Im new here, so heres my introduction.

UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• tons of LA heads. welcome to board

• Here I is, like a modern-day Travis Bickle. Keeping cholos, Emo jagoffs and Lowlife-Punks at bay and in check in Uptown Whittier (aka Shittier).

Welcome...

Interesting mix btw

• Hit a dood up sometime why don'cha?

Let's politick at Golden Triangle w/ Shig O'Toole. Get some ribs, coconut rice and some of that Tiger beer.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Mid city los angeles daily.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Nice mix!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Well cool. Im glad ya'll enjoyed the mix. You guys make it to Afrofunke ever?

• so whats on the mix? got a tracklist homie !?!

and welcome, please to answer the five obligatory soulstrut introductory questions:

1. whats your most prized private press boner?
    2. do you like cocaine?
    3. whats your most memorabale 'real hip hop' experience?
    4. does LA really make you pay?
    5. why is there no brown in the rainbow?

• Lower Alabama?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Highland Park will make you save

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    San Fernando Valley here. Welcome.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Lurkers/little dudes take note: this is the definition of an appropriate entry.

Welcome.

so whats on the mix? got a tracklist homie !?!

and welcome, please to answer the five obligatory soulstrut introductory questions:

2. do you like cocaine?

Private press.... honestly... I dont even know if i own any private press shit. I probably do but who knows. Im a heavy duty record collector who's done it by himself forever... so i have tons and tons of breaks... but most of em aren't the standard shit. Which is good and bad... I never know what other people are playing... even if its a staple record... but people rarely know the shit i play when i play live. You guys will probably school me pretty well though. I hope.

I hate cocaine.. people who do cocaine are fucking annoying and need to shut the fuck up and stop telling me about shit they've done. wack. I do smoke weed like it was going out of style though. and i've been known to drink a bit much and get a lil crazy.

memorable real hip hop experience.... I donno. Growing up battling and cyphering before everything got all lame.. shit... here it is... I once was DJing a party at a farm in the middle of nowhere back east in MD where im origonally from. The lights and everything were set up in the back of this 200 yard long chicken coop. There was like 300 people in there... mad kegs... and Im playing straight funky music for all these rednecks and college kids... and going back and forth with a punk/rock band. So after my first set... i start playing again... and this b-boy circle breaks out.... like 40 feet wide... with tons of shirtless idiots break dance battling.... in chicken shit. It was pretty dern cool. But who knows... i've toured across the country backing people playing the MPC live... and whatever else. I run a weekly in santa monica with some friends... come rock with me.

Does LA make me pay... i donno... bout 700 bucks a month in rent.... 100 a week in records... 50 a week in weed.... and... like 30 a week in spicey chicken sandwiches from wendeys.

No brown in the rainbow... because the white man would never have that shit.

a tracklist may be a bit belaboring... but it was all vinyl... all hand mixed... its 44 records... maybe i'll put it up tommorow.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    welcome to the board man.

• This is a proper entry.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    hey Sci

you obviously know who this is right?

heres a hint....i dont talk on aim any more

holleR

• Private press.... honestly... I dont even know if i own any private press shit. I probably do but who knows. Im a heavy duty record collector who's done it by himself forever... so i have tons and tons of breaks... but most of em aren't the standard shit. Which is good and bad... I never know what other people are playing... even if its a staple record... but people rarely know the shit i play when i play live. You guys will probably school me pretty well though. I hope.

I hate cocaine.. people who do cocaine are fucking annoying and need to shut the fuck up and stop telling me about shit they've done. wack. I do smoke weed like it was going out of style though. and i've been known to drink a bit much and get a lil crazy.

memorable real hip hop experience.... I donno. Growing up battling and cyphering before everything got all lame.. shit... here it is... I once was DJing a party at a farm in the middle of knowwhere back east in MD where im origonally from. The lights and everything were set up in the back of this 200 yard long chicken coop. There was like 300 people in there... mad kegs... and Im playing straight funky music for all these rednecks and college kids... and going back and forth with a punk/rock band. So after my first set... i start playing again... and this b-boy circle breaks out.... like 40 feet wide... with tons of shirtless idiots break dance battling.... in chicken shit. It was pretty dern cool. But who knows... i've toured across the country backing people playing the MPC live... and whatever else. I run a weekly in santa monica with some friends... come rock with me.

