New here

smokinscottsmokinscott 18 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hello I'm new, be nice.Thats it. Stay tuned for more piontless inaine ramblings from my good self!

Comments

• Welcome, what kind of music do you like?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    welcome aboard. pointless insane ramblings will not separate you from the soul strut masses.

post uber rare brazilian or latin disco only imported into sweden in 1977 or you're soft batch.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Be nice!!!
    Hard to do when most here " Including Myself" are smart assess.
    Welcome to SS!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    nice to see an introduction again. i hardly know th new people in here.

• I'm partial to some of the breaky stuff, old school hiphop mash-ups, classic funk (I'm no digger though) funds don't allow. I also like alot of the new funk thats being released.
    I have a radio show that goes out monthly on a UK station called 209radio. The show is called Casserole you can check it here if you like... http://www.209radio.co.uk/shows/profile.php?show=casserole Its a mix show this month normally we have guests etc.
    As everyone else on the planet has a myspace don't be surprised when I tell you I have one to. You can check that out here along with tracklistings of the previous shows. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127969877
    The intro is by a guy called Colossus all I did was the start and the end. So don't give me props for doing it!
    Thanks for being a friendly bunch on my first outing.

• Damn that was thread killer!

• Congrats on your first kill!

• Congrats on your first kill!
    Haha

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I'll hop on this thread. I've been a lurker/low-poster for a couple months. I'm here to learn what I can about new genres. A new found love of Latin is what brought me here, and the Soul/Funk is keeping me here. I learned to love the beats in the heart of the mid-90s Bay Area hip-hop scene, although San Diego is my home. I spent a lot of time with indie rock here due to prevalence, but the beats are my mainstay. My current record collecting is done at weekend garage sales. I have an early 80s Honda scooter that is modified for record collecting with a crate on the back and a built in stereo that can be hooked up to an iPod or portable turntable. I haven't posted much because I don't always have much to offer. But I'm coming up fast and staying on top. I appreciate a good honest smart-ass remark more than niceties, but feeling welcome is aight too. I encourage any other low-poster lurkers to say what's-up here too.

• Hello
    I'm new, be nice.
    Thats it. Stay tuned for more piontless inaine ramblings from my good self!

You spelled "inane" wrong...

BAN!!!

• Yes thats right I did spell it wrong. (check out the big brains on Brad!) I forgod my dictionary for breaky this morn with a tasty 45 it was delicious.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I'm sort of new here, even though I signed up last year... I opened an account and then didn't have much internet access due to unemployment -- a man couldn't even afford to lurk!

Now I'm gainfully employed (programming for a film festival) and making a modest but dependable living... and spending a lot more time on here. So most if not all of my posts are from the last couple months.

My ears are open to everything; I'm particularly fond of 60s soul (with a preference for Memphis over Detroit), Krautrock, 60s and 70s Brazil, and jazz of the Alice Coltrane ilk. I grew up on the Beatles and late 80s hip-hop, but these days go back to the former much more than the latter.

Unlike most people here, I don't know very much about electro, fusion, disco, and soul post-75 or so.

My other main interests are film (100% omniverous) and literature (some favorites: 60s and 70s Austrians like Handke and Thomas Bernhard, William Vollmann and Dennis Cooper and other contemporary transgressives, Patricia Highsmith and lots of pulp/noir, 19th Century Russians).

Before this job, I reviewed films and music for our local free weekly (City Paper). I also write fiction, but haven't had any luck placing any of it.

I'm pretty good at Scrabble and Taboo.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I'm pretty good at Scrabble

Noted.

What's the word on the catalogue then?

I'm pretty good at Scrabble

Noted.

What's the word on the catalogue then?

It didn't arrive. I called TIFF, and they gave me a tracking number; the package was last seen in New Jersey sometime this morning.

They also gave me the email of someone at TIFF who was in charge of these and would get right back to me; he hasn't.

I've emailed about it - not sure if I'll get a response though as things are getting hectic. Will let you know if I hear anything.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    nice to see an introduction again. i hardly know th new people in here.

why are you here again? Weren't you on some ban myself ish? Hi, J*n! Good to have grimey grope back....

I've emailed about it - not sure if I'll get a response though as things are getting hectic. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Thanks! I've spent most of the day going over my picks online, so I should be in decent shape, assuming the package arrives before the deadline tomorrow.

I haven't heard back yet, anyway, it sounds like things will be fine though.
    So are all the descriptions up on the site now - I'll check it out.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i'd like to see some of the 0 post people that pm'ed me for the dilla mix come out of lurkerdom in this thread!

I haven't heard back yet, anyway, it sounds like things will be fine though.
    So are all the descriptions up on the site now - I'll check it out.

Things'll be fine if I get my package... tracking it via FedEx, it's been sitting in Jersey for 12 hours or more, which is bullshit for an overnight service.

Full descriptions are up... site's been a little screwy, but I filled slots for all 20 of my vouchers and have a few in reserve.

Ahhh - Ellen Burstyn is presenting "Alice...", not Scorsese, that makes me feel much better about not being able to see it.

Yup. I don't think I'm going to any of the XXX presents YYY screenings this year.