Bjork in Detroit

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Any Strutters going?I just want to say... the fact that she's coming here is bugged. Why Detroit? Shit... ... I'm trippin'.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Wow, where's she playin' at? Yeah, I'd rather have you tell me then look it up myself right now.
    Say it's St. Andrews and I'm on a plane.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    She's playing in NY as well.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I didn't think she would get love on here because she's exalted by the backpack/hipsteur elite.

I think she's amazing - and nuttiness just makes her entertainment??

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Wow, where's she playin' at? Yeah, I'd rather have you tell me then look it up myself right now.

St. Andrews would be bonkers... I bet it's the State theater though.

Sup gambit? I owe you a phone call...

Sup drewn? Gotta make it back out to Philly sometime soon... When you heading down to DC? You always got a place to crash.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Sup drewn? Gotta make it back out to Philly sometime soon... When you heading down to DC? You always got a place to crash.
    She playing at The Fox Theatre, my dudes. Commanding $100 orchestral pit seats and e'rything!

I'm still debating on whether I'm keeping my tickets or not.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

She playing at The Fox Theatre, my dudes. Commanding $100 orchestral pit seats and e'rything!

I'm still debating on whether I'm keeping my tickets or not.

The Fox sounds about right, especially if she's doing a full-on show. I saw her at a ballet theater in Chicago several years ago. Matmos opened and they had speakers wired all around the seating area, so effects were flying all over the place. My one honest gripe about the performance was how disconnected Bjork was from the audience. If felt like there was a transparent wall between her and us. I would have been just as satisfied watching it for a quarter of the ticket price in HD. I'd still love to say I saw Bjork in Detroit, though.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I think she's amazing - and nuttiness just makes her entertainment??

• i saw bj??rk a couple summers ago in madrid at the olympic parks on the outside of town. great show, but she had very little interaction with the audience. but it was kinda funny, though, bc after every song, she'd rush up to the mic and scream "GRACIAS!"

would love to see her in detroit, but $100 - NO GRACIAS!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    would love to see her in detroit, but $100 - NO GRACIAS!

There's cheaper seats...

I've never paid this kind of money for a concert - ever. I'm wearing a suit jacket, just to feel appropriate [if I go]. Heck, I might even throw on a full suit. I need some gators... like some paisley joints. That would be really stuntin'.