Record cover ID please.

KnowellKnowell 7 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
anyone know what record that is with the birds on the front???

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's a train your bird to speak spoken word record that I have. The record I have that I think it is is just loops of the same word over and over again. I know that Nightmares on Wax lifted a "Whats your name" sample or "hello" or something from it on a track they did from their last album.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    rumor has it that it's the second Stark Reality

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i'm betting its that teach birds to talk record. i've seen it out there somewhere and it looks like that.... i know thats not that helpful.

Oh shit i didn't realise the asker had only 2 posts.

Please disregard my serious and highly helpful response for this...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yes. It is a bird training lp. It is worthless... well, I suppose unless you want to train a bird.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i have it. i dont remember the exact title but its like "teaching your bird to talk"

i really dont know why its on display...theres some kinda moody rhodes shit on the intro if i remember correctly but other than that the whole thing is just phrases over and over again to teach your bird.

Yes. It is a bird training lp. It is worth less if it has bird poo attacxhed to the cover. I have a raer non-bird poo copy that i will only trade for eurolibrarydramastabzraerbreakz[/b]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You guys ruined the fun. I was trying to come up with an alternate title for this and Kinetic responded. Something that sounded like funkyblackmansoul like: Hank "Funky" Parrot--Tropical Flyin' or something. Sheet.

My apologies.

I will refer more closely to the post count before responding seriously in future.

Seriously.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    FOR SERIOUS

I have a spare vinyls[/b] copy of this raer birdie funk if anyone needs it.

For Serious

• actually i do have the bird training record and didnt think it was the same record..thats why i was curious to know what that record was with the same cover...

actually i do have the bird training record and didnt think it was the same record..thats why i was curious to know what that record was with the same cover...

I'm sorry... can we just clarrify this: You have the record, and you knew what it was, but you wanted to see what the record.. with the same cover... was?

Why did you not think it was the same record, if... it was the same record?

• My apologies.

I will refer more closely to the post count before responding seriously in future.

Seriously.

no my apologies...i didnt realize i needed a certain amount of post to inquire about a record...

My apologies.

Seriously.

no my apologies...i didnt realize i needed a certain amount of post to inquire about a record...

Evidently, you are out of your depth with this soul strut posting thing.

Please proceed to the lurking isle and await further instructions.

• actually i do have the bird training record and didnt think it was the same record..thats why i was curious to know what that record was with the same cover...

I'm sorry... can we just clarrify this: You have the record, and you knew what it was, but you wanted to see what the record.. with the same cover... was?

cover looks the same..title looks different..simple enough

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    look at the name of the first picture.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    actually i do have the bird training record and didnt think it was the same record..thats why i was curious to know what that record was with the same cover...

You may have the rarer first pressing of the record which is entitled "Teach Your Bird To talk" & is written in a different font. The first pressing has open drums between some of the words. The drums were removed from subsequent pressings because of their obvious similarities to the "Amen Break". This was historically one of the earliest legal actions of this type. If your copy doesn't have these drums, it is an even later press in which they reverted to the original "Teach" title & font. These are not as sought after unfortunately. Confusing I know, but hopefully this will clear things up a bit. I apologise for those other guys trying to play you because of your low post count, don't pay any attention to them. You are welcome back any time.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

You may have the rarer first pressing of the record which is entitled "Teach Your Bird To talk" & is written in a different font. The first pressing has open drums between some of the words. The drums were removed from subsequent pressings because of their obvious similarities to the "Amen Break". This was historically one of the earliest legal actions of this type. If your copy doesn't have these drums, it is an even later press in which they reverted to the original "Teach" title & font. These are not as sought after unfortunately. Confusing I know, but hopefully this will clear things up a bit. I apologise for those other guys trying to play you because of your low post count, don't pay any attention to them. You are welcome back any time.

fuck i forgot about that, we talked about that shit on the crates list. does anybody on here have an actual copy? i'd like to see the original. some dude posted a clip of those drums and they were pure

fuck i forgot about that, we talked about that shit on the crates list. does anybody on here have an actual copy? i'd like to see the original. some dude posted a clip of those drums and they were pure

This is the break that Shadow used on the dub version of "This Time", right? Goddamn i need that. My copy does not havwe the drums unfortunately but I remember when i was NYC back in 2001 and they had a copy on the wall at TSL. Asking price? You DO NOT wanna know.

This is the break that Shadow used on the dub version of "This Time", right? Goddamn i need that. My copy does not havwe the drums unfortunately but I remember when i was NYC back in 2001 and they had a copy on the wall at TSL. Asking price? You DO NOT wanna know.

i usually dont waste space on message boards to add nonsense to a post...but wow...first you bash me for only having 2 post and 2nd for asking about a record i already have. now all of a sudden you recall seeing a copy in 2001?

well anyway if this is true "first pressing of the record which is entitled "Teach Your Bird To talk" & is written in a different font. The first pressing has open drums between some of the words"

i would also like to hear clip...

Knowell - Unfortunately I have never owned this record, I have been told this info by others. If your copy has a different title but the same cover, is it the "Teach" version, "Train" version or another one that I don't know about? Your copy doesn't have the drums I guess since you want to hear a clip? Maybe someone else can post a clip???
    Kinetic - I don't know if Shadow used it or not, perhaps you need to

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    these dudes are dickin you man. dont listen to them. there is no other version of the record

Kinetic - I don't know if Shadow used it or not, perhaps you need to

My First

I will cherrish this moment. To Da breakz I go!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    these dudes are dickin you man. dont listen to them. there is no other version of the record

Yeah, he made the mistake of doubting that Teach your bird to talk was Hip Hop so he came here to get confirmation. WTF does Soulstrut know about a) Birds b) Hip Hop?

But he said that he has a different version with the same cover earlier & a couple of people have mentioned both "Teach" & "Train" titles already in the thread.

Can I just say this is shaping up to be my favourite thread today.

Thanks

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i mean, give him a break. who really care's yahmean? it's not a big deal

i mean, give him a break. who really care's yahmean? it's not a big deal

If you heard the break you wouldn't be saying that.

bro, aren't you s'posed to be at the breaks???