grand theft auto VICE CITY

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i mean like c'mon. i was going through my dvds cuz i'm slightly buzzed and wanted to watch a movie that i could just relax to, and discovered my pc version of grand theft auto vice city that i haven't played in like 3 years. if you've ever played this game, words cant express how grateful u need to be towards computer programmers. i popped it in and godamn its so fun. i'd insert the get-on-my-level dude here...but i decided against that. nah fuck it... that's right. get-on-my-level- times infinity. anytime u can get 4 stars on the screen of pigs chasing you and last quite a few minutes, u know its entertaining! i still dont understand why they got the pigs in diablos... this thing is is the most engrossing thing ever...beyond utube. the soundtrackthe bikesthe cheatsthe soundtrackplus i believe it was the first gta pc version to let u play your own mp3s. i was just cruising to the mp3 station with that song that goes "play with fire...you'l get burned...but you'l live, and you'l learnnnn.." its trippy driving in artifical intelligence to a soundtrack u made years ago. i'm about to purchase me a sex doll off ebay, and sign off on this life. random fact discussing sex dolls...there's a movie of some dude that purchases a sex doll and has a relationship with it...what the fuck is that about...oh and its the dude from break high, ryan something...but for real, who knows what this is about?ps: i never played san andreas. am i missing much? vice city seems the ultimate in vicariously being badassed.ps: what y'all drinking?

Comments

• A glass of Breast MILK!!

• can i get any grand theft auto games for the dreamcast? i don't have a current system. i saw a commercial for this and phil collins and phillip bailey "easy lover" was the soundtrack. and i wanted to play it so bad. tmi

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    can i get any grand theft auto games for the dreamcast? i don't have a current system. i saw a commercial for this and phil collins and phillip bailey "easy lover" was the soundtrack. and i wanted to play it so bad. tmi

lol @ dreamcast

please to step it up to like 8 years ago and cop a ps2 at least! they gotta be like 90 bucks now

• lol @ dreamcast

please to step it up to like 8 years ago and cop a ps2 at least! they gotta be like 90 bucks now

i'm intimidated by new video games. they take too much time

• aww dizzle,
    I stepped it up to a PS2. I was rocking the PS1 and a Nintendo up until last X-mas. I bought the PS2 because Oakley licensed one of my songs and it was supposedly in an ad that was in a Tony Hawk game. I still haven't seen it in the game, but the PS2 is fun and yes it's cheap.

You should go to the game store in Stonestown. I forget the name of it, but it's at the end of the mall near one of those jersey/shoes stores. I bought a bunch of PS2 games in the discount bin. I got this Socomm 2 Navy Seals game for $4. It's great. I've been creeping around sniping people. I got NBA LIve and Madden for like $4 and $5. They sell refurbished and used PS2's there for about $80. I bought mine brand new for $129.

Vice City is fun and the soundtrack is amazing. Mr Magic actually does a readio show on the game. My one complaint is fuck these games like Vice City that only let you save at certain points. It's fucking obnoxious when you don't beat a challenge and you have to run through 10 minutes of the lead up shit every time in order to try it again. Just let me save it right before the challenge so I don't have to drive around and do all that same shit again. Is there a cheat for that?

I suck at these games, but it's still fun.

Most games are still made for PS2, so when you hear about the hot new titles you can probably get most of them on PS2. It's worth the upgrade.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Brownie points, on the drunken ramblings..

GTA Liberty City's good as well.

GTA Vice City is gooder than good.

San Andreas, takes a step up, planes, BMX's, early 90s west coast gangstas,

There's a new GTA coming out soon, was meant to be this Xmas but it's delayed.
    It's set back in New York, and from looks of this trailer , it looks pretty special.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    can i get any grand theft auto games for the dreamcast? i don't have a current system. i saw a commercial for this and phil collins and phillip bailey "easy lover" was the soundtrack. and i wanted to play it so bad. tmi

lol @ dreamcast

I still have a Dreamcast. I swiped it from my old job when they laid everybody off. It was the super-new illmatic shit at the time. I still play the Sega basketball game. And I still have an N64 so I can play GoldenEye and Mario Kart 64. PS2 is probably about as advanced as I'm gonna get. I'd rather get an NES than a PS3. And the Genesis thread makes me wish I had one of those, too.

