Weekend Excavations 8/24.....

2»

Comments

• radrad 51 Posts

and ?

i dont get it.

It's just waaayyy too easy for you to get those kinds of records!!!

thats right, im straight up jealous. a lot of my favourite records are polish.

Its not as easy as used to be few years ago.
    Right now Poland is dry as hell.
    Buying stuff like String beat or Jerzy Milian's is almost impossible.
    Sometimes is easier to find polish records outside poland.

For example:
    Last time when i saw Alex band - zderzenie mysli for sale/trade it was in may in GERMANY ! and i bought 2 copies of this in UK for better money then here sooo ...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I had been sleeping on these Numero comps for far too long, great stuff. Found some super clean original press jazz LPs too which made for a nice change. There were tons more but I had to be choosey. I hope to make a return trip soon. But the highlight has to be the Mendes LP, long time white whale......

• radrad 51 Posts

That Lower left Locomotiv record from the play (or movie?) is niiice. How is the other one? I got "Motor City Rock" and like a few tracks, but the vocals are just too cheesy sometimes. Great music though...

- J

Thats one is 100 times better then this lower left Locomotiv. I think its the best Locomotiv's LP.
    PM me if you want some samples from that LP.

Yeah vocals on easter euorpean records are offen cheesy

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    But the highlight has to be the Mendes LP, long time white whale......

Despite all of the legends and mythology surrounding
    the Mendes record, still the most compelling thing about
    it just has to be the back cover. Face-disintegrate.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Picked up a bunch of 45s and a couple of LPs in Peshawar this weekend. Some Pashtu, some Urdu, some Punjabi and some usual Hindi/Bollywood stuff. Among them a Pakistan pressing Hare Krishna 7" as a free give away from a real "Prince" !
    Would have been great to pick up a copy of Khyber Mail there as well, but I ve at least seen the Khyber Pass and the route of the Khyber Mail train. Pictures and sounds will hopefully follow, when I am back.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Make it your thousandth post! I??d really like to hear about that, the "Digging in Wherever" posts with pics and stories might be my favourite threads on here.

- J

• found on Sunday:

lots og Hungarian stuff there...

• Rolled to the swap meet to look for vintage sheet music. Didn't find any, but I did finally pick up amen brother for a buck, as well as some other beat up 45s. It was a good enough weekend I suppose.

• whats that Omega - 10,00 lepes record like?? i think i want a copy but i cant remember why -- the name has been in my head for a little while ... any good?

• radrad 51 Posts

whats that Omega - 10,00 lepes record like?? i think i want a copy but i cant remember why -- the name has been in my head for a little while ... any good?

This LP is onetracker for me but i really like it. I think its hard to find right now with this cover. It was some special edition with poster or something like that.

Here you have this crazy tune:

8 minutes long with crazy drums

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts

I had been sleeping on these Numero comps for far too long, great stuff. Found some super clean original press jazz LPs too which made for a nice change. There were tons more but I had to be choosey. I hope to make a return trip soon. But the highlight has to be the Mendes LP, long time white whale......

Have you found a new spot K***?? You are right about those Numero comps, great stuff!!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Have you found a new spot K***?? You are right about those Numero comps, great stuff!!!
    Nah, no new spot, just helps to know dudes at Real Groovy for when the new stuff comes, so pretty soon some more like this will be out for $$$ in their jazz section & then I can't get them for cheap . All ex-NZBC Library stock. I would have liked to get more, but those Numero comps drained my finances for this paycheck. That Freddie Roach LP is the shit! Wish there was a new spot in AK though.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

b/w

reissue, but hott

and a big WTF???

b/w

BONUS:

T-BONE WALKER 78

• daang dog. that keleee never turns up

whats up with bermuda triangle? looks like it should have some lord of the irngs references contained within

hippiedermy shit all day. arp, patchouli, hofner bass, etc. i grabbed that because of the chick on the back playing violin and drums. has covers of "knights in white satin" and "dream on". it's good.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    hippiedermy shit all day. arp, patchouli, hofner bass, etc. i grabbed that because of the chick on the back playing violin and drums. has covers of "knights in white satin" and "dream on". it's good.

From NYC/LI and I dig it a lot.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

It's also worth some ok $ if you decide to slang.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

$250 was the most I ever got for one....today I'd guess it's between $150-$300??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

$250 was the most I ever got for one....today I'd guess it's between $150-$300??

That sounds about right. Depends on condition of course.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    now i know what the cover to those sexy moments looks like! ive had a random coverless copy for a while.

Selda does smoke! "yaz gaztecki yaz" is incredible!

• now i know what the cover to those sexy moments looks like! ive had a random coverless copy for a while.

Selda does smoke! "yaz gaztecki yaz" is incredible!

i bought the cd a while back. its an awesome album all the way through.

speaking of re-issues anyone cop east of underground yet?

That sounds about right. Depends on condition of course.
    mint. too bad i like it. i could use a nice little infusion of cash into my record allowance.