Post a record you were excited to get recently

2»

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Completed a very pleasant trade recently.
    Really beautiful session.
    And a nice listen w/ the fan humming in the background.

You mean there was a background fan in the recording studio? Or you actually bought a fan?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• Seguida is surprisingly good, and the record in upper-left is astonishing.

• how is this? I have the other one by these guys on this label, the "fat backs jacks shack" or whatever and the funk flip.

• how is this? I have the other one by these guys on this label, the "fat backs jacks shack" or whatever and the funk flip.

It's a killer. IMHO it's a better tune than 'I Got The Love You Need'.

But i'll let you decide..... Enjoy.

• What the hell is this? Back pic looks like a group of waxidermists at snacktime.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    One of the most important Greek records ever released ..Honsestly, an perfect compination of polital poetry and Psych/Folk progressive rock sometimes mixed with traditional rythms . A fully electric LP. On ethe 4-5 Greek albums that desrve to be part of serious international psych collections. Ther no more tha few (5 at most ) good Greek psych lp's (one of them is this one, also Ballos and Drity Bread by Savopoulos add any other two you like...if it is really any )

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i recently got this one, and it's in the "how in the hell did i survive without this record in my life already?" realm. i should have owned this by now. i have no idea why i didn't.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    partly still with shrink and in beautiful condition looks like its never been played, the heaviest grant green ive heard so far, i do unfortunately have a tendency to pass on jazzguitar joints, however did grab this though.
    with idris muhammed on some very funky drums and ronnie foster/ neal creque on organ, starting out with a cover version of let the music take your mind, kool & the gang, on blue note 1970.... and yes im probably the last person on this board to discover this album, but daaamn i likes!!!

I absolutely love this album - one of those records where the live element makes it what it is. The drums on this record are superb as well.

i recently got this one, and it's in the "how in the hell did i survive without this record in my life already?" realm. i should have owned this by now. i have no idea why i didn't.

It boggles my mind that some people I know still refuse to embrace Leroy. As Long As There's Love Around is a stunning track.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

how is this? I have the other one by these guys on this label, the "fat backs jacks shack" or whatever and the funk flip.
    Whatelse is good on this label? My girlfriend has a Satisfactions 45, but I don't know anything else.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

i dont do best of's but the track by patricia is the
    it

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts

I gave up the fantasy of owning the original and recently succumbed to this re-ish. Great double-LP.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    this last one is an ebay pic, but a real world find. of course, my copy has a chip in the outside of the vinyl, but still plays through all the way if the needle is dropped accurately enough...detroit!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    File under: better than expected

• File under: better than expected

TOLD YOUUUU

• very nice --- ive ogt a really knackered copy thats only got the first disc -- but i still fucking love it!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    File under: better than expected

TOLD YOUUUU

Seriously, am I "sleeping on" later Joe Henderson or this it? I know I've had at least a couple of his other 70's lp's and didn't really think much of them at the time.