COCAINE

Comments

• Martin Scorsese....Did his best work coked to the gills.

umm, that is a little off base. i read that he only became deeply addicted after the failure of "new york, new york" and it was robert deniro that helped pull him out of it in time to make "raging bull" before it completely destroyed his life. arguably most of his great work was done sober, but thats not really the point is it?

i mean "there's a riot goin' on" is a coke album through and through but look what happened to poor old sly in the years that followed. like any substance it can spur creativity and in the right context can be wonderful; nevertheless i think alot of these posts have rightly touched on the dark side.

i once had a roommate who was a local reporter just getting his start and he fell off the wagon in a big way. i kind of knew something was up but he was smart and secretive. one night he burst in my room in the middle of the night babbling about something. it turned out he was in the midst of cocaine psychosis and it was one the most frightening and awful things i have ever witnessed. he was insisting upon going to work but i knew he would be fired and blacklisted the moment he stepped through the door given his state and i had to threaten him with calling his parents to intervene if he did.

cocaine makes you feel like anything is possible and that is the rub...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    this thread is confusing me
    so......
    imma go out back and smoke a wolla

and when i'm done imma go cop some jums and smoke them too

then you think this shit is all fun and games son
    someone goona die
    someone gonna work for it
    like hector
    or then maybe me
    imma hop a plane to columbia and drink them little bottles of booze they give you on the plane and do bullets in the bathroom with malady and get some white rock and some pink flake from cartenega and breeze thru customs with that coke jammed up my girlfriend's ass like no problem she can take a full ounce up there inna 4 condom wrapper dun

then imma talk shit all night bout nothin real fast grind teeth and make fucked up faces and do massive lip gyrations like cory haim on that show on cable and them immma not gonna eat and drink lots of vodka and do more blow and talk to people i don't like and get more coke from them cause i don't feel like going all the way into the bx right now and talk a lot and get more coke and pick up coke hoes and smoke more rock and then fuck them hoes and get more weed and drink long island ice teas with coke in them but before i do that imma get some more coke and do some coke and talk a lot about how good that coke is and then imma snort a lot of coke you understand this shit is raw
    damm cold flake,do a freeze ,where the baking soda at breeze? cook that shit up like raekwon,AND THEN BOWL IT WITH SOME WEED AND THEN DO ANOTHER FREEZE AND CALL UP TRACY AND SEE IF SHE WANTS TO COME OVER AND GET ON HER KNEES AND THEN WE GONNA DO MORE ROCK,IMMA CHOP IT ON A MIRROR INTO LINES AND SNORT IT UP,AND THEN WHEN IT GETs all COAGULATED IN MY NOSE I WILL SNORT UP SOME WATER AND BREAK THAT SHIT UP SO I GET MORE COKE INTO MY BRAIN AND THEN IMMMA STAY UP LATE UNTIL I RUN OUTTA COKE AND DRINK MORE BEER AND CALL CRISCO AND SEE IF HE WANTS TO MAKE THAT TRIP WITH ME TO THE SalSA SPOT OFF THE BRUCKENER EXPRESSWAY AND THEN WE GONNA COP AND DO SOME PACKETS AND PARK IN THE MCDONALDS IN THE AM AND DO SOME BUMPS AND THEN WHEN WE DONE IT'LL BE LIKE 11 AM AND HIS HOUSE WILL BE EMPTY AND WERE GONNA GO THERE AND DO MORE COKE AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND SMOKE WEED AND Smoke WOLLAS AND SOME SNORT ROCK AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND THE GO TO LOU'S CORNER STORE AND GET MORE CORONAS AND A LIME AND WHEN WE GET BACK WE GONNA DO SOME LINES OFF THE VAN HALEN MIRROR AND WATCH OWEN BRENNAN HAVE A HEART ATTACK AT HIS MOM'S KITCHEN TABLE AND DIE FROM DOING COKE WITH HIS INHERITANCE FROM HIS DEAD PARENTS SO HE CAN BE WITH THEM SOONER IN HEAVEN THAN LATER AND THEN WE GONNA TAKE MY 1985 SS MONTE CARLO DOWN TO FORDHAM AND COP A HALF AN OUNCE FROM THE DOMINICANS WHO LIVE OF THE 8TH FLOOR,BUT BEFORE WE LEAVE THEIR APARTMENT THEY GNNA FILL UP SAMMY'S BULLET FOR FREE FOR THE RIDE HOME CAUSE WE LOVE TO DO SOME COKE yeah
    its all true but i never touch that shit anymore
    really

