U.S. Open

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Was watching kids day yesterday cause it brings back fond memories for wifey. Noticed that all the hosts were wearing cool vintage U.S. Open shirts, and as suspected they are for sale.http://www.usopenshop.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=288

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I still want the Cream Ralph Lauren Blazer that Federer wore at Wimbeldon.

• I still want the Cream Ralph Lauren Blazer that Federer wore at Wimbeldon.

Start practicing.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    OMG, i forgot. please tell me this is still early rounds.

flushing meadow is my favorite tennis championship. the closest thing to a rock show this sport can possibly get to! yay noise

• OMG, i forgot. please tell me this is still early rounds.

flushing meadow is my favorite tennis championship. the closest thing to a rock show this sport can possibly get to! yay noise

The noise is what turns me off completely from the U.S. Open. It's like the organizers at the BJKTC let all of the most unruly jock-asshole fans into the building. Shouting during the motion of a service and cheering at double faults are some of my biggest problems with that crowd. Granted, the energy is intense.

The noise is what turns me off completely from the U.S. Open. It's like the organizers at the BJKTC let all of the most unruly jock-asshole fans into the building. Shouting during the motion of a service and cheering at double faults are some of my biggest problems with that crowd. Granted, the energy is intense.

i'm talking about the airport hiss holmes, but i do think the crowd feeds off of that. hello queens!

• I have no problem with the planes.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

it gets better towards the final rounds when the ticket prices become prohibitive to the meat-head class.

cheering for unforced errors is

• covecove 1,566 Posts

seriously.

and that opening ceremony was fucking painful to watch.

and while i'm at it: Roger Federer is a fucking machine on the court, but doesn't he have the most smug, most-punchable face around??

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

seriously.

and that opening ceremony was fucking painful to watch.

and while i'm at it: Roger Federer is a fucking machine on the court, but doesn't he have the most smug, most-punchable face around??

I cant wait for the NBA to have "white american appreciation day" celebrating the contributions of Larry Bird.

people were cheering for unforced errors??!

yes. i always enjoy when rafael nadal sons his ass on clay

• this Nadal/Ferrer match on USA right now is really really good. all the points have been long and desperate and Ferrer is surprisingly evenly matched with Nadal. it's like 12:35am in new york right now and it's only the 3rd set with both taking a set a piece. i love it when sporting events go late night!

• I turned off the Roddick/Federer match after the second set tiebreak.

• That was sports played on an extremely high level last night for the first two nights; i felt like they should have been flying or something.

• Who won? I figured Roddick isnt coming back from losing the first 2 sets. He had his chances to split early on, but Fed dealt w/ Roddick's Serve & Volley game.

• i really like this tournament. i haven't been watching any tennis lately. the haas vs. blake match was incredible. unfortunately, haas is a crybaby and quits too fast. davydenko wasn't that good. he could have donemuch better in the quarter finals.

federer is just crazy. nadal has weak parts. federer doesn't. his technique is perfect.

• Who won? I figured Roddick isnt coming back from losing the first 2 sets. He had his chances to split early on, but Fed dealt w/ Roddick's Serve & Volley game.

After 2 good sets, Roddick got smoked 6-2 in the third.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Federer is seriously on some next level shit. His game looked so effortless compared to Roddick's, although Roddick's serve is pure

I don't see anyone beating Federer though. Four-peat it is.

• this year's open has been amazing. great tennis.

• Jankovic was camel-toeing it last night!!! crazy spilts!!!

• sliding like she was playing on clay or something. that was a good match, but both of them were pissing me off. Venus was just plain horrible; so many unforced errors. But the other girl just couldnt close it out. If she is ranked 3 she just didnt deserve to win it last night, especially after so many errors by venus.

I fell asleep during the mens, but it was great to see Andre. He looked great, but I had trouble hearing what he was saying a lot of the time.

• But isn't that always the dig at Venus - that she's error prone in spite of her brilliance???? Both Williams would be bigger monsters if they didn't have all the "distractions." Venus vs Henin is gonna be if Venus can figure how to reduce her errors.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Venus vs Henin is gonna be

• Jankovic was camel-toeing it last night!!! crazy spilts!!!

Haha... that was crazy. How about McEnroe's "no guy is gonna get up after that"

This Open has reinvigorated my tennis playing... it's been a few years. Boy, did I suck ass on the court yesterday. Reminds me of when I'd watch skate videos before going out to skate thinking I could do it all only to be sorely disappointed with my actual skills.

Let's go Djokovic!

Roddick doesn't serve and volley because he can't volley to save his life.

I can't believe he was #1 at one point. You shouldn't be #1 with such an incomplete game. Federer is so fun to watch. He's the best ever.

• Chokeabitch was awesome last night, especially his immitations of Nadal and Sharapova.