for a looooong time in Ann Arbor.

The 4th quarter looked insane.

Rose Bowl = hinges on beating USC, as it does pretty much every year. Cal's got as good a shot as anyone, the new freshman runningback from Vallejo is a beast.

If I was a Cal fan I wouldn't look past Oregon, you're playing in Eugene and
    the Ducks are looking for some payback for last years spanking in Berkeley.

any game.

Cal's capacity to disappoint is not to be trifled with.

any game.

Cal's capacity to disappoint is not to be trifled with.

Good point. I feel your pain, being a Duck fan since birth, I've had more than my share of
    disapointments. The 80's were especially brutal.
    Anyone ever see a 0-0 tie, I have.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Severe late pass on this one.

Holee fuck... this give me hope for my Nittany Lions.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I don't follow college football that much, besides background entertainment during the weekends, so can someone explain how this kind of ranking system works after a single (albeit "big") loss?

The Sporting News

Thud!

The final fallout from a disastrous opening weekend for Michigan came Tuesday, when the Wolverines dropped all the way out of The Associated Press Top 25, an unprecedented fall from No. 5 to unranked.

Since the AP poll expanded to 25 teams in 1989, no team has taken a bigger tumble in one week.

(read more)

• Basically, if you get as hard as Mich did, you get played in the rankings. That is my layman's interpretation, anyway.

• Basically, if you get as hard as Mich did, you get played in the rankings. That is my layman's interpretation, anyway.

Yup. An unprecedented shift befitting an unprecedented loss.

So, in terms of rankings, there's absolutely no excuse for losing to a bad (or unranked) team, unlike professional ball. Especially given how few games you play during a season. Rugged.

• So, in terms of rankings, there's absolutely no excuse for losing to a bad (or unranked) team, unlike professional ball. Especially given how few games you play during a season. Rugged.

You have to realize, Appy State plays in a whole 'nother division then Michigan. Like, there's 120-some-odd teams in I-A (Bowl Subdivision) and then you get to Appy State's division I-AA (Championship Subdivision). No I-AA team had ever beaten a ranked I-A team like that. And college football is not like college basketball where you see crazy upsets. When the teams are comprised of 90 people, the talent usually always wins out. It was truly a landmark game. If Michigan had merely gotten upset by say, a Sun Belt team, the fallout wouldn't have been as bad. Prior to the game, Michigan was getting bagged on for even have the temerity to schedule a team like Appalachian.

That QB for Appalachian is CUTTY. Armanti Edwards.

• 1. The big house, much like UM, is overrated. I can think of at least 3 other B10 stadiums more intimidating.

2. Lloyd Carr needs TO GO!

3. Whats amazing here is the recruiting differences between these two schools. This games goes to show you that sometimes it really doesn't come down to talent but coaching and execution.

Nice win.

• 1. The big house, much like UM, is overrated. I can think of at least 3 other B10 stadiums more intimidating.

What are your top 3 Big Ten stadiums?

Camp Randall, The Horse Shoe, and The Big House are my top three.

• Severe late pass on this one.

Holee fuck... this give me hope for my Nittany Lions.

I'm a Michigan fan, this loss was a fucking joke. The entire Big Ten looks bad from this.
    Penn State should win by 10 or so when they meet.
    Carr needs to be put down like an old arthritic dog.

Damn, AND they're loosing right now to Oregon 32 - 7 at the half.