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm pretty sure there would be no modern soul as we know it without the influence of cocaine.

I'd put Modern soul as more of a coke afterthought. Disco can thank coke for a lot of its releases though.

I'm pretty sure I'd have a lot less records stolen from my house if it wasn't for coke

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Word, GBH. That was funny...

And, I'm not telling anyone what to do. But, to cite one guy who took a drug and made art, even GOOD art, to justify the use of a drug is specious reasoning AT BEST.

I do what I can.

As for the idea of using drugs to make better art, I think that inverts the causal relationship between the actor and the act. People make art, and people do drugs. Perhaps there is a type of temperament that lends itself both to the creation of art and drug use (insert argument about both art and drugs expanding one's consciousness and changing one's perspective here), but to say that drug use is responsible for inspiring great art is to say that art created without drug use is somehow uninspired.

I mean, I do my share of substances, but I wouldn't say they're responsible for the incredible prose that I bequeath upon the world with each keystroke.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Want to hear a coke story...?
    About what coke can do for you...?
    Martin Scorsese.
    Martin Scorsese.
    Heard of him?
    Director of Taxi Driver and Raging Bull.
    And other popular films.
    Popular with the critics.
    Acclaimed movie maker.
    Coke user.
    User of cocaine.
    Did his best work coked to the gills.
    Raging coke addict.
    Maybe you heard of him...?

I didn't know Emily Dickinson wrote about coke.

I take it you've never heard Scorsese speak. And to that other gentleman, you're kidding yourself if you think he kicked the habit just in time to make Raging Bull. He threatened to take his name off the movie when they told him he had to walk away so they could ship the mix out. He was working on perfecting the foley of the sound of a glass being put down on a table.

Seriously though folks, you won't find too many people who can handle their shit agreeing with the DARE tone I'm seeing here. To each his own.

I'm not a coke user and I don't advocate it by any means. But you are kidding yourself if you think all coke users are like the guy you knew in college who got arrested for stealing your girlfriend's dog.

I got an email from another non-user fuming about the irony of this thread, people whittling away their time on a message board, talking about how coke is the great killer. They said, and I agree, that many productive & well-adjusted people can handle it and basically kick the world's ass. So most people can't. Most people can't do a lot of things. It's more about the user than the drug. Now heroin is obviously another story.

LATER SKATERS.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's more about the user than the drug.

One of the first sensible things I've read here today.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    never did coke.
    did speed.
    hated that shit.
    used to smoke herb, been almost 10 years since I've touched it
    don't drink
    stop smoking.it's been a little over a year and no desire to do that again.
    don't do anything

except......

drink ice tea.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    This thread has given coke a bad name. I know plenty of potheads that are useless pieces of schitt as well. So don't be giving the collie a higher praise.
    I believe the form/structure (powder) of cocaine has made into the evil drug some believe it may be, unlike marijuana which is a natural plant form that humans think is healthier than cocaine.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    does anyone here consider the shit that goes on to get that condom full of coke to the williamsburgers who hoover it up? the wider implications, the effect it has on communities in which it originates and is sold, etc?

