Name some record stores in NY that buy records

ishnock_baptisteishnock_baptiste 90 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I have some hip hop records that I don't spin ( I spin mostly house, afrobeat and disco), and I would like to get them out of my cratessome of the stuff that i have: YNQCommonSA-RADilla, etcI got them in MP3 form, so I dont care about the waxthanx.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I got them in MP3 form, so I dont care about the wax

I like how that sounds. I would use it as a title for my album, if I was going to release an album.

• I got them in MP3 form, so I dont care about the wax

I like how that sounds. I would use it as a title for my album, if I was going to release an album.

No, It is not like that. I love wax. It's just that I don't care about hip hop wax, not my thing...disco, house and afrobeat is what I collect

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Well they have to be dead mint and rare if you want to get some real cake
    if you djed them they don't want em with very few exceptions to that rule
    spindle marks,back scratches/cue burn/cue tape/cue marks in pen are an instant turn off to these guys

ever heard of good records?
    howabout big city records?
    then theres the sound library
    don't you know this stuff already ?
    you are from bklyn and a dj right?
    academy might buy them but usually they are not too big on hip hop
    A-1 is a waste of time they have no money

rare and clean is the maxim

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I got them in MP3 form, so I dont care about the wax

I thought your first release was gonna be titled...

"This LP Does Not Exist And You Didn't Find It For A Quarter"[/b]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Make sure to bring all your Memph Bleek promos to:

Good Records NYC[/b]

The owner is an affable lad that will pay you top dollar for all that Rocafella holla. That's:

Good Records NYC[/b]

You're welcome J*nny!

• dude, I only shop at DOPE JAMS, HALCYON and DANCE TRACKS...everything else I buy online from GEMM or beatport, etc

In chicago I got to Dusty grooves, dr.wax and gramaphones.....

I dig, but im not a creature...online, my dude

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    dude, I only shop at DOPE JAMS, HALCYON and DANCE TRACKS...everything else I buy online from GEMM or beatport, etc

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    dude, I only shop at DOPE JAMS, HALCYON and DANCE TRACKS...everything else I buy online from GEMM or beatport, etc

DO YOU EVEN PARTY?!

• I dig, but im not a creature

• This is why I never come to this weak ass site, because there is nothing but a bunch of kids here who jag off on wack ass html codes just to create shit.

I mean the whole point of me saying I'm not a creature, meaning I'm not a beast. I'm not a beast record digger, like go all out. I dig a little, but I shop mainly online, and I'm more into the music aspect of it (not really caring about grabbing the most rare stuff). I'm in it for the music, not the collecting.

The most basic shit here gets turned into reality episodes and bad beer runs, not a good look at all, and it is proof that this site is not about music, especially with the wack ass posts that are listed daily...

I guess record collecting and being assholes go hand in hand, but I would rather have loving music AND REALLY KNOWING HOW TO DJ FOR 200, Alex

keep it lite.

• Make sure to bring all your Memph Bleek promos to:

Good Records NYC[/b]

The owner is an affable lad that will pay you top dollar for all that Rocafella holla. That's:

Good Records NYC[/b]

You're welcome J*nny!

I appreciate the feed back..peace

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is why I never come to this weak ass site, because there is nothing but a bunch of kids here who jag off on wack ass html codes just to create shit.

I mean the whole point of me saying I'm not a creature, meaning I'm not a beast. I'm not a beast record digger, like go all out. I dig a little, but I shop mainly online, and I'm more into the music aspect of it (not really caring about grabbing the most rare stuff). I'm in it for the music, not the collecting.

The most basic shit here gets turned into reality episodes and bad beer runs, not a good look at all, and it is proof that this site is not about music, especially with the wack ass posts that are listed daily...

I guess record collecting and being assholes go hand in hand, but I would rather have loving music AND REALLY KNOWING HOW TO DJ FOR 200, Alex

keep it lite.

Tell us about the afrobeat rarities you cop at Dustygroove and Dr. Wax

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I guess record collecting and being assholes go hand in hand

I'm pretty sure I was an asshole before I started collecting, but I do find it to be a helpful quality in my beast-like pursuit of records.

• beasting is a term used in sports, meaning go all out, like kicking ass..

example: Steve Jackson is beasting today...or LT is a creature with the ball..

Its not that serious dude, please. There is more shit in the world to spin your little mentals on than a post full of text and silly ass emoticons.

really, keep it lite.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    beasting is a term used in sports, meaning go all out, like kicking ass..

example: Steve Jackson is beasting today...or LT is a creature with the ball..

Its not that serious dude, please. There is more shit in the world to spin your little mentals on than a post full of text and silly ass emoticons.

really, keep it lite.

I think we're all familiar with beasting. It's the creaturing that's got us puzzled.

But let me ask this: are you an entity... dawg?

• This is why I never come to this weak ass site, because there is nothing but a bunch of kids here who jag off on wack ass html codes just to create shit.

keep it lite.

Tell us about the afrobeat rarities you cop at Dusty groove and Dr. Wax

I clearly said that I was not into , nor do I worry about rare stuff, and yes Dusty Groove does have some afrobeat. I have found some nice stuff there, TOO ME,THAT IS.

But I'm going say it again, you KEEP IT LITE....

• I guess record collecting and being assholes go hand in hand

I'm pretty sure I was an asshole before I started collecting, but I do find it to be a helpful quality in my beast-like pursuit of records.