Post a record you were excited to get recently

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Shit is mad slow today at work... I got another 5 days until the friday night rap gig and a bit of a road trip / digging mission.I dida trade with strutter recently and got this:and I have to say, although I expected it to be good anyway, I was very impressed witht he sound on this. Great Kool and the gang covers and a few other cuts are dope as well.Post a record you got recently that was better than expected, or soemthing... I'm bored as hell and need reel record talk, yo.

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Montgomery Country Community College LATITUDES 1973-74

Cool private press college record feautring various artists. A mixture of psych, prog and jazz I guess, but a solid listen throughout. Saw it on Legend's site, but found it today for cheap.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I remmeber gettign this ages ago but finding it a bit when i gave it a listen. What tracks do you dig on it? I might have to give it another go.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Got this recently and it blew my mind, been on repeat for a week:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Got this recently and it blew my mind, been on repeat for a week:

no, dont show me this cover. i found just the sleeve for this in mint condition at the WORST thrift store in my hometown one time and was very angry.

• picked up ellen jackson's ghetto boogie after hearing a friend play it and ended up liking the flip hard times even more, love the sound of this record

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    partly still with shrink and in beautiful condition looks like its never been played, the heaviest grant green ive heard so far, i do unfortunately have a tendency to pass on jazzguitar joints, however did grab this though.
    with idris muhammed on some very funky drums and ronnie foster/ neal creque on organ, starting out with a cover version of let the music take your mind, kool & the gang, on blue note 1970.... and yes im probably the last person on this board to discover this album, but daaamn i likes!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    partly still with shrink and in beautiful condition looks like its never been played, the heaviest grant green ive heard so far, i do unfortunately have a tendency to pass on jazzguitar joints, however did grab this though.
    with idris muhammed on some very funky drums and ronnie foster/ neal creque on organ, starting out with a cover version of let the music take your mind, kool & the gang, on blue note 1970.... and yes im probably the last person on this board to discover this album, but daaamn i likes!!!

Word. Love the opening track with Idris banging it out.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Towson State College Jazz Ensemble (2 LPs)

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    ghetto boogie is a killer
    that grant green is no joke either
    this dub lp [one of the first ogs i ever found in the real world that is in mint condition]
    has been gettin much play/love
    the fat man riddim section killin it

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

very stoked to get this recently, fragile loner folk..

stoked on the new Christina Carter "electrice" lp too

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Scored this underground local L.A. Psych Comp from 1968 here in Vermont a few days ago for $2, minty as hell.

I've been really hyped on it, every track is a winner. If anybody sees this, cop it. You would think it would have more of a garage tinge, but it's heavy psych, lots of fuzz, and all that good stuff.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

The Brothers and Sisters - When Gospel Sings Bob Dylan

• finally caught this...didnt like it at first, but it grew on me quickly

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Falling For Your Love

• I finally got a copy of this local Indianapolis psych gem, be it a repress...Great LP written by Ron Matelic, daddy of Scotty Matelic!

• Way to sneak in a "crazy legs" cameo!

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

Found this at a flea today. It has the 'All of us are born with the miraculous ability to determine the direction from which sounds approach' sample that Primo cuts on Afu-Ra's Whirlwind thru cities, which I didn't know when I picked it up.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Shout to the one Paycheck...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Towson State College Jazz Ensemble (2 LPs)

I also enjoy this Lp.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This...

And this...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The tracks by Dies Irae and Ardo Dombec are !

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Finally!

Early-80's Brit Funk boogie goodness.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Completed a very pleasant trade recently.
    Really beautiful session.
    And a nice listen w/ the fan humming in the background.

• ----thanks **??***

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    this last one is an ebay pic, but a real world find. of course, my copy has a chip in the outside of the vinyl, but still plays through all the way if the needle is dropped accurately enough...detroit!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Scored this underground local L.A. Psych Comp from 1968 here in Vermont a few days ago for $2, minty as hell.

I've been really hyped on it, every track is a winner. If anybody sees this, cop it. You would think it would have more of a garage tinge, but it's heavy psych, lots of fuzz, and all that good stuff.

I have a copy of this - one of the few "bargains" I got at the FMU show last
    year ... definitely like a number of tracks ... we were trying to figure out if
    some of them are from Sidewalk soundtrack LP's, of which there are a few
    rare ones, or otherwise, if all the bands are "real" and where they are from.
    Nice version of "Season of the Witch" on there, too.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    onyx - city life (rasta funk) 45

wasnt lookin for it. found it at the flea market. went home and played it. favorite song now.