WEEKDAY FINDS....

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
couldnt see a finds thread for this week!! so i started one:here's some from the last few days The Roy Young LP has an awesome country-funk version of the Band's "rag mama rag" and the Visitors is a dodgy Asian re-issue / bootleg. cant imagine being able to afford an OG!nice to get another Kevin Ayers LP off the list - now i just need 'Joy of a Toy' on record ... anyone got a spare??? the 7's are:SPAGHETTI HEAD - "funky axe" (savage)THE PEPPERS - "doctor music"JR WALKER & THE ALL STARS - "walk in the night"WIGANS OVATION - "skiing in the snow"BOOKER T & THE MG'S -"hang em high"

Comments

• Some interesting stuff there.

This week:
    RAMP - Comming into Knowledge - CBS
    Aphrodite's Child - 666 - Vertigo
    Loadstone - S/T - Barnaby (good psych horn rock! I was suprised by this one)
    and some others i cant remember. photos later.

• an awesome country-funk version

• an awesome country-funk version

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, bitch.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I get people asking about that Spaghetti Head 45 often when I play it at gigs. Great 45. I found a few copies of it last year & managed to turn a good profit on it when on-sold to some others in Australia & NZ.

• I get people asking about that Spaghetti Head 45 often when I play it at gigs. Great 45. I found a few copies of it last year & managed to turn a good profit on it when on-sold to some others in Australia & NZ.

yeah - its a cool song... but i cant help thinking that if a guitar came widdling in halfway through, or maybe an organ wig out it would be amazing!!! as it is it gets boring pretty quickly...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I get people asking about that Spaghetti Head 45 often when I play it at gigs. Great 45. I found a few copies of it last year & managed to turn a good profit on it when on-sold to some others in Australia & NZ.

yeah - its a cool song... but i cant help thinking that if a guitar came widdling in halfway through, or maybe an organ wig out it would be amazing!!! as it is it gets boring pretty quickly...
    I think that that is part of what makes it kind of cool, the fact that nothing else comes in is pretty unexpected for me at least. Just a nice drums & bass groove. Was it intended as the A side of the single or just as a disposable B side? I can't even remember what the flip 'Big Noise From Winnetka' sounds like....

• some weekend but mostly yesterday and today. Just got a nice new digicam too just in time!

• Bunch of cool stuff drifting into the shop over the last couple days

notice the records in her hand

Loner

private rock

MIKE LONGO ENTHUSIAST

• MIKE LONGO ENTHUSIAST

yo, el big bigote shades of the blues has that nice ass mellow groover at the end of one side. dope shit

• damn coma, besides a week last coupe frames, youre bowling 200 easy
    looks like you gotta host some salsa parties reeel soon.
    musta felt nice to catch the giordano boxset. damn! the eagles the one with scorpio, right?

• ocho - oriza breakdown =

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    damn coma, besides a week last coupe frames, youre bowling 200 easy

I'd tap.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Sorry, I mean "PM sent"

• damn coma, besides a week last coupe frames, youre bowling 200 easy
    musta felt nice to catch the giordano boxset. damn! the eagles the one with scorpio, right?

yeah kinda got that trickle down effect going on. you dont like eddie harris?

the one with scorpio was one of the few they diddnt have.

end of summer salsa party not done sweating just yet...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    wassup with that puerto rican power joint?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    oh my.

yeah definitely feeling it. I need II and III, I hear III is one to get.

• Bunch of cool stuff drifting into the shop over the last couple days

i used to have that record...i wonder if it's the same copy...record wasn't as good as the cover if i remember correctly?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Bunch of cool stuff drifting into the shop over the last couple days

i used to have that record...i wonder if it's the same copy...record wasn't as good as the cover if i remember correctly?

Yea I have that record too.... it is not good at all.

• Yes, this record is terrible. This copy was purchased in Pennsylvania with maybe 50 other European records so I doubt its origins are in New York. The cover is pretty cool though.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

and the paranoid expression on this cutie's face, as if isaac hayes records were illegal..

was she a model, or the recording artist?

yeah definitely feeling it. I need II and III, I hear III is one to get.

i got em all and like the first best. i could stand to listen to them all more thoroughly though and am honestly not the biggest salsa connoiseur. but the infamous version of hotpants road on numero tres is nice but its not life changing (although it may lighten your wallet considerably)

and the paranoid expression on this cutie's face, as if isaac hayes records were illegal..

was she a model, or the recording artist?

I remember the music being a bunch of Greek dudes ... definitely one of those where the cover makes it look hot but it is quite the opposite!

if i remember right there is a 2 bar percussion loop for you beatHEADZ on there...lol

some late night digging (8-11:45 pm) yielded some cheap treats:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Not much, but I found this surprisingly decent marching band/jazz record from 1985 on Jenson with short tunes (20 songs on each side) with cover selections "Sussudio", Dallas theme and "Rasperry Beret" at the thrift store. I bought some VHS tapes too, which seem to be some good ones: The Man On The Eiffel Tower, Swing High, Swing Low, An Enemy Of The People, The Clockmaker and Mona Lisa.

• wassup with that puerto rican power joint?

its good. generally salsa, one of the tracks has some slower funk drums throughout.

add shades of joy-music of el topo to that pile.

Thanks Mack!

• heres some stuff from the last few days, some from shops, some from trade (thanks mdejean):

some funky jazz stuff and a hip hop classic. theres a few downtempo breaks tracks on the Bjorn j son and michael longo LPs. nice ... found the sa-ra in a charity shop, bought it to see what all the trendy fuss was --- i quite like 'rose buds'!!

also got this little beauty in trade (again, thanks mdejean):

...the b-side is killer!!!

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    WV finds.