• aww dizzle,
    I stepped it up to a PS2. I was rocking the PS1 and a Nintendo up until last X-mas. I bought the PS2 because Oakley licensed one of my songs and it was supposedly in an ad that was in a Tony Hawk game. I still haven't seen it in the game, but the PS2 is fun and yes it's cheap.

i have my NES and dreamcast hooked up. I hardly play any of them these days, but every once in a while I'll get a tetris or super mario 3 compulsion. i don't really touch the dreamcast at all, but a few months back i asked here how i can burn games and went on a burning frenzy. i think i have 40 games i've burned and played like maybe 3. i don't know if i want to add another video game system, it's not like i'm not on the computer enough. i think getting a ps2 would be seriously bad news for me.

i've seen some grand theft auto played at some friends houses and it does seem kinda fun. is this the game that Hilary Clinton got mad at because there was a hidden sex scene in there?

edit:

holy crap! it WAS a commercial for Vice City that i heard "Easy Lover" in. they got Phil Collins in the game? check him out at the 4:34 mark playing drums. hilarious! i recognize that hairline anywhere

this game does look fun

• I think there is a "Hot Coffee" version of Vice City that has the sex scene. It's rare, ebay styles.

Just get a PS2 and you'll be happy. You'll sort of be up to date. The games are close to the current formats, so you'll feel semi cool. I am the last person who needs something to waste my time on, but I generally limit my game playing to 1 AM to 2 AM. It's also easy to get bored and frustrated with some of these games. It's a fun distraction though. The bargain table at the store in Stonestown is where it's at.

I still have my PS1 and my Nintendo, but never play either. I play the PS2 semi frequently. It's fun to play Tony Hawk and just skate around sometimes. Or play Vice City and just drive around hitting people.

Anybody ever play GTA2 on PS1? Shit looks like Frogger.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    aww dizzle,

i have my NES and dreamcast hooked up. I hardly play any of them these days, but every once in a while I'll get a tetris or super mario 3 compulsion. i don't really touch the dreamcast at all, but a few months back i asked here how i can burn games and went on a burning frenzy. i think i have 40 games i've burned and played like maybe 3. i don't know if i want to add another video game system, it's not like i'm not on the computer enough. i think getting a ps2 would be seriously bad news for me.

i've seen some grand theft auto played at some friends houses and it does seem kinda fun. is this the game that Hilary Clinton got mad at because there was a hidden sex scene in there?

Yep, 'hot coffee gate' or whatever it was called.

In the game you have to take your girl out on dates, and if you impress her enough she invites you in for 'coffee'. The game cuts here. When someone hacked the game, they discovered, hidden in the code, a minigame where you had to control the character having sex, after she had invited you in for coffee.
    Even though you have to have a mod'ed system and hack the game to see this, idiots got their knickers in a twist about it, the game was removed from stores, and re-classified.
    As far as I know the characters are partially clothed, and no genitalia can be seen. But for some reason simulating the act of sex, is SO much more offensive and upsetting, than say, walking up behind an old lady and slitting her throat, or any of the other countless list of violent acts you can commit in the game.

• I still love my Dreamcast. It's hooked up right next to my Wii.

And yeah, out of all the GTA games, Vice City is my favourite. The atmosphere simply can't be topped.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Anybody ever play GTA2 on PS1? Shit looks like Frogger.

I remember the first time I heard of GTA, was visiting a friend who's little brother was into it. Little dude must of been all of 5 maybe 6, and we found it very amusing when his mum would call him for dinner, and he'd respond by explaining he would be there as soon as he'd picked up his ho's, and sold all his crack.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    edit:

holy crap! it WAS a commercial for Vice City that i heard "Easy Lover" in. they got Phil Collins in the game? check him out at the 4:34 mark playing drums. hilarious! i recognize that hairline anywhere

this game does look fun

The GTA games are deep. The soundtracks, the gameplay, the design are all amazing.

The Design Museum (UK) nominated Vice City for it's Designer of the Year award. An award for 'the biggest contribution to design' that normally only recognises 'real world' design. The other nominees include jewellery designer Solange Azagury-Partridge, product designer Tord Boontje, and Jonathan Ive, vice president of industrial design at Apple Computers.

• so is Phill Collins actually in the Vice City game playing drums or is that just for trailer/commercial purposes? Also is this set in the 80s? it definitely looks like it

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    so is Phill Collins actually in the Vice City game playing drums or is that just for trailer/commercial purposes? Also is this set in the 80s? it definitely looks like it

Edit.

The Footage is from Vice City Stories[/b] a game for the PSP, not the og Vice City on the PS2. I dunno this game. But according to google Phill is very much part of the game.