other than fraud, what are my options?

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I need some advice regarding a situation on ebay. Im sure some have you dealt with this before, please give me some advice...Last week I bought a very rare record and paid some loot for it. I then paid over $20 for shipping (from Europe to the US), and I requested that the seller send it with insurance and all the 'extras'(ie: Delivery Confirmation, etc). Yesterday I get the record and it is snapped in half. I see that there is no insurance, no 'extras', and homeboy didnt even use a single stiffener in the mailer.I wrote to him, and he claims that it isnt his fault, and suggested that I go after my post office. I am going to try an work it out peacefully with him. But if he doesnt budge, what are my options?Going to PayPal with a 'non delivery claim' is one way, although technically fraud. But is that the only way for me to get anything back?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    If you go to paypal with a non-delivery claim, couldn't he in turn submit to them the correspondence you've had to prove the record did arrive (even if broken)?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    If you go to paypal with a non-delivery claim, couldn't he in turn submit to them the correspondence you've had to prove the record did arrive (even if broken)?

I thought of that, but the emails I sent to him were from another email address (outside of my ebay account). I suppose that I could argue that he fabricated the messages if he tried to use them, but I was hoping that it wouldnt come to that.

Anyone have any luck with other techniques? bargaining suggestions?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just file a claim. Paypal is not going to care about emails.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I imagine that there must be evidence pointing to the fact that you paid for insurance. If there were insurance on the package, you'd be getting reinbursed. The seller is at fault for not purchasing the insurance that you paid for.

It may fall under "Item not as described". Obviously the record did not arrive "as described". But the lack of services that you paid for may also fall under this category.