quick... i need the BLACK HEAT discography

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
what did they have, like 4 albums or something? i need titles only... years and catalog numbers are not necessary but if you can deliver that information as well very quickly you will impress me

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think that discog^ lists the same album twice,
    but yeah, I only know S/T, "No TIme To Burn" and
    "Keep On Runnin'" ... there may be a 4th.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    "Keep On Burnin'" ... there may be a 4th.

yeah it does... theres only three that i know of. i havent listened to their albums in a long time. do i need to revist these for any reason? theyre in my beginning diggin crates locked away at my parents house for storage.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    do i need to revist these for any reason? theyre in my beginning diggin crates locked away at my parents house for storage.

I like the first two. "No Time To Burn" is a pretty solid LP, IMO.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    "Keep On Burnin'" ... there may be a 4th.

yeah it does... theres only three that i know of. i havent listened to their albums in a long time. do i need to revist these for any reason? theyre in my beginning diggin crates locked away at my parents house for storage.

i don't be trustin' theose discog type sites on the internets... they aint always correct. i trust the SOULSTRUT INFORMATION CENTER much more... soooooooo much

i was thinkin there might be a fourth lp that i wasn't thinkin of, but i guess probbly not

no need to revisit there albums unless you like their music and want to hear it again. if you only had their albums because somebody told you they were funky and had mad breaks and that you needed them in your life back when you were a beginner but secretly you never understood what all the drumbreak funky fuss was all about and their music had absolutely no affect on your soulful limb movements... i'd say tell your folks to throw them out now and stop wasting their storage space

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    if you only had their albums because somebody told you they were funky and had mad breaks and that you needed them in your life back when you were a beginner but secretly you never understood what all the drumbreak funky fuss was all about and their music had absolutely no affect on your soulful limb movements...

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    "No time to burn "is very solid but "Keep on running" is really known and bought for the track "Zimba KU" breakbeat classic. I haven't heard their other albums.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    do i need to revist these for any reason? theyre in my beginning diggin crates locked away at my parents house for storage.

very solid, the solid-est of the 3 if we're talking dope funk. so much more than braekz...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    soulful limb movements

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I like that one, too.

Jimmy Douglas--Timbaland's longtime engineer--was heavily involved with the group.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I actually prefer No Time To Burn as an album to listen to from beginning to end. Both quality though.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I actually prefer No Time To Burn as an album to listen to from beginning to end. Both quality though.

My two favorites are the second & third. No Time To Burn is their crowning moment, recommended if you like funk that leans in a rockish direction. I'm also partial to Keep On Running.

Never got it with the self-titled debut, though - it's just laid-back jazz-funk that doesn't really go anywhere.