Dilla's "Light My Fire"--- who sings it???

tbonetbone 7 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I've scoured the internet...Listened to around 30 soul-y and funky versions of the song...Consulted my Dilla experts... (one says it's Jose Feliciano, which is really really wrong)And have even contemplated sending PB Wolf a letter...So somebody PLEASE tell me who performs the version of the Doors' "Light My Fire" on track 4 of Dilla's Donuts.It'll be good for your karma. I'll pay it forward. Be your friend forever. Or whatever.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I've scoured the internet...

Listened to around 30 soul-y and funky versions of the song...

Consulted my Dilla experts... (one says it's Jose Feliciano, which is really really wrong)

And have even contemplated sending PB Wolf a letter...

So somebody PLEASE tell me who performs the version of the Doors' "Light My Fire" on track 4 of Dilla's Donuts.

It'll be good for your karma. I'll pay it forward. Be your friend forever. Or whatever.

NICE FIRST POST.

• My karma is pretty much screwed up permanently from the time I ran over that baby on my snowmobile.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    CLASSIC.

Can you please e-mail PB wolf and post the e-mail you sent up here, and response.

Did you check Leo Sayers - Endless Flight yet? Dilla samples for days...

Can we be friends. A/S/L?

b

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Can we be friends?

WAR?

• Can we be friends. A/S/L?

hahahahaha! I haven't seen that one in a looooong time.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

CTI?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    WASN'T IT THE B-SIDE OF A PROMO 12" FROM THIS WHITE WHALE?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    this is what 'the-breaks' had to say:

dilla fire

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    You're all way off. It was the b-side of a 45 rpm acetate-only out-take from Marc Moulin's Placebo - Ball of eyes LP.

this is what 'the-breaks' had to say:

dilla fire

party pooper...

You're all way off. It was the b-side of a 45 rpm acetate-only out-take from Marc Moulin's Placebo - Ball of eyes LP.

Too easy, you can turn that up at any charity store, they usually have them behind the counter so you just have to ask for it...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Uh... where is Monty?
    Been thinking about him lately (no homo!)...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Too easy, you can turn that up at any charity store, they usually have them behind the counter so you just have to ask for it...

word i got my placebo doubles at the goodwill plus a salt 45

Nah Man, you're thinking of the OTHER Placebo acetate 45 with the instrumental version of 'Got me hummin'' on the A-side.

word i got my placebo doubles at the goodwill plus a salt 45

Did you get that "Velvet Underground acetate" with the Slum Village samples? I see that at nearly every store....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Man, you guys are soooooo cruel!!! Just remember, there was a time we all didn't know shit about records. Sure the request was a bit "sideways," but damn, go easy on the dude.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks.. you just mad cause you missed my set sale of Placebo acetate raers at $9.99?

The sample is;

Africa
    Music From Lil' Brown: (Ode 1968)
    * "Light My Fire"
    J Dilla - "Light My Fire"

• the breaks is funny. I only ever end up reading it when somebody links up a post, but there is always a response like this:

oh wow, you got me. i'm so proud of you, my bad. i'm going to sign off and get familiar with my woman, while you congratulate yourself. get these.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the breaks is funny. I only ever end up reading it when somebody links up a post, but there is always a response like this:

oh wow, you got me. i'm so proud of you, my bad. i'm going to sign off and get familiar with my woman, while you congratulate yourself. get these.

HAHA!
    THAT lil outburst was directed at me.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    the breaks is funny. I only ever end up reading it when somebody links up a post, but there is always a response like this:

"Both "The New" & "Workinonit" sample "(It's) The New Style" by the Beastie Boys."

• tbonetbone 7 Posts

Africa

you are correct, sir. oinked it. excited to give the album a listen. thank you kindly!

Africa

you are correct, sir. oinked it. excited to give the album a listen. thank you kindly!

is that it? i thought we were friends now? did u pay the karma fairy?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

• quit messin' with the guy.

It's on this, brother.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The sample is;

Africa
    * "Light My Fire"

I just purged this record recently.

Actually, it wasn't so bad - I just never listened to it.

So, when he says he already "oinked" it - does that mean
    he actually had sex with the record? Like actual intercourse?

• The sample is;

Africa
    * "Light My Fire"

it means he downloaded it illegally from thetorrent site oink

I just purged this record recently.

Actually, it wasn't so bad - I just never listened to it.

So, when he says he already "oinked" it - does that mean
    he actually had sex with the record? Like actual intercourse?