queens of the stone age

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
craig kilborn is killing it. for real though, can they do no wrong? i just got into them recently, and even their bigger songs are so on point. i don't listen to heavy shit like i used to but, queens are the shit, i had "sick, sick, sick" playing at the gym for an hour straight.love the song feel good hit of the summer...any fans here? i never listened to Kyuss, is that worth checking out?

Comments

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    if your enjoying the QOTSA stuff then def check out Kyuss and perhaps also Masters of Reality...

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    if your enjoying the QOTSA stuff then def check out Kyuss, the Desert Sessions and perhaps also Masters of Reality...

• haha..I always told a friend I thought dude looked just like Craig Kilborn..

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    kyuss's "blues for the red sun" or whatever its called has some good tracks, like "green machine". its more metally, but good heavy desert rock. i dug me some queens up to the album in '02 with "no one knows" on it, after that one i havent been paying attention.

• Songs for The Deaf is my favorite shit from them.

I love this video.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    agreed with all of the above. great band that deserves more shine.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I can't believe everyones love for this band. They are generic. They get total hate from most people I talk to.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    agreed with all of the above. great band that deserves more shine.

QOTSA loud seriously f%ck shit up!

• I really dig them fools. If you like them, look for Che "sounds of liberation" i'm thinking its the bass player from Queens' band. Its like that 70's 'Camaro Rock' sound, super fresh high power shit, also check out "Desert Sessions"... and The eagles of Death Metal also ruwel. peace.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    if your enjoying the QOTSA stuff then def check out Kyuss, the Desert Sessions and perhaps also Masters of Reality...

All those groups are from (or related to) Palm Desert which is about 15 minutes from where I live. I was actually going to work with Brant Bjork from Kyuss years ago but lost contact when he went on tour.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i really like 'you can't quit me baby'

their shit seems to have a real solid grasp of groove

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Some of the only alt/indie rock stuff out there these days that is decent.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've always found Rated R to be their most consistent work end to end but appreciate the greatness of their first three albums. Seems to my ears at least that they've lost a certain amount of spark since nick oliveri left the group.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thank you Queens for resurrecting the career of Mark Lanegan, one of my favorite rock singers ever.

• You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire

Great track.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Kyuss, is that worth checking out?

very much so

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    if your enjoying the QOTSA stuff then def check out Kyuss and perhaps also Masters of Reality...

I feel the opposite, LOVE QOTSA - but I never got into Kyuss, Masters of reality, etc.

These are my joints though:

• The first, self-titled one w/ the song deej mentioned and "Mexicola" is the shit.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

I feel the opposite, LOVE QOTSA - but I never got into Kyuss, Masters of reality, etc.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I've always found Rated R to be their most consistent work end to end but appreciate the greatness of their first three albums. Seems to my ears at least that they've lost a certain amount of spark since nick oliveri left the group.

Definitely, Nick Oliveri was great.

This is my favorite stoneage lineup doing my favorite queens song. Lost art of keeping a secret.

- spidey

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    i am definitely fucking with songs for the deaf. i can't get with their older stuff, though.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    rated r is my shit. i like all the stoner metal crap. stonerrock.com

• QOTSA has always been one of those bands that I needed to get up more on.

I get my fill in from these gentlemen though,