• AlbertAlbert 26 Posts
    My ex-next door neighbor who sold (and obsessively did) coke, ended up reaching a point where he'd move all his large pieces of furniture (including his STOVE), EVERY NIGHT, to block his door. He developed some sort of a paranoia/psychosis/schizophrenia, I don't know, where as soon as he was left home alone he'd hear people breaking into his apt. He'd call me and beg me to pop my head out to see who's trying to break in, swearing he just spoke to "THEM". He wouldn't sleep, he'd call everyone he knew at 4 -5 am, crying etc. He later claimed he'd do up to a 1.5 gram a day. The idiot w as always high looking, whenever I run into him around the building/area...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Martin Scorsese.
    Martin Scorsese.
    Heard of him?
    And other popular films.
    Acclaimed movie maker.
    Coke user.
    User of cocaine.
    Raging coke addict.

Actually he made NEW YORK, NEW YORK coked to the gills, and made RAGING BULL while kicking the habit. I take it you're one of those NEW YORK, NEW YORK fans. Good for you, boss!

Seriously, coke is lame and every one of us has documented proof to this fact. Why are some of you people even bothering defending it?

- drunk on cheap wine in NC

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    does anyone here consider the shit that goes on to get that condom full of coke to the williamsburgers who hoover it up? the wider implications, the effect it has on communities in which it originates and is sold, etc?

What?! All that does is interfere with my fantasy of Scorsese snorting lines and single-handedly shooting materpieces stoned out of his gourd! Stop being a self-righteous party poop! I bet Shawnna enjoys her coke! WTF??

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Martin Scorsese.
    Martin Scorsese.
    Heard of him?
    And other popular films.
    Acclaimed movie maker.
    Coke user.
    User of cocaine.
    Raging coke addict.

Actually he made NEW YORK, NEW YORK coked to the gills, and made RAGING BULL while kicking the habit. I take it you're one of those NEW YORK, NEW YORK fans. Good for you, boss!

Seriously, coke is lame and every one of us has documented proof to this fact. Why are some of you people even bothering defending it?

- drunk on cheap wine in NC

Yeah, I wonder how many of the folks he worked with at the time seriously thought, "hmmm...Marty + Coke= great idea"

Are you seriously saying that coke is the creative source for his best work? Or are you simply defending the idea that some people function while on it? Who has really denied that some people can function on that shit? I am simply pointing out that like most narcotics, there is a piper to pay. Some pay little, some pay big. Scorsese was talented before, during, and after the coke. And from what I have read he and Robbie Robertson became the biggest assholes on either coast during their bachelor coke-binge days in the late 70s, which only supports other asshole-related coke theories. Or maybe it was because they were assholes before, during and after the coke. Who the fuck cares? All I know is, I prefer people who use that shit to stay out of my personal perimiter. I have no truck with it at all.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

This same implication could be leveled at a lot of the products we consume.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Who here has snorted some? Please, drop some knowledge about your experiences, suggestions, pros, cons, and anything else. Real headz would like to know!

Hey Raj,

I never sniffed blow, I only puffed L's (stopped in '99) and drank. I'm a manic fucker to begin with (no need chargin' up the heart), so I puffed and drank to chill out.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Doing coke dosent make you an asshole.

Thank you for answering my question. Now we know the truth.

Assholes do coke.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Doing coke dosent make you an asshole.

Thank you for answering my question. Now we know the truth.

Assholes do coke.

What's all this talk about coke and assholes????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Raj has to be laughing his ass off at us.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Raj has to be laughing his ass off at us.

with, with

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    There are better things to spend your money on, in my opinion.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

MINIMAL SYNTH CASSETTE RAER DOTH NOT FIT UP MY SCHNOZ

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    MINIMAL SYNTH CASSETTE RAER DOTH NOT FIT UP MY SCHNOZ
    They will make you steal your girlfriends dog, nonetheless.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

shit is lame. Never a fan. I haven't touched the stuff in years.
    Its basically crack. Coke is fucking wack. Smoke pot and drink beers.

"Sometimes i rhyme slow, sometimes i rhyme quick"

Yo!, I love this song. I want the 12" I should just get the re-issue.
    Thanks for that and I was agreeing with you in most round a bout way, I hope you could tell.

