Anybody else fucking sick of 80s music????

13»

Comments

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    again, the extended mix of i ran onthe 12 is whole nother world. meatier (can I say that?)

Serioulsy. I used to HATE that shit. But I got this weekend gig a few years ago and the dude who booked me said you better bring some 80s music. I like, no problem. Showed up with Minutemen, REM, Joy Division and the like. Fucking cleared the place out!
    Next week I???m the thrifts and I picked up a grip of cheesy 80s 45s. Simple Minds, Madonna, Outfield, etc. The place went crazy. Did I sell out? Maybe, but I actually started to like that stuff.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hey girls wearing legwarmers, if you wanna warm yr legs up wear some pants instead. And Hot Hot Heat, plaese to stop playing music ASAP. You're hurting my feelings and my ears. Thousand other bands trying to sound like ESG and Gang of Four, I get it already. It was great the first time around when it was original. What happens when people run out of 80s fashions? Are people gonna start wearin moon boots and half shirts? (quick 3rdstream, google some funny pics)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hey girls wearing legwarmers, if you wanna warm yr legs up wear some pants instead. And Hot Hot Heat, plaese to stop playing music ASAP. You're hurting my feelings and my ears. Thousand other bands trying to sound like ESG and Gang of Four, I get it already. It was great the first time around when it was original. What happens when people run out of 80s fashions? Are people gonna start wearin moon boots and half shirts? (quick 3rdstream, google some funny pics)

all about slap bracelets and "X" paraphenalia soon

RE-REVENGE of the 90's will soon commence

John Book, get your Screaming Trees LPs out from storage

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Got to see/hear Mark Lanegan sing a couple of weeks agao. Some dudes that call themselves Queens of the Stone Age (I think) were playing behind him.

Seriously though, to just about everyone I spoke to about it...Mark Lanegan stole the show.

An old friend of mine and former Screaming Trees semi-fan went as far as saying...I only like it when that one dude is singing. Once I reminded him that it was Mark Lanegan, he was like "aww, no wonder".

http://www.grungelive.com/

WHO IS GRUNGE?
    Put simply, Grunge is a band with a mission???.
    Tired of the happy disco/80's dance craze that has taken over the local clubs since the rise and fall of the great Grunge scene, this all star band is determined to bring back, the Docs, the flannels, the mosh pit and all the manic energy of the early 90's. More than just a tribute band, Grunge picks you up and sends you crowd surfing back in time to a place where the hair was long, the beer was strong and the bands were heavy as hell!! Isn't it time for something old to be new again? You know you're ready! Screw dancing lets mosh!!! Grunge

And now???the lineup!!

Eddie Cornell-Vox
    A third cousin twice removed from Soundgardens famous front man, Eddie has a voice that's louder than love!! You name it he can sing it with angst to spare.

Jerry Gossard-Guitar
    Jerry swears he's Stone Gossards illigitamet adopted child (it's kind of a long story). Anyways, he totally shreds..enough said!

Krist Ament-Bass
    Krist is bass???fat bass!!! In addition Krist knows a guy who new a guy who once bass teched for Pearl Jam. What are the chances?

Mike Cantrell
    Mike once dated a girl whose sister used to go out with Jerry Cantrell from Alice n Chains. There's that AND he works the wa wa like a frekkin pimp!

Matt Grohl
    In 1992 after taking a boot to the head in the old mosh pit at a TAD show, Matt Wilson became convinced that he was actually Dave Grohls twin separated at birth. Unable as of yet to prove his claim Matt has changed his last name and spends all his time pounding the skins to be closer to his lost sibling

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hahaha! wow thats corny, that reminds me of that hey hey we're the grungys skit on Mr Show.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Jim Dandy's daughter, Piper has an 80s night here and it is the biggest fucking DJ night in town...and it sucks...they should just pump VH-1 classics through the PA...Great White, Bon Jovi, tired ass shit and it is THE SAME shit every week, but since it has all you can drink beer for 5 bucks the place is packed with white belts as far as the eyes can see....

• Jim Dandy's daughter, Piper has an 80s night here and it is the biggest fucking DJ night in town...and it sucks...they should just pump VH-1 classics through the PA...Great White, Bon Jovi, tired ass shit and it is THE SAME shit every week, but since it has all you can drink beer for 5 bucks the place is packed with white belts as far as the eyes can see....

This is the wackest shit ever! Beat up Bon Jovi and Poison records all night! 30-40 seconds in between songs! Shit skippin' all over the place!= 300 people dancing their asses off! I don't understand Memphis sometimes. This is what kind of love the Hook-Up and I get here. Folks would rather go to this than hear some real shit. Ignorance spreads like disease! These girls own about 50 records each...and they play the same ones and the same songs every week. The one girl hasn't lived here very long and someone introduced her to me. She said "I hear your the only guy in this town that is as big of a record nerd as me." Give me a break! And tonight were spinnin' at my b-day bash and I bet not that many people come cause some other local shitty hippster band is palying elsewhere. Everyone claims..."I'll try and make it to your party after the other show." This band will also be playing at the same place we'll be tonight 4 days from now.