Weekend Excavations 8/24.....

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
actually this is the result of multiple attacks on the same spot this past 2 weeks and today. ive gone thru 5-10% of it so far. picture 300 full uhaul boxes of records minimum. might take till next spring, as only allowed about 45 min to look at a crack. certainly not complaining! i like projects.^^ clara ward is pretty loungey vocals BUT its a rather edgy axelrod production.sundays child is nice. billy mitchell is fairly cool instrumentals.^^ okay, there was another 3 degrees on Roulette?!? though it seems to be partly a collection of past hits. the Drums in concert is partly classical but theres some cool percussion suites. i think this is 1st sergio?^^ 3rd degree is 1984 private press psyche revival / totally weird. the Seastones is a quite rare solo G.Dead thing (phil lesh) but its not rock at all, its completely out there minimal avant garde soundscape stuff.^^ 1st time ive ever seem this impressions outside of a picture in a book. crossed off a grail with ruby andrews. these original HBR kids records are not easy to find and are worth $. im trying to put together a set, and its taking many years.^^ the portable flower factory is Scholastic Bob Dorough, on this one they cover "across the universe"! i always forget which Roosevelt is which, but grab em bothwhen cheap of course. plus a roosevelt 7" ive never seen before. the hawkins 7" box would be big $ but its just a box unfortunately. i took it anyway cuz its cool.^^ FACEMELTER YACHTROCKRAER^^ an otherwise valuable Stones sleeve ruined by the satanic glare of John Schnieder.^^ ran across a vein of ex-dj 12"s, it was like endless acid house which i know nothing about, and occasional rap and oddball stuff.^^ 2 by Lambchops, didnt know them but theyre kinda good.^^ coverless majestics lurking in the house 12"s! ...45's....................................^^john schnieder haunts the zombies 45 with cool sleeve. because hes a zombie from Hazzard.

Comments

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

It??s obviously a facemelting lot, so I??ll skip that and ask a question.

Is that Yvonne Fair a first press? I recently bought it, but the frame around the picture is all filled with weird pink, yellow and green objects. Looks like a later issue. What??s the deal?

- J

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ran through 10 or something smaller fleas today and pulled a little bit, a few ok ones in between....

also bagged this for the second time within two weeks

cover has a bit wear but the wax is cleeeeean!

picture is all filled with weird pink, yellow and green objects.

i belive its candy!!

Mmmm... candy

- J

• also bagged this for the second time within two weeks

that the shit!!!!

yo karlo...can we get a picture of your record shelves & storage?
    i'm picturing vinyl as far as the eyes can see with you on a little golf cart with a vestax sitting on the passenger seat

• i got 13 records for $20.
    a yusef lateef i had never seen before called "10 years hence"

and this:

in great shape

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    a yusef lateef i had never seen before called "10 years hence"

"I be coooold!"

• also bagged this for the second time within two weeks

ive sent you a sneaky PM

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Just a couple dollar finds from the thrift...

Yaqui S/T (Playboy, 73): Santana rip-off with one psychedelic funk track called "Mitote".

Candido S/T (ABC Paramount): Nice early jazz with some fire conga solos

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    It??s obviously a facemelting lot, so I??ll skip that and ask a question.

Is that Yvonne Fair a first press? I recently bought it, but the frame around the picture is all filled with weird pink, yellow and green objects. Looks like a later issue. What??s the deal?

- J

I've got the same one. Not in front of me at the moment, but I was thinking that it was a foreign press. Mine has a thin, cardboard/paper cover with the candy around it.

KARLO... What's the deal with that screaming mothers lp? I believe I had it years ago, but can't remember the details.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    TLC ?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    couldnt pass up this totally bitchin' picture sleeve..also this press kicks the shit outta the Back Beat version sonically...the slightly overdriven bass at the beginning of the track really stands out...this thing sounds awesome!

paid a little more than I wanted to pay for this, but I figured I should jump on it as this is a tough one to find

nice Shirley Ellis cover on this one

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

- J

I have the "candy" version too, so i was wtf when i saw the brown one. side by side, i can see they have the exact same info and index # and the vinyl is identical. Im thinking the brown one came first and they soon switched to the candy cover for some reason. Only because i seem to see the candy one more often (in pix anyway).

The Screaming Mothers is similar to the other "rock orchestra" type records on Mainstream (like "Images" in the top pic of my post, and 2 or 3 others i know of.). Some of these records have breaks/loops, but they all have at least a few killer covers. Havent listened to this one yet so im hoping for the best.

i cant get a golf cart down the stairs here, but youve given me a photoshop idea..

• saturday finds. totally 5 drumbreaks here also.

saturday finds. totally 5 drumbreaks here also.

What??s that Skorpio record? And "Trollskog" is nice. Got mine at a fleamarket for 5kr.

- J

• fucking hell fred. ive been after that Skorpio for a while aswell.... always one step ahead.

• MCF

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

MCF

[Obi Wan Graemlin] You don't need those upper left two and bottom left corner records. You should give them to The Non. [/Obi Wan Graemlin]

I need an Obi Wan graemlin!

• fucking hell fred. ive been after that Skorpio for a while aswell.... always one step ahead.

I have a copy for trade/sale if interested.

this is funny, it happens a lot of times, guess were just after the same sound, i hadnt heard the record before i found it on saturday. sounded real good to me and the price was real cheap so i bought it. is it worthy ?

fredrik

• radrad 51 Posts
    found on Sunday:

Sorry for poor quality of pics, they are from cellphone.

first two vinyls from pic #1 sounds like this:
    Hush cover made by Marcela:

Corvina:

• found on Sunday:

Sorry for poor quality of pics, they are from cellphone.

first two vinyls from pic #1 sounds like this:
    Hush cover made by Marcela:

Corvina:

Loc: Krakow, Poland

found on Sunday:

That Lower left Locomotiv record from the play (or movie?) is niiice. How is the other one? I got "Motor City Rock" and like a few tracks, but the vocals are just too cheesy sometimes. Great music though...

- J

• radrad 51 Posts

Loc: Krakow, Poland

and ?

i dont get it.

• and ?

i dont get it.

It's just waaayyy too easy for you to get those kinds of records!!!

• bank holiday weekend in london, too lazy for pics now. about 4 record shops have gone under there in the past 3 months; pickins are getting ever slimmer.

1. billy butler-night life
    2. michael white-land of spirit and light
    3. tyrone washington-roots
    4. cymande-self titled
    5. calvin keys-proceed with caution
    6. renee geyer-realy love you

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    if you're interested in any of these, hit me up

and can anyone give me some info on these three records?

• and ?

i dont get it.

It's just waaayyy too easy for you to get those kinds of records!!!

thats right, im straight up jealous. a lot of my favourite records are polish.