Does LA make me pay... i donno... bout 700 bucks a month in rent.... 100 a week in records... 50 a week in weed.... and... like 30 a week in spicey chicken sandwiches from wendeys.

a tracklist may be a bit belaboring... but it was all vinyl... all hand mixed... its 44 records... maybe i'll put it up tommorow.

nice one - I'm going to check your mix on the strength

Sup chris. Come to LA so we can puff down.

And Hugh... I just produced a whole album for some cats from the burn. Renovators dream... They just released their album that features all my beats. So if you wanna see my music in action... catch them live sometime soon around melbourne.

Thanks to the rest... I definately appreciate a good word from any of you record geeks over here.

• welcome aboard dude.
    whats your top 5 braeks?
    peace, stein. . .

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    welcome on board !

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    so whats on the mix? got a tracklist homie !?!

2. do you like cocaine?

Private press.... honestly... I dont even know if i own any private press shit. I probably do but who knows. Im a heavy duty record collector who's done it by himself forever... so i have tons and tons of breaks... but most of em aren't the standard shit. Which is good and bad... I never know what other people are playing... even if its a staple record... but people rarely know the shit i play when i play live. You guys will probably school me pretty well though. I hope.

memorable real hip hop experience.... I donno. Growing up battling and cyphering before everything got all lame.. shit... here it is... I once was DJing a party at a farm in the middle of nowhere back east in MD where im origonally from. The lights and everything were set up in the back of this 200 yard long chicken coop. There was like 300 people in there... mad kegs... and Im playing straight funky music for all these rednecks and college kids... and going back and forth with a punk/rock band. So after my first set... i start playing again... and this b-boy circle breaks out.... like 40 feet wide... with tons of shirtless idiots break dance battling.... in chicken shit. It was pretty dern cool. But who knows... i've toured across the country backing people playing the MPC live... and whatever else. I run a weekly in santa monica with some friends... come rock with me.

NICE !

• 50 a week in weed....

PLaese to hit a brother up on the private message for the details. I'm dry as a bone and got no connect for this sorta thing. Would help to make my weekend hazier & lazier if you could hook it up... muchas gracias

welcome aboard dude.
    whats your top 5 braeks?
    peace, stein. . .

Einstein with the dookie roll and the ill stabs. I've seen you play a ton. You guys were touring like crazy in 03/04 and i caught you in orlando like 3 times. I'll have to think on the favorite breaks... You mean like drum break or just a break in the song?

• Hit a dood up sometime why don'cha?

Let's politick at Golden Triangle w/ Shig O'Toole. Get some ribs, coconut rice and some of that Tiger beer.

no doubt, my secret spot on whittier blvd in montebello is

will holler sooner than later

DUDERS!!!!

i was just out there this morning. they closed my spot out that a way.

i have a favorite spot on whittier in east LA. tacos de ensenada. baja style fish tacos. best in LA if u ask me and theyre $1 on wednesdays!!!

• welcome aboard dude.
    whats your top 5 braeks?
    peace, stein. . .

Einstein with the dookie roll and the ill stabs. I've seen you play a ton. You guys were touring like crazy in 03/04 and i caught you in orlando like 3 times. I'll have to think on the favorite breaks... You mean like drum break or just a break in the song?

thanks for the kind words. i mean drum breaks. peace, stein. . .

• i donno...

eddie warner - brutus
    kenny smith and the maximum feeling - skunkie
    arthur verocai - karina
    Funky Nassau - Funky Nassau pt 2
    Jeff beck - thelonius

this question has been stressing me out. but those are the ones i currently super duper enjoy

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No brown in the rainbow... because the white man would never have that shit

Welcome