• Do you do or ever have done drugs?

I have some light experiences with mariuana next to the "usual" alcoholic experiences.

I was really curios about the sentence that a drug could change your life in a positive way because most of the ganja smokers i know are quite aggressive some time and in a whole have a severe attitude changing which can happen from one second to another which means everything from anoying to frightening ...

but i was not even close to "judge" the use of drugs!

When i have done my first experiences i remember being afraid about the loss of control during my high time and that was an experience which is saild to be even worse with other kind of drugs - up to the point of hanging in a "trip loop" (or how you may call it) for the rest of your life (which scares the death out of me)!

So next to the public opinion of "no to drugs" - it??s an "I can??t imagine" situation to have my personality changed by drugs in any good way.

Thank you for your comment!

• I am glad for the times that I did drugs.

And, I am glad that I (*) don't do them now.

Time and place and moderation on all things.

*(still drink too much; take the occasional percocet/valium/vicodin. never was one much for the uppers.)

• I personally enjoy the coke blowout and the coke headache that comes after. javascript:void(0)
    ::melt::

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

shit is lame. Never a fan. I haven't touched the stuff in years.
    Its basically crack. Coke is fucking wack. Smoke pot and drink beers.

"Sometimes i rhyme slow, sometimes i rhyme quick"

Yo!, I love this song. I want the 12" I should just get the re-issue.
    Thanks for that and I was agreeing with you in most round a bout way, I hope you could tell.
    No problem alice. TRACY CHAPMAN LOOPZ FOR DAYZZZZZ!!!! LOLZZZERS!!!!!

I like how you flipped my shit to make a dope rhyme. And basically edited my baked ramblings into the Its kind of funny cause i posted that shit just for the name but the 3rd verse fits the context of this thread pretty well.

When i have done my first experiences i remember being afraid about the loss of control during my high time and that was an experience which is saild to be even worse with other kind of drugs - up to the point of hanging in a "trip loop" (or how you may call it) for the rest of your life (which scares the death out of me)!

So next to the public opinion of "no to drugs" - it??s an "I can??t imagine" situation to have my personality changed by drugs in any good way.

whatever floats your boat. Different strokes for different folks. I have a warm place in my heart for drugs and drug culture. So of course i have abused the fuck out of them and am biased. I see them in more of a appreciative view instead of the nancy regan reefer madness propaganda mentality of most straight-edgey-syle people. There is a lot of dis-information when it comes to drugs and your light marijuana and alcohol use kinda displays what im talking about. No diss cause it aint your fault, i just think you are somewhat uneducated and see drugs as a villian instead of digging a little deeper and gaining somewhat of an understanding of how others could enjoy these substances.

Bottomline, I just think coke is lame and really just aint for me. I dont need it, dont want it. If you like the feeling of drinking ten redbulls then have a blast. But all this "do coke and your dick will fall off" speak in this thread from disconnected individuals is a little suspect in my opinion. It wont make your heart exploded from sniffing one line and it wont make you up and start selling all your shit after partying on a gram over the weekend. You have to be willing and determined to become a cokehead. Shit costs crazy yapper so it aint like people are hanging out in playgrounds busting out lines for kiddies. You have to pay to play. Coke is just a social lubricant for most people. Its usually enjoyed with a hard night of drinking. The booze also helps you sleep too at the end so they parlay off eachover. Doing a few lines will not make you into a stircrazy crackhead, unless you let it. Just like drinking every friday night doesnt make you an alcoholic. its more about the user then the drug and how prone you are to addictive behaviors. I have ADD pretty bad, so its in my blood to get down with substances. Just not the stimulants.

Aight im done talking about snow. I gotta go to bed. peaccccccccccccccccccccceeeeee.

• There is a lot of dis-information when it comes to drugs and your light marijuana and alcohol use kinda displays what im talking about. No diss cause it aint your fault, i just think you are somewhat uneducated and see drugs as a villian instead of digging a little deeper and gaining somewhat of an understanding of how others could enjoy these substances.

But now i have to refer to my comments on the ganja people i know
    (at least one a close friend) -

Aggression and mood change are huge topics for them which are so obviously not only me is talking about ... sad that you left out a comment on that

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this thread is confusing me
    so......
    imma go out back and smoke a wolla

and when i'm done imma go cop some jums and smoke them too

then you think this shit is all fun and games son
    someone goona die
    someone gonna work for it
    like hector
    or then maybe me
    imma hop a plane to columbia and drink them little bottles of booze they give you on the plane and do bullets in the bathroom with malady and get some white rock and some pink flake from cartenega and breeze thru customs with that coke jammed up my girlfriend's ass like no problem she can take a full ounce up there inna 4 condom wrapper dun

then imma talk shit all night bout nothin real fast grind teeth and make fucked up faces and do massive lip gyrations like cory haim on that show on cable and them immma not gonna eat and drink lots of vodka and do more blow and talk to people i don't like and get more coke from them cause i don't feel like going all the way into the bx right now and talk a lot and get more coke and pick up coke hoes and smoke more rock and then fuck them hoes and get more weed and drink long island ice teas with coke in them but before i do that imma get some more coke and do some coke and talk a lot about how good that coke is and then imma snort a lot of coke you understand this shit is raw
    damm cold flake,do a freeze ,where the baking soda at breeze? cook that shit up like raekwon,AND THEN BOWL IT WITH SOME WEED AND THEN DO ANOTHER FREEZE AND CALL UP TRACY AND SEE IF SHE WANTS TO COME OVER AND GET ON HER KNEES AND THEN WE GONNA DO MORE ROCK,IMMA CHOP IT ON A MIRROR INTO LINES AND SNORT IT UP,AND THEN WHEN IT GETs all COAGULATED IN MY NOSE I WILL SNORT UP SOME WATER AND BREAK THAT SHIT UP SO I GET MORE COKE INTO MY BRAIN AND THEN IMMMA STAY UP LATE UNTIL I RUN OUTTA COKE AND DRINK MORE BEER AND CALL CRISCO AND SEE IF HE WANTS TO MAKE THAT TRIP WITH ME TO THE SalSA SPOT OFF THE BRUCKENER EXPRESSWAY AND THEN WE GONNA COP AND DO SOME PACKETS AND PARK IN THE MCDONALDS IN THE AM AND DO SOME BUMPS AND THEN WHEN WE DONE IT'LL BE LIKE 11 AM AND HIS HOUSE WILL BE EMPTY AND WERE GONNA GO THERE AND DO MORE COKE AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND SMOKE WEED AND Smoke WOLLAS AND SOME SNORT ROCK AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND THE GO TO LOU'S CORNER STORE AND GET MORE CORONAS AND A LIME AND WHEN WE GET BACK WE GONNA DO SOME LINES OFF THE VAN HALEN MIRROR AND WATCH OWEN BRENNAN HAVE A HEART ATTACK AT HIS MOM'S KITCHEN TABLE AND DIE FROM DOING COKE WITH HIS INHERITANCE FROM HIS DEAD PARENTS SO HE CAN BE WITH THEM SOONER IN HEAVEN THAN LATER AND THEN WE GONNA TAKE MY 1985 SS MONTE CARLO DOWN TO FORDHAM AND COP A HALF AN OUNCE FROM THE DOMINICANS WHO LIVE OF THE 8TH FLOOR,BUT BEFORE WE LEAVE THEIR APARTMENT THEY GNNA FILL UP SAMMY'S BULLET FOR FREE FOR THE RIDE HOME CAUSE WE LOVE TO DO SOME COKE yeah
    its all true but i never touch that shit anymore
    really

how did this post escape comment?

• Who Hasn't?

i haven't, don't care too. bought some for my lady once and she did it... the rest of that night is a fond, fond memory.